TGGRRR (Ali)

Tint and Dent removal at Detail Authority

One more question Ali for Wardel (no rush).

I got tint from him at the "Beat the Rays" tint party organized by Corey held at GarageMahal. I'd like to get the windshield stripe but I don't need new tint. Would I have to pay the $25 or $50 rate?

Another tint question... what is the charge for tint removal (with retint)?

I sent to Randy, he sends to Wardel, who replies to Randy who replies to me.

Will let you guys know when I hear back

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

One more question Ali for Wardel (no rush).

I got tint from him at the "Beat the Rays" tint party organized by Corey held at GarageMahal. I'd like to get the windshield stripe but I don't need new tint. Would I have to pay the $25 or $50 rate?

$50, because he would need to re clean, prep the windshield, and get things set up again.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Trying to plan out for this one...What are the shades/percent of tint available for this? My wife would like to match the front driver and passenger windows on her CX-9 (two windows). For my MINI, guess i'm just looking to go dark...not sure of tint % though.

Trying to plan out for this one...What are the shades/percent of tint available for this? My wife would like to match the front driver and passenger windows on her CX-9 (two windows). For my MINI, guess i'm just looking to go dark...not sure of tint % though.

Sent an email to Randy. I would assume the standard VA legal shades are available. Are you looking for something different? Do you want a quote on the CX-9?

I just copied and pasted your post to an email to Randy

Tggrrr010.jpg

Typically 50, 35, 20% tint. To do the front windows as dark as the back, is illegal in Virginia. We can still do it however I just need you to be aware that it is illegal.

And for Virginia either the two side windows are only allowed to be 50% to be state legal. 50% is not very much color or shaving at all. Generally down to 35% is acceptable, does not create any issues. Once you get to 20% and below you are asking for trouble.

We can do a very good job of matching existing tint. It may not be a 100% exact match, but I'll be fairly close and most people would never know the difference.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Typically 50, 35, 20% tint. To do the front windows as dark as the back, is illegal in Virginia. We can still do it however I just need you to be aware that it is illegal.

And for Virginia either the two side windows are only allowed to be 50% to be state legal. 50% is not very much color or shaving at all. Generally down to 35% is acceptable, does not create any issues. Once you get to 20% and below you are asking for trouble.

We can do a very good job of matching existing tint. It may not be a 100% exact match, but I'll be fairly close and most people would never know the difference.

Luckily vehicles are registered in MD. :) From what I've seen on the driving down the road around here, I could Wesley Snipes shade 6 and be just fine.

I edited my first post with a tentative schedule.

As additional people sign up we'll edit it. If you want to be moved let me know. I tried to honor what is in the RSVP or what people told me

Please make mine later in the morning... It will take me over an hour to get there. :embarassed:

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

I'm interested only in that I'd like to get my front windows re-tinted to the same % as the rear. The only thing is that I'm pretty sure it would be illegal on the front. Might be worth coming out anyway just to chat about it.

Grey Goose: 2016 F56 Moonwalk Grey JCW - TTFS/GTPeace Custom Stage 1 (Present)
Shadow: 2011 R56 HT MB/MB - MANIC Stage 1 (Past)

Done!!! If we get more people I can push you back more
Same for me please - the later the better. :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Luckily vehicles are registered in MD. :) From what I've seen on the driving down the road around here, I could Wesley Snipes shade 6 and be just fine.

If you want me to create an appointment can you please RSVP on the event and comment with what you're doing and the best timing for you

Tggrrr010.jpg

I have another question... my Mustang has a small sunroof. Can that be tinted too? I think I'd want to go with a very dark tint on that one - the darkest ceramic tint they can do (e.g. 5% limo tint).

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

i'm curious how much they would charge to wrap my roof in black

HOONIGAN

Manic stage 2+, H&R springs, H-Sport 19mm sway bar, K&N intake, Forge Bov, Miltek downpipe, Mini Challenge Exhaust, Alta hotside pipe, Noname Intercooler, Cravenspeed short shifter, Sneed4speed Billyclub, Sneed4speed Aero Package, Sneed4speed

ETR, Sneed4speed track rotors, Carbontech AX6 brake pads

Ok...thank you

HOONIGAN

Manic stage 2+, H&R springs, H-Sport 19mm sway bar, K&N intake, Forge Bov, Miltek downpipe, Mini Challenge Exhaust, Alta hotside pipe, Noname Intercooler, Cravenspeed short shifter, Sneed4speed Billyclub, Sneed4speed Aero Package, Sneed4speed

Idk...I probably could

HOONIGAN

I need to give Randy more details on the front jobs. The dent removals are fine

Please update your RSVP with the model of car and what's being tintedtinted. I know it's probably all in the thread but this will make it easier to give Randy the correct info

Tggrrr010.jpg

I adjusted all tint tines in accordance with instruction from Randy about times needed. I padded them just a bit too. Haemish should be very happy now
:rock:

What's the earliest available for a windshield strip?

I put you in for the morning, I literally just readjusted all the times and forgot them. It's all in the top post

These times are all estimates as he could run early or late. You never know what's going to happen

Tggrrr010.jpg