TGGRRR (Ali)

Shooting our MINIs

I think you are confusing 2 different pieces of tech - the iPad and the GoPro. The iPad is wirelessly connected to another piece of tech called an OBD II scanner (not pictured - plugged into the OBD II port under the driver side dash near the bonnet release). It reads codes (e.g., torque, MAF, MAP, etc.) from your car. It can even check (and even cooler) reset fault codes. When the your MINI starts to complain or drive oddly just check what's wrong. If you ever take your MINI to the track or other motoring event it can be really useful. If you sync your video with your data log playback (yep, logs can be replayed) during a motoring event you can know what the heck your car was doing or as I like to say "see how Taz was feeling" when I took a turn at 65 mph.

As for the GoPro: True -- the photos GoPro are a bit noisy but the conditions (a covered garage) were pretty harsh. For a sub $300 camera that you can slap on the end of you car or your helmet whilst jumping out of an plane or skiing down a mountain, its a pretty cool device. If I want something pro, I use my Canon DSLR. I'd never strap my 60D to a car or my helmet.:wink:

Damn, it's illegal to drive and not be hands free nowadays, let alone having what looks like a order window hanging in the left. . .I guess I am just missing what it does? If it is for photos and stuff, I guess I just don't see the advantage as the stuff above is really noisy, and over saturated, imo. :dontknow:

MiniMike and TAZ!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They are coming to the 9:30 club this month.....wanna come? :tongue:
Hah! The thing is, it's just that one song (Pumped Up Kicks) I can't stand. I heard their other single on the radio the other day, and I didn't mind it.

That one song would keep me away from the concert anyway, unless I was being paid and got to bring earplugs. :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I like both songs that get airplay but I was put off by the subject matter of the Pumped Up Kicks song. Any song that's youthful oriented and talks about outrunning bullets and guns freaks me out. <-- parent coming out.

Hah! The thing is, it's just that one song (Pumped Up Kicks) I can't stand. I heard their other single on the radio the other day, and I didn't mind it.

That one song would keep me away from the concert anyway, unless I was being paid and got to bring earplugs. :smile:

MiniMike and TAZ!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]