FAST060

Ouch! That hurt soooo good! ;)

Sooooo, the Mod :slug: bit me good this AM! :pcguru:

I have been building a list for some time now and I finally went for it.

:rock:I am the proud owner of an Alta 19mm Rear Sway Bar!:rock: ,

:embarassed:Serveral Go Badges (Not really a Mod):embarassed: , and

:congrats:Alta Drop In Filter (More of an improvement than a Mod):congrats:

He he he, I know it's not a breath taking Mod List but I have been a little :afraid: to take that step with Blur for obvious :banghead: reasons.

So, when I can't make those M&Gs it's 'cause the Mod Bug got me and I gotta work hard :captain:so I can play hard :motor:!

** Trying to figure out how I can add more Emoticons:questionmark:! Dag :frown:! I guess that is all! :laugh:**

Motor On!

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

YAY MODS!!!:top:

now that its getting warmer im starting to get the :slug: too!!

I put in a green interior :idea: today!!:rock: and im just one part away from sending all my stuff in to get painted rally green!!!:biggrin: then i can save up for my wheels!!!:proud: i even started working on my MOTD graphics the other day!!:s: its gonna take me forever to trace this thing out!! :banghead:but its gonna be awesome!!!:biggrin: im so ready to:motor: at MOTD!!! :party:

We've created more monsters!!!!! :rock::rock::rock:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

I have an automatic R56 Justa so mods for me are pretty much just lipstick on a pig.

I have made just a couple of changes for comfort: I replaced the passenger-side handhold above the window with another visor (Well, that's actually for my dog's comfort); mounted and hardwired a V1 radar detector at the roofline near the rearview mirror and mounted the remote next to the tach; and mounted and hardwired my GPS other side of the tach. I hate seeing power cords.

I also installed the complete suspension from a JCW WC50. OK, comfortable it's not but more fun it is! I'm still looking for the perfect wheels.

Got any mods suggestions?

I have an automatic R56 Justa so mods for me are pretty much just lipstick on a pig.

I have made just a couple of changes for comfort: I replaced the passenger-side handhold above the window with another visor (Well, that's actually for my dog's comfort); mounted and hardwired a V1 radar detector at the roofline near the rearview mirror and mounted the remote next to the tach; and mounted and hardwired my GPS other side of the tach. I hate seeing power cords.

I also installed the complete suspension from a JCW WC50. OK, comfortable it's not but more fun it is! I'm still looking for the perfect wheels.

Got any mods suggestions?

Sounds to me like you're doing more then lipstick on a pig :top:

Are you coming with us to the Dragon? You can get lots of mod ideas there

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Hey Gigi,

When you ask this group about mods for a MINI be prepared to open your wallet :biggrin:

DCMM is full of members who are mod-a-holics :rock:

I currently have lowering springs, adj. sway bar links and new brake rotors/pads sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. :eek:

2012 Jeep Rubicon

@ Gigi

like what brian said, were modoholics!!:stupid:

on my old justa (R50 auto.) i had a K&N intake, megan exhaust, m7 reenforcement plates, a MASSIVE sway bar, and some EXTREMELY bald tires (aka racing slicks)! :top:and all that seemed to keep me entertained while i staggered behind everyone!!:motor: but a really cheap yet bad ass mod you could do is some sweet stickers!!! each sticker usually adds like 5 hp but if it has flames or checkers its like 10 hp!!!:biggrin:

@ Gigi

like what brian said, were modoholics!!:stupid:

on my old justa (R50 auto.) i had a K&N intake, megan exhaust, m7 reenforcement plates, a MASSIVE sway bar, and some EXTREMELY bald tires (aka racing slicks)! :top:and all that seemed to keep me entertained while i staggered behind everyone!!:motor: but a really cheap yet bad ass mod you could do is some sweet stickers!!! each sticker usually adds like 5 hp but if it has flames or checkers its like 10 hp!!!:biggrin:

Yeah!! FLAMES :top:

Tggrrr010.jpg

Are you coming with us to the Dragon? You can get lots of mod ideas there

I'm going! I am jumping onto one of the Texas caravans of MINIs to Fontana Village when they pass through Louisiana. We are arriving Wednesday morning. I hope to meet up with y'all when I get there.

