fassbender

iPhone Holder

I currently have a suction cup on my speedo for my phone which I use for navigation and traffic (Waze). Its time to replace it. Has anyone found a solution they really like - find it sturdy and not noisy? I have an iPhone 5 at the moment. I already have CravenSpeed holder for my regular Garmin which I may still use for some of the out of the way places. Thanks!

If you have a hard case on your phone you could try a InfiniApps Slyde CD Slot Mount for Smartphones, Cradle-less Universal...

Sold by: Infiniapps Technology LLC. It goes into your cd slot. Since the mini cd slot is a weird shape it is not rock solid but it works for me. I can take some pictures of it later if you want to see it in a mini.

I bought the small and sleek iMagnet Cradle-less Universal Phone Mount on Amazon and have been relatively happy with it. It has a metal plate that you either adhere to the back of the phone or place between the phone and the case. The plate then attaches to a magnet on the mount. The mount has a sticky base and levered suction cup to place it on the dash or the window; it's easily removed and replaced. And no, there are absolutely no issues whatsoever with the magent causing harm or interference to the phone. Due to the case I currently have, however, it does occasionally fall off of the mount on a bumpy road.

image.php?u=179&type=sigpic&dateline=140

I don't use mine much, which is why I didn't go with the Craven Speed scissor mount. I didn't want to have to look at a permanent, mostly unused fixture on the dash.

I use mine every day for Waze so it works great for me

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I've been trying to remember the brand of the phone mount I had in both cars. I may even have one of them at the house - if so, it's yours!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I use mine every day for Waze so it works great for me

I second that.

I have the CravenSpeed unit and use it for music as well as navigation (CoPilot Live)...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

La Mosa

2006 JCW R53

You say you want a Revolution...

I've been trying to remember the brand of the phone mount I had in both cars. I may even have one of them at the house - if so, it's yours!

I use the Pro Clip. That's the one you introduced me to and I'll never use another! Absolutely love the stability, positioning and it's flexibility for different phones.

https://www.proclipusa.com/

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

The only problem I have with the pro clip is I change cases a lot and they cost 30 to change to a different one. If you don't change cases this would be great.

The mount I have I use with a slim case and my rugged case.

Oh that is good do you happen to know the part number?

Good question! Lona and I swapped mounts when I upgraded to an iPhone 5. Hmmm, good question indeed.

The mount's hardware remained the same, the actual phone bracket was the part we swapped.

The only problem I have with the pro clip is I change cases a lot and they cost 30 to change to a different one. If you don't change cases this would be great.

Pro Clip has the adjustable phone bracket and, like FAST060 noted, I've used both rugged cases and low profile cases with the same mount. I also found that my work issued Blackberry fits in it without any additional adjustment.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold