Edge

Spring Fling 2011: Drive & Lunch in VA wine country

Wasn't it raining? So, was it really a dry run? :biggrin:

Dry run today! :motor:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

It went very well! We had a fun day! Yes, it rained for part of it. We also saw snow on the ground (up on Mt. Weather), came across 8 (slow-moving) Priuses (Pri-i?) on the actual run route, and one hearse!

In any case, no major drama - the route is the same, minus one very small adjustment that only chops off 0.3 miles.

Looking forward to next Saturday! :motor:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Thanks for all the planning & time.:congrats:

Edited by Kokopellie

http://www.flickr.com/photos/myipictures/

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"

This is my Anniversary Run! Wouldn't miss it for the world.:rock:

Happy Anniversary:top:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/myipictures/

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"

if anyone is interested/:cuckoo: enough, im gonna be heading to C3M's ice cream birthday party :birthday:right after lunch, its out in the bel air, md area at brooms bloom's dairy, they have AMAZING ice cream, :lollypop: ice cream is gonna be followed by a short drive!! :burnout: So if anyone is :stupid: enough to do the spring fling, then drive up to do an ice cream birthday party :party: you more then welcome to come with me!! :sheep: :marshmellow:

Last year we motored to the tavern, had a nice lunch and motored back to the start location. I think the way back was a different route then the way there.

I'm sure Haemish will pipe in soon, esp if I skimmed something and got a detail wrong :embarassed:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I remember it well because it was Mark's first run and we were switching off driving. I remember it being different routes because we had different stops on the way there and back. Like on the way there we stopped at a grocery store, and on the way home we stopped at a Fire Station with General store.

Does that help?

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Ali is correct (nice job - you didn't skim! :tongue:).

We aren't visiting a winery this year (again). I have been too busy this year, and just didn't have sufficient time to plan and roll in a winery stop. Next year I should have more time and I hope to make it part of the journey!

Approximate times for Saturday:

Depart Wegmans: 10:00am

Arrive Griffin Tavern: 12:30pm

Depart Griffin Tavern: 2:00pm

Arrive Wegmans: 4:30pm

Celia - if you have to bail early, you don't have to leave directly from lunch. Along the afternoon route, there are 3 "easy exits", to make it easy to bail from the run and head back. Here they are, and their distance along the run, from Griffin Tavern:

Route 66 - 17.6 miles

Route 50 - 25.9 miles

Route 7 - 38.2 miles

The complete afternoon run is 69.1 miles, bringing us back to Wegmans. The complete morning run is 67.9 miles. A grand total of 137 miles, if you do the entire thing.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

Ok thanks I think it'll all just depend on how the timing works out but hopefully ill be able to stick it out:biggrin:

I'm ok with skipping the vineyard again this year, I'm still under age!!:banghead:

But I wont be next year!!!!!!! :cheers: :party:

Edited by IndiCooper

Celia - I'll probably bail either after the fire station stop - if we have it - or somewhere in that vicinity. I live in that area, and could lead you along a few other twisties to get you to 287 - which turns into MD 17. From there you take 350 to 70 :biggrin:

I'll be bringing a few extras, and many other people usually have an extra or two with them as well. We'll get you sorted out. :top: