TGGRRR (Ali)

Shooting our MINIs

Here is the link to my photo set.

I may be adding more as I tweak some of the other shots, but I wanted to get the portrait ones up quick.

Had an awesome time and hope to see everyone again soon!

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

Ali,

It's not considered a fisheye as much as a wide angle though there is some distortion on the corners. The post was done in a couple of places. Initial color and exposure correction was done in Aperture (I'm a Mac nut) then some color effects/filters were done in FX Photo Studio Pro.

Things I didn't use on these but really like and would recommend without hesitation:

Photoshop along with most Adobe products gives me hives (though I do use it from sometimes). If I want to work in layers, I go to Pixelmator.

Nik Color Efex, Silver Efex and Viveza (really love this one) are my go tos for really serious post.

Thanks for the complement. I have some non-MINI stuff on 500px if you are interested --including some HDR stuff and I use Photomatix Pro for that.

Mike,

Those are really cool. Does the gopro have a fish eye lens?

I love how you played with the colors. What are you using for post processing?

MiniMike and TAZ!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ali,

It's not considered a fisheye as much as a wide angle though there is some distortion on the corners. The post was done in a couple of places. Initial color and exposure correction was done in Aperture (I'm a Mac nut) then some color effects/filters were done in FX Photo Studio Pro.

Things I didn't use on these but really like and would recommend without hesitation:

Photoshop along with most Adobe products gives me hives (though I do use it from sometimes). If I want to work in layers, I go to Pixelmator.

Nik Color Efex, Silver Efex and Viveza (really love this one) are my go tos for really serious post.

Thanks for the complement. I have some non-MINI stuff on 500px if you are interested --including some HDR stuff and I use Photomatix Pro for that.

I love my Mac too. I've been using Lightroom and do love it. Photoshop has me confused amd I use OnOne Photo Studio. I really would like a good HDR tool.

I looked at your work, it's impressive! I really love a bold use of color

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

This video is for the folks who were interested in the Dashcommand in my car. The system is comprised of an iPad 2, PLX KIWI WIFI and the Dashcommand app.

Shot with my GoPro Hero 2 HD. The bonus coverage has the GoPro mounted to the tow hook.

:motor:

Edited by Edge
Converted YouTube link into embedded video

MiniMike and TAZ!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting video - there's a lot going on with that Dashcommand app! Thanks for sharing.

No criticism on Adele... she's an amazing talent. I took more issue with the Foster The People song (I HATE that song with a passion... makes me want to jab pencils in my ears... thank God for mute!). :smile:

Mike, could you please post the long link? Those short links never work on my computer. thanks!
Catalina - I've done one better... converted it into an embedded video. :top:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

That's funny!

Interesting video - there's a lot going on with that Dashcommand app! Thanks for sharing.

No criticism on Adele... she's an amazing talent. I took more issue with the Foster The People song (I HATE that song with a passion... makes me want to jab pencils in my ears... thank God for mute!). :smile:

Catalina - I've done one better... converted it into an embedded video. :top:

MiniMike and TAZ!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Green Cactus,

Here is the link to the mount. I really like it. I prototyped my own (non-suction cup based) mount but this thing is bullet proof!

"Mike - what mount do you have for your ipad? I've been looking for one of those."

Edited by MiniMike
quoted the wrong post

MiniMike and TAZ!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Damn, it's illegal to drive and not be hands free nowadays, let alone having what looks like a order window hanging in the left. . .I guess I am just missing what it does? If it is for photos and stuff, I guess I just don't see the advantage as the stuff above is really noisy, and over saturated, imo. :dontknow:

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr