TGGRRR (Ali)

Greater Manassas Christmas Day Parade

Are we going to be able to get to the staging area from P tuning?

I just looked at where P-Tuning is on the map, and they are past the end of the parade route, which means for us to get to the staging area we need to drive up the parade route.

Do we know what time they are closing the roads?

Corey has a map and we are so early that we'll be able to get there. That's why we're heading over so early

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

That was a blast. Corey organized us perfectly and the crowd loved the MINIs. I think I'll be shouting

"What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire" in my head for a while.

That and

Hornaments!!!!

The walkers were fun, the crowd was fun, the MINIs were awesome.

Thanks to everyone that helped out!!!

Tggrrr010.jpg

Thank you all for all your efforts in decorating your MINIs, and braving the impending weather. The rain held off just long enough, and it was overall a great success.

Here is a link to a slideshow of all the photos:

http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/buckshot2191/slideshow/manassas%20Xmas%20parade

And here is a quick video:

th_EBF9B62A-5147-4362-AC44-863BBEF9BF69_zpslg9xtnbd.mp4

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Words cannot express how much fun I had! Thanks Corey for all your hard work and for coming up with such a fantastic theme. And also for letting some of your girls ride around with me! I learned a lot about boy bands and had a great time.

Thanks for letting them ride. You can pull a girl to your car on any run. You and Caylee ( the middle one) will hit it off. Make sure you keep up on your boy band knowledge, if they a cool today. They are likely gross tomorrow.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Thanks for letting them ride. You can pull a girl to your car on any run. You and Caylee ( the middle one) will hit it off. Make sure you keep up on your boy band knowledge, if they a cool today. They are likely gross tomorrow.

We had fun with Hannah, she was such a free spirit!

Tggrrr010.jpg

That was indeed a blast, in spite of the very early start to the day. Thankfully I was able to recover this morning. :)

I think we were very well received by all - I only wish I had printed twice as many jokes as I did... and I accidentally left one bag of jokes unused in the car!

I will admit I am relieved I didn't have to listen to boy bands (or boy band knowledge) along the parade route. :tongue:

Thanks again to Corey for the idea & planning and to everyone for the great job on the decorations - especially to Ali for covering for me when I couldn't make the planning party last weekend. :embarassed:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129