Edge

Spring Fling 2014: Drive & Lunch in VA wine country

They are most definitely welcome, but the non-MINIs will have to drive in the rear of the group (which is where they probably want to be anyway!). The main thing they need to know is "no asshattery"! :)Great! I'm bringing all 10 of mine - which includes my 1 new fancy one and 9 to loan out if necessary. I'm also bringing my portable tire inflator. I think we're more prepared than ever before! Can you guys sweep? Besides trusting you and your past SF experience, you can help keep an eye on the R32 & M5. :biggrin:

I told both boys no asshattery but it can be reiterated :)

Craig does and Lona said she's bringing it lol.

Do you have a spark plug socket?

Brings back dark times for me :rofl::rofl:

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Other than a little chill at the start, this was once again such a fun event. I will give credit to Haemish- he DID NOT underestimate the quality, quantity and ferocious nature of the potholes out there today. It was kind of like inverted autocross... Instead of avoiding the cones sticking up, you avoided the holes in the ground.

Great event, great time - so good to see so many smiling faces!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Other than a little chill at the start, this was once again such a fun event. I will give credit to Haemish- he DID NOT underestimate the quality, quantity and ferocious nature of the potholes out there today. It was kind of like inverted autocross... Instead of avoiding the cones sticking up, you avoided the holes in the ground.

Great event, great time - so good to see so many smiling faces!

Thank you Haemish and Catalina for leading such a great run! It was a fun day!! Enjoyed meeting so many new members too :)

Ditto!!!

What a blast. We had a great day. Now if I could have timed the potholes and the oncoming vehicles to not come at the same time that would have been heaven. #$@%%# pot holes!!!

:biggrin:

As usual the restaurant was great and I got a really nice compliment from one of the waitresses. She said we're one of the nicest large groups that comes in there.

Really great run for starting the driving season out with a great day!!!

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I will give credit to Haemish- he DID NOT underestimate the quality, quantity and ferocious nature of the potholes out there today. It was kind of like inverted autocross... Instead of avoiding the cones sticking up, you avoided the holes in the ground.

This sure was a cold and tough winter and the roads had so many potholes, but it was still a good time.

Signature.JPG

Well that was fun! A huge thank you to everyone that attended the Spring Fling today. What makes this event a success are the fun attitudes of the people who attend it, and you MINIacs did not disappoint!

I tried to lead Group A at the appropriate "brisk" pace to ensure everyone still had fun without feeling like they had to drive way out of their comfort zone. I can only hope that the folks in Group B felt they had their share of fun too, (especially the non-MINIs) playing catch-up when we got separated.

A special thanks to Mark & Ali for the excellent job they did relaying between the two groups, for John & Manja for "sweeping" from the back of the MINIs, and for Craig & Lona for their assistance, including setup/check-in, ensuring the run leaders were properly fed before the start of the run, and helping to keep all of us together at the back at various points.

Of course I'd be remiss if I didn't also give a big thanks to my beautiful co-pilot Catalina, who helped navigate, radio call and drive the lead MINI (Poison Ivy) at various points (not to mention providing the said MINI!). Thank you again honey - you made a good day so much better. :highfive:

It's days like today that make the job of organizing runs worthwhile. I look forward to our next run! :top:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

:brgblack::eb::green::indi::redblack::yeblack::vrblack::brgblack::velvet::highfive:

So why were you guys asking me to sing? :musicus:

To show that you could hear the singing from car to car? :tongue:

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Thank you Edge for putting on this event!!

R50 04 PS MCa - Sold

R53 05 PS MCSa - Sold

R56 12 LiB/B MCSm Born 10/13/11 Bought 10/31/11 Home 11/5/11. CW, TP, SP, Sunroof, Xenon w/B Housings, AnthraciteHeadliner, Tint, JCW CF door handles, JCW CF Spoiler, JCW STB, DDM Street CAI, Stubby, Black grill, Black R98, JB+

To show that you could hear the singing from car to car? :tongue:

ahhhhh then you need to get me to first put on some good classic rock. I believe I was singing the intro to Kansas, Carry on Our Wayward son when Craig heard me belt it out from inside his MINI with the windows closed and AC on :biggrin:

Tggrrr010.jpg

For my first Spring Fling, I had a FANTASTIC time. Thank you everyone. Also, my non MINI friends definitely had a good time, they were happy for the hospitality and the fun twisties. Today, my coworker with the special R32 that has no name said he even had some issues in spots keeping up with Lucy. That makes me a proud mama!!! :rock:

For my first Spring Fling, I had a FANTASTIC time. Thank you everyone. Also, my non MINI friends definitely had a good time, they were happy for the hospitality and the fun twisties. Today, my coworker with the special R32 that has no name said he even had some issues in spots keeping up with Lucy. That makes me a proud mama!!! :rock:

I may have harassed him a little about not naming his VW, where's the love?

Tggrrr010.jpg