Scavenger

MINI Winterization

I just thought it would be fun to start a thread about getting our MINI's ready for Winter. The change in the weather today - quite a bit cooler - gave me the idea. Some of the topics that generally arise are:

winter tires/wheel sets

battery checks

fluid checks

wiper changes

Maybe there are some other things that should be done to prepare your MINI for the Winter, such as....:questionmark:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

A good coat of wax/synthetic sealant.

I'll bring BLUR over for that coat of wax and sealant. Good looking out! ;)

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Add Rain-X to that. Makes rain, snw and ice just slide off. I do all my windows and mirrors so I can see where I'm going and where the idi... threats are. I also use Rain-X anti-freeze wiper fluid.

Disclaimer: I have no connection w/Rain-X other than as a happy customer

Add Rain-X to that. Makes rain, snw and ice just slide off. I do all my windows and mirrors so I can see where I'm going and where the idi... threats are. I also use Rain-X anti-freeze wiper fluid.

Disclaimer: I have no connection w/Rain-X other than as a happy customer

I like the Rain-X wipers too :top:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Because the Weathertech mats won't fit right. Even with the stock mats, it raises the Tech mats up and they will catch the pedals. So all mats have got to go...

I don't have weather techmatts. So I guess the cocomats can stay. Sometimes in the summer the cocomats have caught on my flip flop when I shift. It's kind of annoying, forced me to buy shorter driving flip flops, oh the horrors of going shoe shopping :biggrin:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

What exhaust are you thinking of getting?

You don't even know the can of worms you've opened up with that question man! It's like asking Haemish if runflats or non-runflats are better.... :)

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Those Weathertech mats are nice!!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com