minime331

Plasti Dip ideas

so it seems like pretty much a lot of us love plast-dip (pd). from doing headlight rings to gas caps, and so on. i am making this thread just to talk bout pd ideas you may have, colors and anything pd bc it seems like when one person makes a thread bout something else when all end up talking about pd.

so i guess ill start off with an idea that i have.

as some of you know a while back i posted a thread about doing my dash painting or wrapping, couple of days ago i thought how bout pd it! so what do you all think?

also i am going to need to redo some of my extior pd due to wear and chips.

so this thread i think should be totally about pd, ideas concepts, color, anything about pd

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

you can only buy black PD in a rattle can or yellow in a liquid can at home depot or lowes. my go to place for PD is Dipyourcar.com, he sells every available product by PD and he's also an authorized seller.

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

Home Depot or Lowes ($6 a Can) are the best places to get the black PD in a spray can...If you want any other color the web is the place to go.....If you do your dash are you gonna disassemble or tape off the dash and spray in place??

Edited by nharrison21

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

I bet this is one thread on the entire Forum that Haemish will visit once and then never, ever visit it again... :)

I'm headed to the pd store to see what colors and other products they have!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Home Depot or Lowes ($6 a Can) are the best places to get the black PD in a spray can...If you want any other color the web is the place to go.....If you do your dash are you gonna disassemble or tape off the dash and spray in place??

if i am going to pd my dask i am going to take it off and do it that way. can pd be clear coated? bc it seems like pd grabs every little piece lint and dust

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

i might take a look into that

What I plan on doing is just buying regular clear coat from Lowe's/Home Depot/AutoZone etc and just putting that over my PD. It's reasonable to assume that as long as you lay down PD first then lay another coat of anything else, it will still peel off. Right?

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

What I plan on doing is just buying regular clear coat from Lowe's/Home Depot/AutoZone etc and just putting that over my PD. It's reasonable to assume that as long as you lay down PD first then lay another coat of anything else, it will still peel off. Right?

I would check that. Some clear coats can interact differently with paints and PD. It would be unfortunate to do all the work and then expect to pull off the PD cleanly and have it stick or do damage to the body paint.

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

I am still planning on a PD Job on my stock Rims (Man I had to phrase that right). I love how it looks, and it's cheaper than buying black rims right now.

ow I just need the time.

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

With my rims on and cleaned it took me roughly two ours of prep and paint and was way easier than it looks

I am still planning on a PD Job on my stock Rims (Man I had to phrase that right). I love how it looks, and it's cheaper than buying black rims right now.

ow I just need the time.

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

I would check that. Some clear coats can interact differently with paints and PD. It would be unfortunate to do all the work and then expect to pull off the PD cleanly and have it stick or do damage to the body paint.

I have a couple cans of black PD left and a can of clear. I'll do some test tries on things I don't need to see what the reaction is. Thanks for the info Bert.

Let me know when your doing your air splitter, I'd like to have mine done within the week or two.. and It would be great to get a general idea of how it' works.. I'm sure the clips are placed differently, but I can't imagine it be that hard.. A few of the Folks at NAM have already done it. Splitters look sweet~!!!

Will soon be DECHROMED..

2013 Mini Countryman All 4 S (Gassy)

Absolute Black

[sIGPIC]

Did you already buy a air splitter or are you replacing the oem lower front bumper plastic?

edit: I'm still waiting on the APR support rods to come in.

Edited by 68wmcs

I ordered MoS Front Splitter (Lower front bumper). I'm going to remove original front bumper plastic, keep the clips, and install the new ones. But I also ordered 4 rivots (i guess i need them). So I have a few questions..

Will soon be DECHROMED..

2013 Mini Countryman All 4 S (Gassy)

Absolute Black

[sIGPIC]

I would test that on something you don't care about first, just to be safe

I really want to try the PD Smoke

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Thought I would share my first PD adventure. Thanks for turning me on to this stuff Craig. Really happy with the results. Finishing up the bumper cover tomorrow. Would have been 250 bucks to replace the trim, I would call a 6 dollar can a better deal.

3.thumb.jpg.3b240b4eebf17f1c32f44c66cde05847.jpg

2.jpg.23e39d23b2284f15a41ece1731d895ff.jpg

1.jpg.c535e31b96a2f58eb9af5ba48fe3e8f0.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.3b240b4eebf17f1c32f44c66cde05847.jpg

2.jpg.23e39d23b2284f15a41ece1731d895ff.jpg

1.jpg.c535e31b96a2f58eb9af5ba48fe3e8f0.jpg

http://www.dcmetrominis.org/forums/image.php?u=1132&type=sigpic&dateline=1367319111

Great job Brandy, then the process starts. You starting finding stuff to PD and that's how you know it's taken over.