TGGRRR (Ali)

Club Dinner

This is a different kind of restaurant but it's swanky, fun and a good style for groups.

http://www.eatdrinkhotspot.com/

It is a one price kind of place - Adults: $22.99. Kids: $14.99. Kids 6 and under eat free!

Hot Spot is our mixture of Chinese hot pot and Japanese Shabu-Shabu with a Korean Flair. We can unofficially refer to it as “Asian-style fondue.”

3232 OLD PICKETT RD, FAIRFAX, VA 22031

Since we're usually a large group we'll meet at 5:00 to beat the crowds. They have one big table in the middle that will seat about 20, if we exceed that we'll wind up at other tables.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Would love to make it, but I will have to see where I am at, recovery wise.

This spot it awesome though, especially with its proximity to Bon Chon. In addition to the shabu-shabu, they offer a great sauce bar to build your own custom mixes. Also, they start you off with 2 broths of your choice which is great if you really want to get adventurous, but not dedicate to a whole pot of a set flavor. It's a tremendous value, an awesome eating experience, and AWESOME for both adventurous foodies and non foodie types. Also, as a unusual side note, one of the only places I have seen in NOVA that offers Butter Beer. Sounds gross, but it's really quite good!

You can read more, and see pics HERE

Edited by TATTRAT

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

Would love to make it, but I will have to see where I am at, recovery wise.

This spot it awesome though, especially with its proximity to Bon Chon. In addition to the shabu-shabu, they offer a great sauce bar to build your own custom mixes. Also, they start you off with 2 broths of your choice which is great if you really want to get adventurous, but not dedicate to a whole pot of a set flavor. It's a tremendous value, an awesome eating experience, and AWESOME for both adventurous foodies and non foodie types. Also, as a unusual side note, one of the only places I have seen in NOVA that offers Butter Beer. Sounds gross, but it's really quite good!

You can read more, and see pics HERE

You had them at butter beer :biggrin:

I really hope you can make it

Tggrrr010.jpg

Just over a week till the club dinner. If the maybes have an idea of if they can come, please update your RSVP

I leave for a trip to Brussels on the 7th :frown: Was looking forward to this, these places are so much fun!

2011 Clubman S - LzB/Black "Clubby"

Go Wahoos!

Saving Second Base, One Mile at a Time! (Round #3, May 2014) http://info.avonfoundation.org/goto/MShoe

I'm hoping to bring the fams out!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

It was great seeing everyone tonight, I hope you all enjoyed the food.
I had a great time - thanks for organizing it, Ali! I have a feeling that most folks will be enjoying a sleepy food coma tonight after all that food! :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

After Lil C, egged me on down Fairfax Blvd, I got home and went straight to bed. 8:45pm?!?!? Geez! That was some good eats and great conversation!

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Thanks Ali! After, Sara and I bought some redbulls and tried to stay awake for the Madmen premier. We managed to watch the previous nights SNL and then passed out.

Thanks for planning this Ali! It was fun :)

:top: I'm glad we had such a good turnout

Tggrrr010.jpg