minime331

Plasti Dip ideas

Looks great......You might as well go and buy 20+ cans now as you will be PD'ing just about everything...I swear its an aerosol cocaine...

Thought I would share my first PD adventure. Thanks for turning me on to this stuff Craig. Really happy with the results. Finishing up the bumper cover tomorrow. Would have been 250 bucks to replace the trim, I would call a 6 dollar can a better deal.

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

I will have to start attending weekly meetings where you stand up and say My name is Brandy and I have a problem with PB.

You left out a part. You have to say, "My name is Brandy, I'm a MINIac, and I have a problem with PB."

Hello Brandy! :congrats:

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

Anyone recognize this MINI? :biggrin:

In the middle of PD

2012-03-26_19-08-16_492_zpsec0d6244.jpg

Thought I finished once it got dark, but realized when I drove it the next day that I still had a little more PD to add.

2012-03-28_12-49-56_385_zps5adf45b0.jpg

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

Good Lord!

Do the Plasti Dip people know the cult like following they have? WOW!

Is that a WHITE plati-dipped MCS?? From the camera shots, I gotta say, Damn, looks pretty nice for a driveway job, would LOVE to see it in person, and take a real look at it. Only thing I would have done different, is left the rear inserts to each side of the reverse lights black. . .but I mean, wow, that's pretty damn good for a lot job(I would send PD Pics!).

My Li'illi Ka'a has been sitting, Dad used it for the time he was here helping me post-op, and glad to have it being turned over. BUT, I finally managed to make the walk out to the resident lot I had to park it at, in my space(My handicapped pass is in use by Dana so she can tote me around) and was doing a walk around. . . .my poor MINI, it's in such sad shape, if it made me want to cry, I can only imagine how SHE feels. . .

It had had a day with Mr.Rockwell at Alexandria getting all new brakes, rotors, and a few other lil things, so I wanted to just SEE my MINI. . . My. MINI. IS. FILTHY.

My rims, that I did well over a year ago, look like they might be in need of some TLC and this thread has certainly got me thinking of the PD route.

Does the PD dry texture free? Is it a flat product? For some reason I have always though of it as more of a spray in bed liner type "paint", you know, with a little texture to it, or am I way off in this assumption?

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

Does the PD dry texture free? Is it a flat product? For some reason I have always though of it as more of a spray in bed liner type "paint", you know, with a little texture to it, or am I way off in this assumption?

PD is a rubberized spray an when it dries it is in a "flat"...think of a texture of a black garbage bag but flat on the exposed side.

wow, that came out really good

Thanks, it took some time.

very nice!!! like the b&w. i thought you had a new exhaust?

This was a while ago, I took off the PD before I started going to DCMM meets.

so how many cans did that take? Lol

16 cans I think..?

Good Lord!

Do the Plasti Dip people know the cult like following they have? WOW!

Is that a WHITE plati-dipped MCS?? From the camera shots, I gotta say, Damn, looks pretty nice for a driveway job, would LOVE to see it in person, and take a real look at it. Only thing I would have done different, is left the rear inserts to each side of the reverse lights black. . .but I mean, wow, that's pretty damn good for a lot job(I would send PD Pics!).

My Li'illi Ka'a has been sitting, Dad used it for the time he was here helping me post-op, and glad to have it being turned over. BUT, I finally managed to make the walk out to the resident lot I had to park it at, in my space(My handicapped pass is in use by Dana so she can tote me around) and was doing a walk around. . . .my poor MINI, it's in such sad shape, if it made me want to cry, I can only imagine how SHE feels. . .

It had had a day with Mr.Rockwell at Alexandria getting all new brakes, rotors, and a few other lil things, so I wanted to just SEE my MINI. . . My. MINI. IS. FILTHY.

My rims, that I did well over a year ago, look like they might be in need of some TLC and this thread has certainly got me thinking of the PD route.

Never sent pictures to the PD company, but they do know of the PD following that's why they're coming out with so many different product lines.

PD is a rubberized spray an when it dries it is in a "flat"...think of a texture of a black garbage bag but flat on the exposed side.

^^^This.

Edited by 68wmcs

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

Perfect. Might be the way to retouch/redo my rims.

Got out to the MINI for the first time in a week or 2, my dad was the last to drive, and left me with some GREAT curb rash to sort out, but the rims need a good going over with black again anyways.

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

I did mine about 4 months ago and still look great...granted I did 4 coats to make it thick and durable

Perfect. Might be the way to retouch/redo my rims.

Got out to the MINI for the first time in a week or 2, my dad was the last to drive, and left me with some GREAT curb rash to sort out, but the rims need a good going over with black again anyways.

Man that looked real good. do it again~!!!!

If I do this again, it will be black. It would require less PD cans, because trying to change it to white takes so many cans! haha

I surrender! Compared to you guys - AND YOU Brandy, I am a PD Novice... That really was a nice look you had there Mike! Very impressive.

Now ideas are percolating and the fall colors run is coming up soon...

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I surrender! Compared to you guys - AND YOU Brandy, I am a PD Novice... That really was a nice look you had there Mike! Very impressive.

Now ideas are percolating and the fall colors run is coming up soon...

I've PD 1 Honda civic in black, my MINI white/black, and a set of wheels in Blaze Orange. Yes Ali, there is a bright Orange. :laugh:

Craig are your ideas staying a secret? Or will you fill us in on your devious plans?