RDG_RCR

Dragon Mods

Anyone doing any mods to their car in anticipation for the dragon? New brakes, tires, suspension?? Post up!

Sara should have her short shifter installed in the next month or so, and maybe a sway bar or exhaust.

I have a whole bunch of stuff, but I recently just ordered my tires! Maxxis RC1 245/15 and 275/17.

Yes.. this warm weather has given me dragon brain.

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

16% pulley, 4% crank pulley new belt, Flashpoint MK1 Header, Supercharger service & new waterpump (new gaskets and seals), rear seat removal (maybe) with dynamat, new brake pads, and a proper cleaning/detailing. I also have a 2.5" Catback that i may install if the Header and 1-ball mod doesn't please my ears

I have this in the box, not sure if i'll install though:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxNjAw/z/oUkAAOSweW5Vaxkl/$_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Also bought into the GP Wing Run, might get that slapped on before MOTD:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gp-wing-for-r50-r53-r56-mini-2016-batch--2#/

16% pulley, 4% crank pulley new belt, Flashpoint MK1 Header, Supercharger service & new waterpump (new gaskets and seals), rear seat removal (maybe) with dynamat, new brake pads, and a proper cleaning/detailing. I also have a 2.5" Catback that i may install if the Header and 1-ball mod doesn't please my ears

I have this in the box, not sure if i'll install though:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxNjAw/z/oUkAAOSweW5Vaxkl/$_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Also bought into the GP Wing Run, might get that slapped on before MOTD:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gp-wing-for-r50-r53-r56-mini-2016-batch--2#/

Now that's a list, nice

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

So, I have a 10 year old R53... what does that mean? Today I got my car back after getting the following done:

1. ALL fluids/filters replaced

2. New lower control arm bushings (Powerflex)

3. Supercharger service

4. New belt and belt tensioner

5. New waterpump

6. Rebuilt Axle

7. New sunroof seal

8. A few other small fixes that should prevent boost leaks

Also, last year, I had my suspension sorted since I now have Coil-overs. Primary goal was to achieve nice stance, but maintain tire wear and proper driving feel. :motor: (unlike the dopes with the crooked tires) :laugh:

.... I'm rambling again...

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

UGGGHHH... 6 days until I depart and not even close to being ready yet. I still need to adjust my ride height due to new wheel tire/set up, change the oil and possibly the brake fluid. I have an alignment and corner balance scheduled for Friday and I still need to wash and wax the car. (PS, due to road grime and massive amounts of rubber/brake dust) you really should put a few coats of wax on the car before the trip, it will make cleaning up the car after a lot easier.)

I'm sure I will find more to do. I may even change my springs before I get the alignment done. :stupid:

Edited by RDG_RCR

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13