minime331

Finally got my lights

so i have finally got the 4 lights that i wanted.:biggrin::biggrin: i got 2 hella 500ff driving and 2 fog. now just waiting on the VIP quad light bar to show up so i can put the lights on. these think are pretty big (like 6.5 diameter) i think that they are going to look fine on the car. i am debating on having some one put them on or do it my self. from looking at the directions and other forms (NAM) it doesn't look that hard to do. so has anyone else had any trouble putting them on?

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Let me know if you want some help with it :top:

yea ill let you know thanks im thinking of putting them on next Monday or Tuesday

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

so my light bar came from vip and o my gosh the craftsmanship of the bar is amazing really good quality so happy with what i got

Edited by minime331

I'm glad to hear you like the light brackets! I had their exhaust and the quality of work was awesome. I actually ordered the quad bracket last week and it should be arriving any day now. I swapped a couple of emails with Van to see if they are going to do an exhaust for the R55 and he said he was thinking about it.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I swapped a couple of emails with Van to see if they are going to do an exhaust for the R55 and he said he was thinking about it.

that would be very cool

Chris - are you looking for a 12v source just to flip the relay or a 12v source with enough "juice" to power the lights?

For the relay, you could go with any switched fuse in the fuse panel (windows, radio, seat heaters, etc., etc.) I wouldn't take power from anything that could be detrimental to driving if you blow the fuse so no lights or wipers or anything like that.

For a 12v source providing power to the lights, I would go directly to the battery. Also, I learned this lesson the hard way. You are best served by running your relay ground (or any others if you can) right to the battery. There are places in the engine compartment that look like great choices but your good old fashioned multi-meter will surprise you by showing that they don't actually provide any ground.

Here's the link to VIP. I should be able to post photo's later today as I expect to see a package at the house with the brackets that I ordered last week.

http://vipcustomparts.com/

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Chris: Please don't take offense, but it sounds to me as if you would benefit greatly from an experienced installer for the electrical portion of your lights. Messing with the electrical system on a MINI can be a costly undertaking if you don't know exactly what you're doing. If you are determined to do this by yourself, there are a number of DIY sites on NAM and elsewhere that can walk you through the process. The search feature is your best friend.

JAB 67

Fairfax, VA

2004 MCS, PW/B

so its been a couple of days of having the lights on my car and they are GREAT!!! i installed the lights on Monday and Tuesday. i used the VIP quad mount and the quality is really good the lights are also good quality. now when i got my light bar i notice that i needed to drill a hole into the back of bumper carrier and this meant that i would have needed to take the bumper off and the carrier off. for me i was a little hesitant to do that so i stop by the collision center right next door to where i work and asked if they could do it and they did it for me for FREE which i wants expecting. so then i went home and i began the pre-map out how to run the wires and on the MINI'S theres really no place that i can put the harness so it wouldn't get wet. bc of that i made a little box to put the harness and the battery fuse in to keep them from getting wet(see pics). then ran the wires through the door well (see in the pictures). then connected up all the lights. anyways the install was really easy just took some time bc i took my time to make sure nothing was wrong and didn't want to screw up anything. so to wrap this all up i can say that i am very glad that i got the light&bar it makes the car look nice :biggrin::biggrin: but also works really good. the only problem with the lights is that ONE hole you need to drill but other then that i cant say anything bad about them

that is a few more that I would like, but it looks great!

I am always so sketched with electrical work.:frown: I have done LOADS of car audio, but lighting always seems to throw a stick in the works.

I want to do 2 lights, but in the loser cowl/vent, just under the bumper and leave the recessed.

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

that is a few more that I would like, but it looks great!

I am always so sketched with electrical work.:frown: I have done LOADS of car audio, but lighting always seems to throw a stick in the works.

I want to do 2 lights, but in the loser cowl/vent, just under the bumper and leave the recessed.

doing the lights were pretty easy it was just lay the wires down and connect.

i wanted to do the lights in between the lower and upper grill but there aren't really any mounts that are easy to put on that you can do that besides the outmotoring ones which are to much $$$

Looks good!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com