GreenCactus

56 Days!

................:reddy::reddy:.......... :bootyshake: :bootyshake:..............

.............:reddy::reddy::reddy:..... :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: ...........

................:reddy::reddy:.......... :bootyshake: :bootyshake:..............

.....:aetsch:.....................................:aetsch:....

......:aetsch:.................................. :aetsch:......

........:aetsch:.............................. :aetsch:........

..............:aetsch::aetsch::aetsch::aetsch: :aetsch:............

.................:eviltongue:.......:eviltongue:............................

................:eviltongue:.......:eviltongue:..............................

...............:eviltongue:......:eviltongue:................................

..................:eviltongue::eviltongue:...................................

(Winking) :rofl:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

My wife and I have a two bedroom cabin and the other couple fell through. We are looking to switch to a one bedroom cabin. Anybody interested?

I'd keep that 2 BR cabin if I were you, and if you don't find anyone here to take the other bedroom, I can guarantee that bedroom will go in seconds if you post it on NAM or Motoring Alliance. Who knows? Maybe you'll make new friends.

I need to tell my boss what leave I want to take between now and June, which is fun since we're getting married end of July. I think we want to do MOTD, could someone give the idiot version of here's how much leave you should expect to take? Also I see people are already getting housing!?!

I need to tell my boss what leave I want to take between now and June, which is fun since we're getting married end of July. I think we want to do MOTD, could someone give the idiot version of here's how much leave you should expect to take? Also I see people are already getting housing!?!

Officially it starts on Wed and ends on Sunday, a lot of us go up earlier. Actually some of us take the whole week. It's about a 10 hour drive down there and then another 10 back, so I like to really stay once I'm there. Fontana is currently booked as many of us book before we leave, but you can usually get in as people find they need to cancel

There are alternate places to stay listed on the site. The first year we stayed at the Microtel, which is about a 20ish minute fun drive to get to things. It's not that far, but you do miss out on a lot of the evening fun.

If you haven't looked yet here's the site http://www.minisonthedragon.com/lodging.php

It is a really fun time. You can get to meet a ton of MINI people, get mods done on your MINI, have a blast driving and enjoy some beautiful scenery.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Don't worry too much about housing. As soon as registration opens in Jan., there will be a thread both on Motoring Alliance and NAM called "Have a Room, Need a Room". Folks will post their need/availability for a place to stay. Although folks have made reservations already for next year, life happens in that various circumstances occur that prevent them from attending the Dragon. If that happens, they are forced to give up their reservations, and Fontana will allow the transfer of reservations. BUT, be forewarned! Places to stay at Fontana go in the blink of an eye, so monitor those threads hourly if you can. I kid you not....places go withing minutes if not seconds. Be vigilant and you might get lucky to stay at Fontana. Otherwise, the Link that Ali (TGGRRR) posted is helpful as there are other places to stay. Good luck!

Don't worry too much about housing. As soon as registration opens in Jan., there will be a thread both on Motoring Alliance and NAM called "Have a Room, Need a Room". Folks will post their need/availability for a place to stay. Although folks have made reservations already for next year, life happens in that various circumstances occur that prevent them from attending the Dragon. If that happens, they are forced to give up their reservations, and Fontana will allow the transfer of reservations. BUT, be forewarned! Places to stay at Fontana go in the blink of an eye, so monitor those threads hourly if you can. I kid you not....places go withing minutes if not seconds. Be vigilant and you might get lucky to stay at Fontana. Otherwise, the Link that Ali (TGGRRR) posted is helpful as there are other places to stay. Good luck!
Katie is right, but let me go one step further. Look at the available options NOW, and book something. Even call Fontana, just in case (I think they have a waiting list). Booking something now gives you a fallback plan. THEN, keep monitoring for something closer to become available (i.e. Fontana), so you can jump on it and cancel your original reservation. BTW Tapoco Lodge is probably the next best choice - it's actually closer to the Dragon than Fontana, but all of the vendor activity and most of the other action is (or starts) at Fontana.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Just one quick comment to add to what Katie and Haemish said. As soon as the "need a place" and "have a place" threads open on NAM - subscribe to them and use and email address that you see OFTEN. If you do that, the threads will email you when there's something new.

If there's ever a year to make it for the Dragon, this will be it since it's the 10th anniversary!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Not sure if anyone has seen it or not but NAM does have the "MOTD Lodging" thread up and running. Take a look here:

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/10th-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-may-2-6-2012/218446-lodging-thread.html

1 MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! til registration opens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:party::party::motor::rock::motor::rock::congrats::marshmellow::congrats: :marshmellow: :congrats::sheep:

:vroom::vroom::vroom::slug:

:cheers::beer::cheers::beer::cheers::afraid::elephant::afraid::elephant::party::party:

Let's see who can :pcguru: first!

Knowing our group someone will develop a script that will register them without even having to log on. :withstupid:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

I was in the first 3-4 last year and I even waited until I got to work because it wasn't open before I left. This year, I may have to take 10th place or something.

REGISTRATION OPENS SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!

:party: :party:

Oh happy day!!!!

:rock::rock::rock::rock::marshmellow::marshmellow::marshmellow::marshmellow::love::love::love::trytofly::trytofly::trytofly::trytofly::willy::willy::willy::willy::star::star::star::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

Tggrrr010.jpg

What: C3M DCMM BBQ!!!! :eating:

When: Friday, May 4th

7ish (there will be plenty if you come after the Brewswap!)

Where: C3M Cabin! :rock:

Bring a side dish/drink!! :cheers:

if your not going to the brewswap we could use some help getting things set up :top:

What: C3M DCMM BBQ!!!! :eating:

When: Friday, May 4th

7ish (there will be plenty if you come after the Brewswap!)

Where: C3M Cabin! :rock:

Bring a side dish/drink!! :cheers:

if your not going to the brewswap we could use some help getting things set up :top:

I'll help you set up again

Tggrrr010.jpg

So having never been to a MOTD yet, is it just a bragging rights thing to be one of 1st to register or does it sell out and people end up on the waiting list? I don't even have lodging yet since I don't know if I'd go solo, let alone if I'd be coming up from FL or coming down from VA. All I know is I don't want to miss this. I have no problem with camping to keeping an eye out for lodging when someone can't go, but committing now to the trip financially is not a top priority.

Signature.JPG