TGGRRR (Ali)

Paw Paw Tunnel Run

Weather out here in Falls Church is looking a little dark so I hope it gets nice out west. I have an extra radio that someone can borrow if they need to.

Just a passing morning shower out this way in Leesburg... there's definitely more rain over Fairfax County.

So I split from the group a little early, not wanting to go to the Virginia Farm Market at the end. Aside from a bit humid - as expected - the day was very nice!

The Coffee shop in Purcellville was a great place to start the day! Not only do the owners have a MINI, they have a friend with a CLASSIC Mini - 1967 Morris Mini S. Done in white, with red 10" wheels, it was in amazing condition! Neither was able to join us for the trip - the owners of course needed to run the shop, while the friend departed after talking with a bunch of us for a bit.

I won't spoil everything for everyone else, so I'll let someone else provide more details on the day. I didn't take very many pictures (and unfortunately, none of the classic Mini), but I'll post the few good ones from the park and give a link later.

Had an awesome day guys and gals. Very nice run....when I could get up to speed.....great weather and fun in the river. Cant wait to see some of the pics from today. Way to go on setting up a great day Ali.

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

Thanks to everyone that came today for being so damn awesome! It was a great run and I think I only forgot one thing. To set my odometer to 0 and have all of you do the same. But we didn't lose anyone so that was good.

Mark was saying if we do this again, we should just meet at the Martin's in Winchester. Also I'll tell people to bring bathing suits AND water shoes since a few people that went in the water got glass in their shoes and were cut.

The weather cooperated after the torrential downpour of the morning wore off. I'm totally exhausted, will share the pictures I took when I'm done processing them.

I'm really glad that all went well and I hope you all enjoyed yourselves

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Thanks Ali, you did a great job! Great seeing everyone today, it was nice for Minnie to stretch her legs a bit. Here are a few snap shots right from the camera. I didn't get many photos, I wish I would have taken some at the meet up spot, but I thought we might have had some other photo ops later on. I'm not sure what I will do with Ali's twerk photos yet:evil:

9119297127_a4acf04ff5_b.jpg

9121527380_12ae93525c_b.jpg

9119298011_4bc79344e2_b.jpg

9121522374_86454dd9c0_b.jpg

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Dur... I forgot to thank Ali as well for putting this all together! This would probably also make a great run in the fall, as the colors start to change (and keep in mind that they'd probably change up there sooner than they do here). :)

My pictures are uploaded... full size right now, so download or get prints or whatever you want. I'll be resizing them to Google's max size so that they don't count against my space limit soon.

http://picasaweb.google.com/102780596772348004929/PawPawTunnel

Dur... I forgot to thank Ali as well for putting this all together! This would probably also make a great run in the fall, as the colors start to change (and keep in mind that they'd probably change up there sooner than they do here). :)

My pictures are uploaded... full size right now, so download or get prints or whatever you want. I'll be resizing them to Google's max size so that they don't count against my space limit soon.

http://picasaweb.google.com/102780596772348004929/PawPawTunnel

Nice shots! Where did you find that turtle?!

Thanks for this. I had a great time. Chillin and I ended up running tandem back to Fairfax (after my GPS set me off on the wrong path and I ended up catching her)... I figured I should spend some time at home today.

Thanks Ali! I hope BOTD is as fun as today was!

Those are great shots Tyler, I especially like that sassy one of Nick.

You can just save that butt shot of me and keep it for yourself :biggrin:

Thank god the wife has the "man-card" right now as mi might have to shred it due to that pic....lol

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

I put my shots up here.

http://www.alicyndrew.com/p383640260#h6457aa54

After processing I realized I didn't shoot a single MINI, What was I thinking???? I remember thinking about getting shots of MINIs, but I never actually took one. I did get some cool tunnel shots and some fun shots of Erin and Catalina playing in the water. Also got Casper enjoying a roll in some dirt.

Tggrrr010.jpg

I put my shots up here.

After processing I realized I didn't shoot a single MINI, What was I thinking???? I remember thinking about getting shots of MINIs, but I never actually took one. I did get some cool tunnel shots and some fun shots of Erin and Catalina playing in the water. Also got Casper enjoying a roll in some dirt.

Much better than the FB versions!

They're the exact same shots, but you can download high res from my site

I know, but they are degraded on FB, these are much clearer! I don't upload to FB anymore for that reason...That and they own the rights to the photos.

With the exception of getting myself stuck in that hold on the way out of the parking lot I had a blast.

Other than a little dirt there are only a few little scrapes on the bottom edge of the black trim on the bottom of the bumper(not happy about it, but silver lining is the JCW Aero kit will be be here in 3ish weeks and will replace that part). Thanks again to whoever it was that helped me out of there, there is a very small dent where you pushed down but it should be easy to pop back out(or just wait till I take it in for the aero kit install and have them do it for me) :top:

Edited by SneakyBaron

IMG_0147.jpg

Awesome day out on the tunnel run! Thanks Ali for putting it together and everyone else for your hospitality! Kevin, Phineus and I had a great time! Can't wait to do it again!

And Kevin got my seized valve stem covers off!!! :top:

Tggrrr010.jpg

It was a fun day... thanks to Ali for organizing it and to Catalina for letting me drive Lola! :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129