cmcveay

BMWNCC Auto Cross School - MINIs/Minis ONLY!

Was it the guy from the spring fling, he needs driving school.

Someone else remembers that guy... We were just a car or two behind him and it was a spectacle to watch! I thought Jeremy Clarkson was driving it - seems like he wanted to practice drifting through every turn... Including into/out of the parking lots.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Hey Phil, how many more slots left?

:motor:

cp

8 spots left. MINI owners get first pick until next Saturday then we will open it up to everyone. Word must have gotten out though since there are now 2 BMW's registered.

So if there are any MINI drivers who want in sign up soon!!:rock:

How long does it take to get a BMWCCA member number? I have to join BMWCCA first.

SbNimble,

...quick question, based on your experience, is it possible to join the BMWNCC club then sign up for the auto cross right after?

It seem as though, you had to wait a membership number or so before you can proceed to sign up for the auto cross...

cp

SbNimble,

...quick question, based on your experience, is it possible to join the BMWNCC club then sign up for the auto cross right after?

It seem as though, you had to wait a membership number or so before you can proceed to sign up for the auto cross...

cp

You should be able to get your number instantly via email. If you have any issues feel free to reach out to me at phil@nccautocross.com.

Phil

The school is sold out! Thanks to all who registered. Looks like it's 7 MINI's and 9 BMW's. At least it's all in the family!

Our next school is on May 5th at Regency Furniture Stadium in Waldorf, MD. If you couldn't make it to this one hopefully we will see you then!!

If you regularly autocross and would like to come out and lend a hand to support the MINI community just drop me a line at phil@nccautocross.com.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you all soon!:top:

Phil

Just got this from the BMW club and wanted to share it with everyone. We have a new MINI shop in the region and they are already stepping up to the plate.

NCC Autocross School Sponsor

Our March 17th autocross school will be sponsored by OxSpeed in Pasadena, MD. OXSpeed is a team of MINI Cooper enthusiasts that provide a unique experience not yet found in the world of MINI. They love making MINI's feel the way their owners want them to.

For the seasoned vets and club racers, they understand what your looking for. If it's a spec class car you are interested in or simply a basic prep for the track please they can get it done. OxSpeed can to make sure all you have to worry about is going fast and hitting your apex.

For our amateurs more interested in prices and quality of work, they provide a no non-sense solution to get you to where you want to go.

Regardless of your skill level, They provide something more than "a place to buy parts". OxSpeed gets involved with you and your MINI. Through events, modification days, classes, meet and greets and track days alike, OxSpeed is a part of a community that strives to take the drive further. So stop by their shop in Pasadena, MD!

OxSpeed

4110 Mountain Road

Pasadena, MD 21122

443-3SPEED2 (443-377-3332)

www.oxspeed.com

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

If you weren't able to sign up for the autocross school (or want to practive more after the school), you can still get in at the CDC autocross at Harry Grove Stadium in Frederick, MD on Saturday March 17th and a Test N Tune on Sunday March 18th. You can make a reservation at www.capitaldrivingclub.com under the "Schedule" tab. The cost for Saturday is only $40 for non-members ($30 for CDC members) and $45 for Sunday ($35 for CDC members). Each participant should get at least 6 runs on Saturday and at least 10 runs on Sunday.

Edited by echan

I got the email with all the notes for next Saturday. I was thinking we should all bring lunch and some drinks along so that we can chat about what we're learning at lunch. I don't know if there are places nearby to go get food and get back in time.

I'm going to bring snacks, lunch and drinks. I'm also going to bring along a folding chair.

I have a good tire pressure gauge and a crappy compressor that I'm bringing. For the most part the car will be empty when I get there except for the stuff I need for autocross.

My helmet is coming in the mail on Tues. I'm ready!!!!

I'm so excited about it!!!

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I was planning on bringing a small cooler with lunch and some water. I don't think there is much close by that would be quick. Traffic can get pretty bad in that area.

Are we going to caravan over?

We have to meet up pretty early to caravan. Right now I haven't even looked at the map to know the general route. I want to get there early do was going to leave pretty early.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

We have to meet up pretty early to caravan. Right now I haven't even looked at the map to know the general route. I want to get there early do was going to leave pretty early.

Yep!!

It's pretty easy to get to - it's just off of Rt 50. That early in the morning, it should probably take less than 40 minutes.

If anyone would like stickers for their helmets, please let me know. I'm going to be making one with my name on it for mine.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186