GreenCactus

Who's Going?

It's so much fun we take two MINIs and pay the gas for both. Totally with it!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I hate my stupid phone
I don't even think I (or Craig) need to say anything to that one. :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

iPhone! iPhone! iPhone! iPhone! iPhone! iPhone! iPhone! iPhone! iPhone! iPhone!

Signature.JPG

I hearya, Haemish. I haven't cancelled yet, so it's still on. I think it'd be 2 late 2 add anymore days, tho ... maybe if things look a bit better by mid-April, I'll add 2 more and get there on Wed. We'll see how jiggy I can get w/it ... :tongue:

Audrey, let me put it to you this way... if you had ever been to MOTD before, this wouldn't even be a question for you. There's no MINI event like MOTD. None. It is that good. The awesome people and the gorgeous location combine into a slice of MINI utopia.

I remember having doubts, concerns and nervousness the first time I went, back in 2005. My fears were completely gone on the first day, and now it holds an automatic and permanent place on my annual calendar - this will be my 8th one in a row. My work already knows and expects that I am taking that week off, every year. Yep, I take the entire week off, just for MOTD.

Do whatever you have to do to make it... you won't regret it! And try your darnedest to take off an extra workday or two if you can, so you can come for even longer - again, you'll be glad you did. Every day spent there is a blessing! :biggrin:

Same goes for anyone else "on the fence". Nothing else truly compares - no, not even MTTS, IMO. :smile:

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

I hearya, Haemish. I haven't cancelled yet, so it's still on. I think it'd be 2 late 2 add anymore days, tho ... maybe if things look a bit better by mid-April, I'll add 2 more and get there on Wed. We'll see how jiggy I can get w/it ... :tongue:

Don't cancel Audrey, Scoopie will have so much fun and so will you!!!

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Audrey!! You absolutely MUST come!!! Hell, I'll give you gas money if that's all that keeping you from attending. Don't forget that MD taxes add like 25 cents to the cost of a gallon.

you simply can NOT miss this!!!!!!!!!

Audrey!! You absolutely MUST come!!! Hell, I'll give you gas money if that's all that keeping you from attending. Don't forget that MD taxes add like 25 cents to the cost of a gallon.

you simply can NOT miss this!!!!!!!!!

You do want to fill up before you get to the Dragon, it can get a little pricey at the pumps right by the resort, but still you're only like 20 miles from the more affordable gas.

Since you have a cabin, you can cook your own meals, so food is cheap. There's something amazing about being in this beautiful area, with all that amazing scenery and MINIs in every driveway. :love:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

You do want to fill up before you get to the Dragon, it can get a little pricey at the pumps right by the resort, but still you're only like 20 miles from the more affordable gas.

Since you have a cabin, you can cook your own meals, so food is cheap. There's something amazing about being in this beautiful area, with all that amazing scenery and MINIs in every driveway. :love:

I call it "MINIs Everywhere". :biggrin:

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

I tellya, u guys r the bestest in the worrllll!!! :love: I was basing the gas cost on what we encounter here, and that was what freaked me out a little. Thought about all the dining out, 2, but since u reminded me about cooking my own meals, that'll definitely help. I think I'll splurge on alcohol (bringing my own, as well) and ice cream; hope 2 get at least 1 trinket for Scoopie, as well! She deserves it! :biggrin:

I tellya, u guys r the bestest in the worrllll!!! :love: I was basing the gas cost on what we encounter here, and that was what freaked me out a little. Thought about all the dining out, 2, but since u reminded me about cooking my own meals, that'll definitely help. I think I'll splurge on alcohol (bringing my own, as well) and ice cream; hope 2 get at least 1 trinket for Scoopie, as well! She deserves it! :biggrin:

It's a dry county, so you can get a beer at Fontana (not sure if they serve anything else), but if you want the hard stuff, bring your own. :cheers::beer:

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Oh, beer is good; Guinness is betta! If they have that, we're golden; if not, I'll bring my own. :wink::biggrin:

It's a dry county, so you can get a beer at Fontana (not sure if they serve anything else), but if you want the hard stuff, bring your own. :cheers::beer:

I didn't sign up for any of the special runs ... mainly concentr8ed on getting there. I will bring my own, tho. :top:

You should bring you own to be safe. I think there's also a brewery run where you can get some.

definitely BYOB...they won't have Guinness, and the beer they sell at the general store will be pricey. Plus, I think it's crappy beer....I remember seeing Bud Light (shudder)....don't know what else they carry.

There is a super market (Ingles) in Robbinsville, so you can get food there. There isn't a liquor store in Graham County, and I think it's a haul to the closest one...like an hour away, I think.

I bring some food with me, aside from the vat of spaghetti sauce, but I stop at Ingles on my way to Fontana to get last minute stuff.

It helps to make lists..like what food/drink you're going to take and what food/drink you plan on buying there.

All the cabins have coffee makers, microwaves and toasters and their appliances are full sized. The kitchens have everything you'll need to cook...if you need an extra pot or pan, you can always borrow from our cabin.