cmcveay

Cooper Vineyard MINI Rally!

This was passed to us from Dale with HR MINI.

Hey MINIacs, join us for the Cooper Vineyard MINI Rally on August 27, 2011. Festivities start at 11 and run through 5PM. Tickets are $15 per person and includes a MINI themed glass for wine tasting (Both from Cooper and the guest wineries), one pass through the food buffet (new this year) and the enjoyment of a live band. Their new award winning, "green technology" tasting is also all new this year.

For more info click here: http://www.coopervineyards.com/store/page6.html

For more enjoyment, don't miss the annual drive hosted again this year by HR MINI leaving Bruster's Ice Cream, 9101 W. Staples Mill Road, Richmond, VA 23228. Drivers meeting 9 AM, Wheels up 9:30 sharp! The drive is about 50 miles and covers some nice twisties and great scenery. There is also a brief break about mid point. The drive should take around an hour and a half.

And last but not least, the folks from Animal Connections will be on hand with a few four legged friends looking for new homes with some great MINI family. As in years past, we've taken up a collection of food and supplies for them, So if you're heading down, grab a bag or three of food or litter or just bring anything the Animal Connections could use.

We hope to see a great showing from our DC Metro MINI friends!

*** DISCLAIMER ***

This event is hosted by another club, vendor or other non-affiliated individual, it is not organized by DCMM. It is posted here for informational purposes only and DCMM accepts no responsibility for the event planning nor what takes place during the event. Participants shall expect to be subject to the rules and guidelines set forth by the event organizer(s).

*** DISCLAIMER ***

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I was up to Cooper today checking the route for the "spirited" (but not really so much) drive to the vineyard and checked out the ALL NEW tasting room! It's amazing. If you remember the old house that they used to use, you'll be totally amazed at the new state of the art, all "green" technology tasting room they now have. It's truly, a work of art.

081.jpg

077.jpg

069.jpg

This year, there will be a buffet (single pass) that is included in your ticket price, which is the same price as LAST YEAR! Additional passes at a nominal charge. This year will have a bluegrass band for entertainment. AND, we'll be parking between the rows of the vineyard!

086.jpg

Edited by maacodale

The building looks promising. We have been considering not coming, due to the heat of the past 2 years. First year (2009) we went, it kicked Jennifer's butt. Last year, it kicked mine. We didn't stay, I couldn't keep cool or hydrated.

-Jim

The building looks promising. We have been considering not coming, due to the heat of the past 2 years. First year (2009) we went, it kicked Jennifer's butt. Last year, it kicked mine. We didn't stay, I couldn't keep cool or hydrated.

-Jim

Jim, Would you like some cheese with your w(h)ine :biggrin:.

I will admit it was pretty darn hot the last 2 years and not much shade or a breeze to cool off.

If the weather and temps look good I will probably go.

2012 Jeep Rubicon

That's one reason Jacque and I decided to move the event back to the 27th of August. I really wanted something in September, but apparently, September is a pretty busy month for4 the vineyard. We'll see how it goes this year. Of course, we do now have a nice air conditioned building with two nice covered decks and a decent amount of shade below the building. All in all, I think the addition of the tasting room will be more of an advantage than the later date.

OH!!! Don't forget donations of food and supplies for the Animal Connections animal rescue folks. Food, litter, newspapers, collars, leashes or even cash will all be helpful! Thanks.

Oooh animal rescue donations, how cool

:ridinghorse:

Like on our Fall Colors Run, last year we donated almost 300 pounds of supplies and over $300, to the Animal Connection folks at Cooper Vineyard. Two four legged friends went home in MINIs last year. Hopefully we can do better on both fronts this year!

Ken,

Last year, we did actually meet up near Passport and we headed out to caravan down I-95. Wow, was that awful..... As it is known to do, I-95 turned into a slow moving parking lot and when we diverted off onto US-1, it wasn't much better. I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from trying again and the fact that the event is later in the summer may help, just be prepared or see if there's an alternate route that will get you away from I-95.

Ah...yes. I remember that now. I clearly remember the traffic jam, and the detour. I just forgot that it was on the way to Cooper Vinyards.

I think I'll pass on trying to get to Richmond. "Washington Center, ... requesting clearance direct to Cooper Vinyards!"

Thanks for the reminder Craig!

Like on our Fall Colors Run, last year we donated almost 300 pounds of supplies and over $300, to the Animal Connection folks at Cooper Vineyard. Two four legged friends went home in MINIs last year. Hopefully we can do better on both fronts this year!

Can I trade a crazy cat for a semi-crazy dog?

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Can't one bypass I-95 and take US 301--it intersect I-95 at roughly where one might get off I-95 anyway for the vineyard? Or take US 29 out southwest to Culpeper then US 522?

Or do they just make too much sense? ;)

That may not be a bad idea! If anyone is interested in setting up a meeting point, please post it in the even feelers forum and we'll see how many are interested!

I know Wegmans seems to be a common starting point for many Mini Runs, so how about starting at one in Woodbridge?

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=9101+Staples+Mill+Road,+Richmond,+VA+23228&hl=en&sll=38.630862,-77.288852&sspn=0.007426,0.016469&geocode=FW91TQIdea9k-w%3BFVVZPgId_jdh-ylHkL5JnRWxiTFwdvV4nk3uJA&mra=ls&vpsrc=0&z=9

Based on the recommendation of 1 hr 30 min drive, I suggest 07:30. Any takers?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D.B.'s Facebook Page - facebook.com/DBMiniCooper