minime331

Plasti Dip ideas

just a helpful hint from someone who has plasti wheels, your gonna need more then 3 cans. I use 2 cans per wheel, the more coats the longer it last. But don't do it if your about to get new tires.

Wow, wasn't expecting it to need that much, but noted. And I got new wheels a few months ago. I'll be doing lots of masking.

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

i dont know about 2 cans per but i did 4 very thorough coats per rim and havent even had to touch up anything in the 4 months they have been PD'd..also for masking..all i did was stuff behind the rims with grocery bags so nothing was exposed...remember any overspray on the tires will just simply peel off..also another valuable tool to have when using PD is toothpicks as they are priceless when u have a peice u want gone but cant get to it...

Wow, wasn't expecting it to need that much, but noted. And I got new wheels a few months ago. I'll be doing lots of masking.

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

Finally had time to get out and take care of my Rim Job! (huh huh huh)

You did a great job!

Only recommendation I would add, is instead of the using painters tape to mask just use an old deck of cards. It's easier to move around the gap between the wheel and tire.

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

:congrats::congrats:

Looks Great...Yeah either do card or like me just spray the tires and then peel off the excess when done..

Finally had time to get out and take care of my Rim Job! (huh huh huh)

As long as the UPS truck arrives in time, I hope to have photo's of a cool new PD project before the weekend. If the truck doesn't arrive in time, well, there's still gonna be a cool project but it won't be right now. :)

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

personally i leave a space as there is never any question if the tape is gonna damage the finished look...I feel that the tape to close could peel off an edge of the PD...just overly cautious

So we watched a few PD videos and when it comes to taping, some said to tape right up to the edge, while others said to leave room for the PD to touch the car then peel off the excess.

10 cans of white for Lola (rims

2 cans of red for El Coqui

3 cans of gloss

2 spray nozzles

2 bottles of Pre-dip spray

Oh and plan to pick up some black at HD for El Coqui

Geno's going to try to do the belt line in this shade of red to see if it will match the mirror caps better. Dechrome in black. And paint his winter rims black.

I'll paint my rims white and maybe a few other things.

Signature.JPG

10 cans of white for Lola (rims

2 cans of red for El Coqui

3 cans of gloss

2 spray nozzles

2 bottles of Pre-dip spray

Oh and plan to pick up some black at HD for El Coqui

Geno's going to try to do the belt line in this shade of red to see if it will match the mirror caps better. Dechrome in black. And paint his winter rims black.

I'll paint my rims white and maybe a few other things.

ok that works :rofl: i cant wait to see the end result hope it looks good

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Yippie! I contacted DYC.com to ask about the status of the order. They told me it's already shipped and gave me the tracking number. It's arriving today! They never updated the order status online or sent me an email. Oh well, at least I know what we'll be doing this weekend!

Signature.JPG

Yippie! I contacted DYC.com to ask about the status of the order. They told me it's already shipped and gave me the tracking number. It's arriving today! They never updated the order status online or sent me an email. Oh well, at least I know what we'll be doing this weekend!

That's one thing I forgot to mention about DYC.com. They couple times I've ordered through them, I had to contact him to get my tracking info.

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!