1975_mini

Mistress Run

UPDATE: THIS EVENT HAS BE POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER!!!!!!!!!

Before wooing you valentine, spoil your mistress (MINI). Come join us on a spirited run along some great twisties through Virginia farm country. This will be a point to point run, ending at the Barrel Oak Winery. I have attached the route sheet for anyone that would like to review it.

When: 28 Feburary 2015

Start point: National Museum of the Marine Corps

18900 Jefferson Davis Hwy

Triangle, VA 22172

Start time: 0900

Run time: 2 hours 15 minutes

End point: Barrel Oak Winery

3623 Grove Ln

Delaplane, VA

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I'm really excited about this run. I checked out the winery and it is very dog friendly so that's cool since I love scratching dogs and smooching their furry noses.

The winery doesn't serve food so we should find a restaurant for lunch after.

Anyone know the area or should we just check the google? Right now we have a small group that won't need reservations, but if we grow we might need to be more formalized. Of course, after the parade we showed up with like 20 people with 15 minutes notice and the restaurant handled us happily.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'm really excited about this run. I checked out the winery and it is very dog friendly so that's cool since I love scratching dogs and smooching their furry noses.

The winery doesn't serve food so we should find a restaurant for lunch after.

Anyone know the area or should we just check the google? Right now we have a small group that won't need reservations, but if we grow we might need to be more formalized. Of course, after the parade we showed up with like 20 people with 15 minutes notice and the restaurant handled us happily.

Most wineries in VA don't serve food due to health department regulations. If they do, it's prepackaged cheese/meats, etc. However, most are fine with you bringing your own food. :biggrin:

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Most wineries in VA don't serve food due to health department regulations. If they do, it's prepackaged cheese/meats, etc. However, most are fine with you bringing your own food. :biggrin:

They said we can bring food, but with it being cold I didn't know if there is enough room for us to all eat there.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

It's funny that BOW states they don't sell food. All I know is that when we were there, there were 3-4 different areas set up, selling BBQ, sandwiches, etc. You might ask to see if any of those food venues will be active.

That said, Marshall has a few places, as does Linden. Both aren't too far away.

The few times we have gone, we picnic. They have indoor space, with tables chairs couches etc. So typically there is room to sit, relax sip wine and eat whatever you bring.

In the warmer months they allow other vendors to sell food during the weekends.

They are very dog friendly, since its too cold to sit outside, we won't be bringing one, she will NOT behave inside with other dogs around.

Brian

2006 British racing green with black roof.

The few times we have gone, we picnic. They have indoor space, with tables chairs couches etc. So typically there is room to sit, relax sip wine and eat whatever you bring.

In the warmer months they allow other vendors to sell food during the weekends.

They are very dog friendly, since its too cold to sit outside, we won't be bringing one, she will NOT behave inside with other dogs around.

I guess like father, like daughter:biggrin:

image.php?u=1209&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Corey, I do not see the route sheet and a quick question, the run is on Sunday? Just want to make sure :biggrin:

Yes Sunday, I will get the route sheet up today, I have been losing the battle attaching it.

Attached, I don't know why I couldn't see the paper clip last time I tried.

Mistress Run.xls

Mistress Run.xls

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Yes the run is on Sunday, he loved it so more people could attend and forgot that I had to work, so I will not be attending, so it really is a mistress run lol

hmm.... This may be a possibility now.

EDIT: LOL!! 21* and windy? Nope!! :( Have fun guys! If the weather changes for the better I may be able to make it out.

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13