cmcveay

BMWNCC Auto Cross School - MINIs/Minis ONLY!

Hey, that's actually a great point that you bring up - After the Event driving. There have been several times when I've seen law enforcement "staked out" on the roads leaving the event venue. They know what's going on, they know it's legal and they KNOW that folks might tend to be a little heavy footed. I thought folks would like to know about that just so they can save their "mod money" for themselves and not the local county/state government.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Darn it, I had too much fun. Got home last night and started sneezing. Have a full blown cold. I do this all the time. I had to call in sick after my first run with the club. All that adrenaline just kills my immune system and I come down with something every single time!

However, I will do it again and again and I hope I can become half decent at it. When I go, I want to do both sessions to get the most possible seat time.

I don't get sick after club runs anymore, so I'm sure I'll adjust to autocross too.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Phil, if I could comment something. I wish we had a chance to do a walk-tru of the course. It would've made a difference, I think.

cp

Did you miss the second half of the day? They set up a full course during lunch and before running it, we did a walk-thru with the instructors and they explain what we should be looking for.

What a blast it was :rock:

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Did you miss the second half of the day? They set up a full course during lunch and before running it, we did a walk-thru with the instructors and they explain what we should be looking for.

What a blast it was :rock:

Yes I did. It's good that they did. I tell, at the bottom of the parking lot where I started, I was not sure where to go after the slalom. I was guessing after that and needless to say did not do well there. When I transition at the top, I was ok and I did a lot better.

:motor:

cp

Nice pics. We took some too but somehow someway the pics have blueish tint on 'em. Not worth sharing...

cp

Sounds like your white balance was off. You can fix that with most any photo editing software. Even the free Picassa should work

Tggrrr010.jpg

Sounds like your white balance was off. You can fix that with most any photo editing software. Even the free Picassa should work

You nailed it TGGRRR. I was playing with the camera today and discovered that the WB was whacked after several trial & error process. Still trying to learn the Manual Mode and it's a lot to remember...

The next AutoX event for points is at Waldorf, MD... so who's ready to rack up some points?

cp

I kept hearing the instructors say "If you aren't hitting cones, you aren't getting close enough or you aren't trying hard enough". School cones are free but the rest of the time - not so much...

As a bystander, I can say that it was fun to watch everyone as their confidence level with the upper and lower courses built and they drove faster and harder each time they went around the course.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Phil,

Once the times are posted for the afternoon session, can you post the link here so we can find them?

Thanks Brian

Just got em done. Here's the link! http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=83&act=down

Glad everyone had fun on Saturday. I was down for the count yesterday so I didn't get a chance to read the forums. I hope to see most of you this weekend in Waldorf!!:motor:

Yes I did. It's good that they did. I tell, at the bottom of the parking lot where I started, I was not sure where to go after the slalom. I was guessing after that and needless to say did not do well there. When I transition at the top, I was ok and I did a lot better.

cp

I'm sorry you missed the second half! I was so busy I missed you leaving. I hope we get to see you again soon!!

Before the "wow, you're really fast" and "congratulations on the great time" start, my best time, the 51.something, was my instructor, not me. :embarassed:

Well you still did great and the instructor showed you what Cricket can do. That's always good to know

:top:

Tggrrr010.jpg