GreenCactus

6th Annual DCMM Picnic

6th Annual DCMM Picnic and 10th Anniversary Celebration

Where: Black Hill Regional Park - Shelter "C"

Address: 20930 Lake Ridge Drive, Boyds, Maryland 20841

When: Sunday, August 11, Noon to 4

Cost: FREE to current members and one guest, non members and additional guests are $5. Children 10 and under are free, children over 10 will count as a guest. Please remember to bring/wear your club badge!

Menu: DCMM will provide the following:

Hamburgers

Hotdogs

Veggie Burgers

Soda (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite)

Water

Condiments (Ketchup, mustard, and cheese)

Plates, utensils, cups and napkins

We are asking attendees to bring either a side or a dessert. It doesn’t need to be enough to serve everyone, but if everyone brings a dish for 4-5 people, we will have plenty! Please put what you are bringing in your RSVP.

We will need volunteers to help with the grilling and clean up.

Important Information:

• Picnic is rain or shine. There is a shelter, so don’t let the weather stop you!
  • Dogs are permitted in the park, but they must be kept on a leash.
  • Alcohol is not allowed in the park, so please don’t bring any.
  • There are REAL bathrooms very close to the shelter.

What to Bring:

• Sunscreen
  • Bug spray
  • Chairs (If you'd like to sit on something more comfortable than a picnic table)
  • You may want to bring a towel/change of clothes just in case any of the games involve water guns/balloons.

Pre-Picnic Run:

• There will be a pre-picnic run. A separate RSVP will be posted when the details are finalized.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Getting down to the last week and it's almost time to do the shopping for the picnic and I need to see if the Maybe's can start firming up their responses. It makes it easier to get the right amount of food.

Thanks everyone!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Heading out to shop for the picnic this afternoon. There are 13 members and guests on the "maybe" list. If you can, please update your status so we know how much food and drink to get. Thanks everyone! Looking forward to seeing you at the Picnic!

Heading out to shop for the picnic this afternoon. There are 13 members and guests on the "maybe" list. If you can, please update your status so we know how much food and drink to get. Thanks everyone! Looking forward to seeing you at the Picnic!

Updated, but too late. I just got back from the beach. Paul and I will be coming, but if you don't have enough, we'll survive.

decided to leave Watson at home tomorrow, looks like our drive south after will be in thunderstorms. I need to order a defector to keep the rain of the distributor, coil, and alternator. Guess I will have to settle with being Brandy's navigator.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

That was a great picnic and the weather was perfect.

Thanks for shopping and getting all the food prepared Craig and Lona (he tells me that Lona was the mastermind).

I really enjoyed seeing everyone. I didn't hear much about the run, I hope you guys had a great time.

Stories!!!! lets hear em :biggrin:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Wow, another awesome picnic. Many, many thanks to everyone "behind the scenes" that made this work. From getting the reservation for the location to helping pick up the trash and clean up the last bits and pieces, it was yet another great example of teamwork. And yes, Lona kept tabs of what we should be getting because I have had a tendency to get too much stuff and we end up have boxes and boxes of hamburgers and hotdogs left over. A perfect amount of food for the grill this year.

For everyone that brought food, WOW! So many awesome dishes and desserts. The potato salad with peas was great - can I get the recipe? - and Lona and I both made pigs out of ourselves with the Flan. I need to run an extra 20 miles this week to make up for everything that I ate. Oh, thanks to whoever brought the Twinkies - I loved the box and the Minions.

Personally, I'd like to thank Sherm and Brian for taking over the grills and getting the last of the food cooked up.

We had a great time everyone and we look forward to seeing you at another event soon!

Thank you, thank you to everyone that planned, organized, shopped for, and made the event happen. Special thanks to Craig and especially Lona (the mastermind). My daughter and I had a great time. This was her first DCMM event and she enjoyed talking with everyone and seeing all of our MINIs. (No not Victoria this time, it was Charlotte.)

Oh... sorry that Anne-Marie could not make her whoppie pies this year so I could not resist lining up the twinkies in the box to make them look like MINI-ons Twinkies. The new Hostess products just got back into our Giant this past week so I had to get them. :embarassed:

Point of order: I was not the only twinkie procurer, great minds think alike.

I will try to get my co-pilot in life to bake her whoppie pies next year. A few people did ask for them.

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

I had a great time at the picnic yesterday - it was good to see you all! I'm sorry if I didn't get a chance to talk some of you as much as I would have liked... bringing Guinness is fun but it certainly keeps me more occupied. :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Great bbq and picnic!! Well done, guys. My brother had a great time meeting some of my friends (and being hogged by Paul! Katie, he really loved speaking with your husband, don't be mad at him since they're both in the energy field!!) There were, however, a lot of new and unfamiliar faces that I did not recognize!

Great bbq and picnic!! Well done, guys. My brother had a great time meeting some of my friends (and being hogged by Paul! Katie, he really loved speaking with your husband, don't be mad at him since they're both in the energy field!!) There were, however, a lot of new and unfamiliar faces that I did not recognize!

HA!!! Katie's not mad, I was about to get the secrets of autocross out of him :banghead:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

HA!!! Katie's not mad, I was about to get the secrets of autocross out of him :banghead:

What secret? Drive better/faster than everyone else and hit fewer cones. See! Isn't that simple?