I am definitely interested in checking out everybody's cars for ideas and am definitely open to suggestions.

In that case, I need stickers of a RAGING INFERNO!

May I offer one bit of advice to all of y'all? Avoid being stuck behing me if there is any sort of incline that you wish to quickly ascend. At MITM, I learned that my automatic Justa is a Flintstone car. By the time I got my momentum going someone would slow way down or stop in front of me. Arggghhh!

I hear that altitude is not an issue at MOTD so I'm pretty dang excited!

In that case, I need stickers of a RAGING INFERNO!

May I offer one bit of advice to all of y'all? Avoid being stuck behing me if there is any sort of incline that you wish to quickly ascend. At MITM, I learned that my automatic Justa is a Flintstone car. By the time I got my momentum going someone would slow way down or stop in front of me. Arggghhh!

I hear that altitude is not an issue at MOTD so I'm pretty dang excited!

You're in a MINI, it will be fun no matter what :biggrin:

Tggrrr010.jpg

i know exactly how you feel,:top: i had an auto justa for 4.5 years and took it to 3 dragons! and those hills/mts. are murder!! :dead:you just gotta slowly build up some speed then just floor it :burnout:and hope for the best!! this will be my first dragon with a manual S and im so excited!!:motor::party:

i know exactly how you feel,:top: i had an auto justa for 4.5 years and took it to 3 dragons! and those hills/mts. are murder!! :dead:you just gotta slowly build up some speed then just floor it :burnout:and hope for the best!! this will be my first dragon with a manual S and im so excited!!:motor::party:

I'm a bit excited for you too! I'll be watching from a few MINIs away! LOL, jk

You were at MITM 2010? I probably have a photo of your car somewhere then ;)

2009 and 2010. If you have a picture of a line of cars, then vast asphalt real estate and then way, way, way back in the faint distance a little Lightning Blue/White Justa chugging to catch up, that's me.

The mod bug hit me already!....... i just dropped $1200 on some wheels :cheers: :biggrin:

Struck me this month as well...

New black aero side scuttles from the 2011 Justa to make my AB mini stealthier (think I mentioned these to a few at the Passport M&G - good for the blacked out trim crowd)

Then a NM strut tower brace shortly thereafter...

New wheels + tires next month!

(in links above: shameless self promotion for my recently started and still under construction blog)

I post stuff on my MINI here: http://techometerblog.com/

You have the dark surround LED indicators that OutMotoring sells right? I think those are one of my upcoming mods. I have a 2009 which I believe means I can run LEDs without triggering any bulb-out warnings or wiring in supplemental resistors. If that's the case than they're definitely on my list!

I like those side scuttles! Take a look at my turn indicators and I think you'll agree that they would be awesome in those scuttles!

I post stuff on my MINI here: http://techometerblog.com/

That's the ones that I have and no problems with bulb warnings. I haven't tried LEDs anywhere else externally but all of my interior lights are LED (Blue). I've also got a pair of UV LED bulbs that I put in the map lights sometimes.... Helps me find the lint in the car.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Sooooo, the Mod :slug: bit me good this AM! :pcguru:

I have been building a list for some time now and I finally went for it.

:rock:I am the proud owner of an Alta 19mm Rear Sway Bar!:rock: ,

:embarassed:Serveral Go Badges (Not really a Mod):embarassed: , and

:congrats:Alta Drop In Filter (More of an improvement than a Mod):congrats:

He he he, I know it's not a breath taking Mod List but I have been a little :afraid: to take that step with Blur for obvious :banghead: reasons.

So, when I can't make those M&Gs it's 'cause the Mod Bug got me and I gotta work hard :captain:so I can play hard :motor:!

** Trying to figure out how I can add more Emoticons:questionmark:! Dag :frown:! I guess that is all! :laugh:**

Motor On!

Sway Bar arrived yesterday!