melissa99

MINI Takes the States 2016

So what does everyone in DCMM typically do in terms of lodging? Is it easy to stay at a less pricey place than MTTS partner hotels and still meet up in the morning events and exits? I'm looking to book reservations soon before options become sparse, would just like to know others' thoughts. Thanks!

Edited by chrimson

-Chris

So what does everyone in DCMM typically do in terms of lodging? Is it easy to stay at a less pricey place than MTTS partner hotels and still meet up in the morning events and exits? I'm looking to book reservations soon before options become sparse, would just like to know others' thoughts. Thanks!

Lots of schools of thought. We've done the host hotels before. We've also stayed at hotels closer to the rise-n-shine location. There are typically very little, if any, happenings at the host hotel. You're getting (arguably) a better rate than you would if you booked on your own. But that's not always the case.

A lot of the host hotels are booked - at least, the group rate block of rooms are sold out. You can always call the hotel, if it happens to be one you want to stay at. Some cities like St Ignace don't have a lot of hotels to begin with. Mackinack City is on the south side of the bridge, and might have rooms available.

We've looked for rooms near the morning events, if the events for that city were announced when we booked our hotels. For the others, I took a WAG based on what I knew about the area, where the nearest 'track' was, etc. Park City, UT still doesn't have an evening event, at the time of this post. And the morning event is on the opposite side of Salt Lake City from Park City. So, we might end up changing our reservation for that city. Or not. Too soon to tell :)

I'm staying in Hilton branded hotels every night except for St Ignace. I had enough points that I was able to use points and dollars for most of my stays and they averaged at $50 per night. Most of them are close to either the pm or the am event and a couple are right in between. I'm going all the way!

image.php?u=1426&type=sigpic&dateline=14

I'm staying in Hilton branded hotels every night except for St Ignace. I had enough points that I was able to use points and dollars for most of my stays and they averaged at $50 per night. Most of them are close to either the pm or the am event and a couple are right in between. I'm going all the way!

#GoingAlltheWaylikeMelissa :rofl:

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

As I posted in the RSVP, unfortunately I am unable to make it to any of MTTS this year, because I'll be in an intense technical training brain "boot camp" during the entire 2 weeks that the event takes place. :frown:

However, I am still interested in the MTTS "swag" that comes up for these events. I'm willing to pay for a multi-city membership in order to cover whatever swag is in each city... but that would require that someone is willing to pick up my badge and any associated swag for me.

Is there anyone who is going to a bunch of cities that doesn't mind doing that for me at each stop? If so, let me know which stops you will be doing, and I will register for those stops. :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

As I posted in the RSVP, unfortunately I am unable to make it to any of MTTS this year, because I'll be in an intense technical training brain "boot camp" during the entire 2 weeks that the event takes place. :frown:

However, I am still interested in the MTTS "swag" that comes up for these events. I'm willing to pay for a multi-city membership in order to cover whatever swag is in each city... but that would require that someone is willing to pick up my badge and any associated swag for me.

Is there anyone who is going to a bunch of cities that doesn't mind doing that for me at each stop? If so, let me know which stops you will be doing, and I will register for those stops. :smile:

Haemish - I just saw this. I'm not going to many cities but am happy to do this for the portion that I do. Atlanta to Baltimore

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Hi -

On the fence on MTTS from ATL to Baltimore, was hoping there might be plans for a caravan heading south prior to the start?

Apologies if this isn't posted in the right spot...

Braddlee

There are some of us going out Thurs night to Atlanta. We plan to leave after work, drive till we're tired and then pick up in the morning to Atlanta. You're welcome to caravan with us. We have 3 cars right now so a small group.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Haemish - I just saw this. I'm not going to many cities but am happy to do this for the portion that I do. Atlanta to Baltimore
THANK YOU Ali! I'll go ahead and register for those legs today... and I'll update my registration further if anyone else is able to pick up more legs. I totally understand and excuse any "Track-to-Track" people from helping me out though, because I don't expect anyone to deal with the added hassle for a full 2 weeks. :angel:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

I can continue getting your swag in Pittsburgh. I know it's just one more site, but in case no one else is as nice :biggrin:

-Chris

THANK YOU Ali! I'll go ahead and register for those legs today... and I'll update my registration further if anyone else is able to pick up more legs. I totally understand and excuse any "Track-to-Track" people from helping me out though, because I don't expect anyone to deal with the added hassle for a full 2 weeks. :angel:

I can continue getting your swag in Pittsburgh. I know it's just one more site, but in case no one else is as nice :biggrin:

I can get you stuff beyond Pittsburgh. I love the swag too, so I'll just grab an extra set whenever I can. :smile:

I can get you stuff beyond Pittsburgh. I love the swag too, so I'll just grab an extra set whenever I can. :smile:
Aww - thank you guys!

Ali can start it out for me, and by Baltimore she can hand off to Chris, who can hand off to Melissa by Pittsburgh. I have updated my MTTS registration for the whole thing.

Thank you, all 3 of you... I truly appreciate it - so kind of you. :smile:

I'm going to make sure I can attend MTTS 2018. I've always wanted to do the whole thing one day... maybe that will be the year. :hmmmm:

Aww - thank you guys!

Ali can start it out for me, and by Baltimore she can hand off to Chris, who can hand off to Melissa by Pittsburgh. I have updated my MTTS registration for the whole thing.

Thank you, all 3 of you... I truly appreciate it - so kind of you. :smile:

I'm going to make sure I can attend MTTS 2018. I've always wanted to do the whole thing one day... maybe that will be the year. :hmmmm:

it takes a village :biggrin:

I hope we can go all the way in 2018 too. In 2012 I had knee surgery

2014 I went a few nights, 2016 we bought a house and moved. 2018 is our year!!!!

Tggrrr010.jpg

Hi -

On the fence on MTTS from ATL to Baltimore, was hoping there might be plans for a caravan heading south prior to the start?

Apologies if this isn't posted in the right spot...

Braddlee

I'm planning to drive down to ATL on Friday morning and would be interested in a caravan.

Going Atlanta to Charlotte, then splitting off on Sunday morning for some family stuff until rejoining the fun in Baltimore on Tuesday morning. Then continuing to Green Bay.

2021 F54 JCW - Midnight Black

Greetings fellow Miniacs.

I recently joined this page and today signed my husband Steve & I up for the club membership. We are participating in MTTS 2016 Track-to-Track. Since we weren't a member of the club until today, I wasn't on the lookout for the club badge. Is there one? and if yes, Is it magnetic? Will I be able to get one for my badge holder in time for any or all of MTTS 2016? Thanks for any and all input.

We will be departing Ashburn, VA Thurs after Steve gets off work - hopefully between 12 & 1 PM and staying the night in Statesville, NC with family. We plan to depart Statesville by 7-7:30 AM and grab the Tail of the Dragon on our way to Atlanta Friday. I've seen posted on the Facebook site at least 6+ cars going for the Tail on route to Atlanta.

Looking forward to meeting lots of Miniacs -

Warning in advance: unfortunately I'm not likely to remember everyone's names that I meet.

Welcome!

We're leaving Thursday after work.

There are magnetic club badges on our store.

http://dcmm.storenvy.com/products/6255790-dcmm-gobadge

Hilary manages the store her club name is chillin. If you order send her a message and see if she can figure something out to get it to you.

We're doing Atlanta to Baltimore

Tggrrr010.jpg