cmcveay

BMWNCC Auto Cross School - MINIs/Minis ONLY!

Well you still did great and the instructor showed you what Cricket can do. That's always good to know

:top:

Yeah, I know I can push her a lot harder than I do. I'm not sure what I'm afraid of.

I was pleased with my times :biggrin: considering this was the first time I every autocrossed :top:

Too bad I ate 1 cone on my best run :frown:

I was happy with mine, too. My goal is to improve. As long as I get better every time, I'll be happy with that. :top: Oh, and maybe beat Haemish. :tongue:

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

I was happy with mine, too. My goal is to improve. As long as I get better every time, I'll be happy with that. :top: Oh, and maybe beat Haemish. :tongue:
HAH! I knew it! :tongue:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

My goal is to improve too, and get more seat time.

I worked with four different instructors and learned something from each of them.

Jonathon was my first instructor, he pretty much got me to stop being such a girl and to come out of the gate with more confidence and speed. My first run with him was down right relaxing, he stopped that right away, cones were dying :biggrin:

Collin taught me to treat the course more as a cohesive pattern and not as individual pieces to navigate. He really concentrated on how I was hitting the lines and not putting it all together. He made that make sense.

When Adam was working with me he said "you're either accelerating, braking or turning" you have to be doing at least one of those things at all times. It seems I wasn't always taking advantage of when I could accelerate. I know I don't push Tigger to his limits, but as I build confidence, I will get there.

Marina made me conscious of looking ahead at all times. She would literally remind me to turn my head and look. "I want to see your head turn before you get to the turn, if you are looking in the turn it's too late". She also reminded me to accelerate I can still here her yelling "Go go go go!"

Such an awesome class!!!! :top:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'm sorry you missed the second half! I was so busy I missed you leaving. I hope we get to see you again soon!!

Definitely! we'll see each other around again. either on another autox school or at the meet watching the pro compete. Not sure yet, but I may stop by to watch at the event in waldorf...

:motor:

cp

Hey Phil

I don't know if this is possible, but is there a way to ask if they'll open up bathrooms when we're there? They did it last year at Waldorf, but it was rough this last Sat. I really didn't want to "go in the woods" like the guys were doing.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

That was an awesome video, and great song.

I want to ride with you sometime. I love riding with people that know how to handle the car.

Sure. Anytime!

Hey Phil

I don't know if this is possible, but is there a way to ask if they'll open up bathrooms when we're there? They did it last year at Waldorf, but it was rough this last Sat. I really didn't want to "go in the woods" like the guys were doing.

The bathrooms are supposed to be open at Regency this weekend. They were supposed to be open in Bowie but that didn't happen for some reason. I think I'm going to have to go for the Porta-Potty option next time!!

Everyone did great at the school and I'm really proud that we are starting to get more of the MINI community at our events. That has been a goal of mine even before I was a MINI owner. It's amazing what these little cars can do and it's good to see people getting the most out of them!! If you really want to see what you can get out of a MINI take a ride with Carl, Craig, or Marina next time you see them at an event!!

Phil