1975_mini

Brakes or bust

As some of you know I have been battling gremlins in Watson's brake system. Hence no updates on any of my fun projects.

He has a soft fading brake pedal no matter what I seem to do. I thought I had found the culprit in a failing brake hose, but no luck. I put together the below decision tree to lay out my plan of attack this Saturday.

If anyone wants to stop by feel free to shoot me a PM for the address, offering a cold beer for you r two cents, I am at my wits end.:banghead:

59cedb7952bb2_Brakeplan.jpg.5b104365b37922f68fbe5c5586f06640.jpg

59cedb7952bb2_Brakeplan.jpg.5b104365b37922f68fbe5c5586f06640.jpg

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

park it on the hill, im sure the insurance people value it higher than what you paid. Then you can start from scratch. #becauseracecar :top::motor:

True would get more than I paid. Lol

1975Mini001.jpg

I am throwing the kitchen sink at this brake problem and boosting Watson's cool factor in the process. I have ordered a front disc conversion kit to replace these temperamental front drums. I also ordered all the components to replace the master cylinder and switch to a dual line system.

So I will be turning some wrenches in the garage in April. I will likely toss an event up for those that want to join in the fun. As always all will be welcome to join.

Need to get Watson ready for brandy to dive around this spring.:motor:

1975Mini001.jpg

I'm in

HOONIGAN

Manic stage 2+, H&R springs, H-Sport 19mm sway bar, K&N intake, Forge Bov, Miltek downpipe, Mini Challenge Exhaust, Alta hotside pipe, Noname Intercooler, Cravenspeed short shifter, Sneed4speed Billyclub, Sneed4speed Aero Package, Sneed4speed

ETR, Sneed4speed track rotors, Carbontech AX6 brake pads

I'm not very mechanical... more technical, so I don't think I'd be much help. I'm still very curious to hear about it and how it turns out though!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Well my drum to disc conversion might not be happening now, as after listing the parts as in stock and then sitting on my order for five days I get a friendly letter from minispares.com saying they do not have all the parts in stock (the 7.5" calipers). They provided three options:

(1) they ship what they have and then I pay shipping again when the rest of the parts are back in stock. (that like $100 from the UK)

(2) cancel the missing parts and ship the remaining order.

(3) they sit on the order till t...hey get the parts, no estimated date given.

I do not claim to be a master mechanic, but a brake kit with no calipers does not seem to helpful so 1 and 2 are out. Option 3 puts parts sitting in my garage for 18 months while I'm gone so that's out.

I made my own option cancel my order and I will find a company that has the integrity to list their proper inventory, and is able to deliver on the products they offer.

I will update once I see if someone else can deliver.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

1975Mini001.jpg