minime331

Finally got my lights

So, I really really really want to put on/wire a set of hella 500's on my new baby before MOTD. I haven't ordered everyone yet though because I'm kind of intimidated at doing the mod myself. Would you guys, anyone, who has mounted 4 hellas to a VIP mount be willing to come out and help?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

its really easy not hard at all it was my first mod i did i also just re did them. i can help out if you need help

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

its really easy not hard at all it was my first mod i did i also just re did them. i can help out if you need help

Thanks a bunch. I'm not so worried about the mounting, I'm just super freaked out about the wiring and wiring options. What kind of switch/toggle do you have on the interior?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

they come with the harness. the ones that come with the lights SUCK get the heavy duty harness much better fuse and better put together. Also get the 500ff's there a better design as far as throwing the light beam. ill take some pictures of how i ran my wires so you can see how easy it is.

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

here is a link to some pictures of how i ran my wires the way i did it made it blend in much better then how i did it the first time

https://plus.google.com/photos/112229828521943658675/albums/5862774504442773105?authkey=CPKX6_Own4uzxgE

So after 6 hours, mess ups, dumb mistakes, having no clue what I was doing at times. I finally have them mounted at last. Wiring to come.

Don't laugh, my first "on my own mod in 10 years since buying my first MINI. Props to mechanics people, my hands and back are killing me.

image.jpg.ed6ffa8ae3945f67275160cde0d7f09b.jpg

image.jpg.ed6ffa8ae3945f67275160cde0d7f09b.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So after 6 hours, mess ups, dumb mistakes, having no clue what I was doing at times. I finally have them mounted at last. Wiring to come.

Don't laugh, my first "on my own mod in 10 years since buying my first MINI. Props to mechanics people, my hands and back are killing me.

awesome looks really nice. did you get the heavy duty wiring harness?

awesome looks really nice. did you get the heavy duty wiring harness?

Not yet. That's part of why I'm holding off on the wiring till it comes. That and I think my brain is fried for a few. This shouldn't have been difficult, but let me tell you, I was cursing like I was still deployed. The kids parents in the park next door probably need a break for awhile.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- I was cursing like I was still deployed. The kids parents in the park next door probably need a break for awhile.

HAHA :rofl::rofl:

If you need help with the wiring install let me know and i might be able to help out (depending on work )

Thanks a bunch. I'm not so worried about the mounting, I'm just super freaked out about the wiring and wiring options. What kind of switch/toggle do you have on the interior?

Aren't I eating crow right now. It doesn't taste yummy at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you responsible, Tyler, you trouble maker?

No. Mr Wash is responsible. I was getting her cleaned up before the Dragon and Mr Wash ripped my plate right off the front. Didn't realize it till I got all the way home, had to go back (after already making them vac'ing her twice bc they did a shite job, they weren't happy). Then proceeded to walk though the wash to pull the plate out after it had been mutilated. Ugh. Never again Mr Wash, never again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No. Mr Wash is responsible. I was getting her cleaned up before the Dragon and Mr Wash ripped my plate right off the front. Didn't realize it till I got all the way home, had to go back (after already making them vac'ing her twice bc they did a shite job, they weren't happy). Then proceeded to walk though the wash to pull the plate out after it had been mutilated. Ugh. Never again Mr Wash, never again.

EFF you, Mr. Wash. You put a nasty gouge on Minnie, and I'll never forgive you. :security:

image.php?u=1181&type=sigpic&dateline=13

The only machine car wash I will use are the touchless car washes, for the very reasons that folks have described above. The touchless ones don't do as good of a job, but they are OK in a pinch, especially if you don't have time to do it yourself.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

No. Mr Wash is responsible.
EFF you, Mr. Wash. You put a nasty gouge on Minnie, and I'll never forgive you. :security:

OUCH OUCH OUCH ... Naughty Mr. Wash!! :banghead: ... My best friend, Katelyn got both of her side mirrors ripped off from a car wash recently :(

they come with the harness. the ones that come with the lights SUCK get the heavy duty harness much better fuse and better put together. Also get the 500ff's there a better design as far as throwing the light beam. ill take some pictures of how i ran my wires so you can see how easy it is.

What made you decide to change out the VIP mounting bar for the 4 brackets from Outmotoring? Was it just that they set the lights across the bumper?

And which heavy duty harness did you use and where did you get it?

BTW your set up looks very nice! :congrats: :top: