cmcveay

BMWNCC Auto Cross School - MINIs/Minis ONLY!

For those participating in the autocross school, I'll offer up a couple of things that will be worth taking and a few things to do before the day starts.

Have a full tank of gas (or at least fill up before heading over there).

Check your oil and ensure you are at the right level.

Empty as much "stuff" as you can before heading over there. It makes it easier/faster to get your car ready.

I'll bring a larger cooler if anyone doesn't have one.

I'll also be bringing a compressor, a good tire pressure gauge and lots of camera gear. I will have my GoPro charged up and ready to go and we can move it around to different cars so we have video of everyone.

Sunscreen, a hat and other "protective" clothing along with comfortable shoes are an absolute must have.

I'm looking forward to helping out with the event and I hope everyone has fun!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I'll bring my crappy little compressor too, and I have a really good tire pressure gauge.

Don't forget chairs!

Last time I didn't empty my car out and I was sorry that I didn't. However you may want some sort of container to place the stuff you do bring, as out will likely be laying in an empty parking spot for a while.

I want to also bring a clip board and will try to bring extras.

Edited by cmcveay
I couldn't help myself, there were just too many typos.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'm bringing the EVOO cause I'm about to SHAKE N BAKE!:rock:

:motor: Ricky Bobby! :motor:

:party:

:marshmellow::congrats::star::aetsch:

:adore:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Did anyone decide on a caravan? It's about 50 miles from here but that early on a Saturday morning, traffic shouldn't be much of an obstacle. Anyone up for meeting at the same Panera Bread that we met at for Autocross last October?

Did anyone decide on a caravan? It's about 50 miles from here but that early on a Saturday morning, traffic shouldn't be much of an obstacle. Anyone up for meeting at the same Panera Bread that we met at for Autocross last October?

What time would we have to meet up? I'm worried I'll be running out the door at the last minute. But that location is really near my house.

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'm still at work but I'm headed home shortly to prep. The only thing I'm not sure of is what I'm going to do for lunch. Maybe I'll just pick up some crappy pre-made sandwiches at the supermarket or 7-11. :embarassed:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Mark just made a good point for those of us driving in tomorrow. If you were planning to drive through DC there is a half / full Marathon in DC tomorrow morning. Mark is running the half marathon. He said the full one goes down through Annacostia, so there's a chance that with road closures driving straight through DC on the 395 to 295 to 50 might not be a good idea.

I'm going to go around the beltway and across the Wilson Bridge to be safe

Tggrrr010.jpg

In case anyone was wondering (I was!), Bowie Baysox Stadium is also known as Prince George's Stadium. The full address is:

4101 Crain Hwy

Bowie, MD 20716

...according to Google Maps. See you all there at 9!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

In case anyone was wondering (I was!), Bowie Baysox Stadium is also known as Prince George's Stadium. The full address is:

4101 Crain Hwy

Bowie, MD 20716

...according to Google Maps. See you all there at 9!

Thanks Haemish

I have it in my stupid phone so I don't lose the address, but will let the Squirrel guide the route.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Mark just made a good point for those of us driving in tomorrow. If you were planning to drive through DC there is a half / full Marathon in DC tomorrow morning. Mark is running the half marathon. He said the full one goes down through Annacostia, so there's a chance that with road closures driving straight through DC on the 395 to 295 to 50 might not be a good idea.

I'm going to go around the beltway and across the Wilson Bridge to be safe

Funny, that's not a route that I would have ever taken anyway. Through D.C. (SE D.C. at that), crappy roads and a million stoplights. The Beltway to 50 is the only way to go.

That was indeed a blast! I can't wait for the season! Remember though, the actual event days won't be anywhere near as exhausting, since we'll be there for less than half the time (and less than half as many cones to pick up!).

A huge congrats to Sherm for the FTD... VERY impressive, especially for a stock MINI! :congrats:

If anyone has any questions you can also reach me at phil@nccautocross.com.

that was a lot of fun ya'll. I had a blast slingin' the countryman around the course and experience its limitation. I was impressed of how it handle despite its size.

Phil, if I could comment something. I wish we had a chance to do a walk-tru of the course. It would've made a difference, I think.

At any rate, it was a blast....

Although, I believe it may have impacted my driving the rest of the day yesterday. I was driving out on the streets as if I was auto xing...

:motor:

cp