DuB?

Clutch replacement.

Trying to get a feel for how much this badboy is gonna cost to get replaced:banghead::banghead::banghead:. I know most places sell the OEM one for ~300usd, but Im tryna figure out labor. If anyone has exp with getting theirs replaced please share cost(if you dont mind), where you got it, and if you recommend them.

Thanks in Advance

~DuB?

'07 MCS | M7 AGS-R| M7 heatshield | RissRacing catless DP | Invidia Q300 | Vmaxx coils | Alta Endlinks

Cost for me was free lol i did it myself but a new clutch is not going to cost you $300. I paid like $80 something bucks for mine. The labor is whats going to cost you. I think its about a $1,000 at the delership, just labor.

Edited by rickyr53

The parts aren't all that bad. . . the labor, well, lets just say: The front of your MINI has to come off, and it isn't pretty. Figure a full 3-5 days for labor if dealing with a shop.

I had my clutch upgraded under 2 days after driving it off the lot, went to visit, was SHOCKED to see the whole front end of my 2003 on the ground, I almost cried.

Because it was all under warranty, I didn't worry, but, to see the car in such a state of disrepair, I NEVER thought it would come back together (and this is after me rebuilding 2 of my of my own cars, back in the day). End of the day, life is good. . . but, it's NOT a small job.

Find a shop that knows what they are doing, buy your own parts to supply them with, and cross your fingers, hope for the best.

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

The parts aren't all that bad. . . the labor, well, lets just say: The front of your MINI has to come off, and it isn't pretty. Figure a full 3-5 days for labor if dealing with a shop.

I had my clutch upgraded under 2 days after driving it off the lot, went to visit, was SHOCKED to see the whole front end of my 2003 on the ground, I almost cried.

Because it was all under warranty, I didn't worry, but, to see the car in such a state of disrepair, I NEVER thought it would come back together (and this is after me rebuilding 2 of my of my own cars, back in the day). End of the day, life is good. . . but, it's NOT a small job.

Find a shop that knows what they are doing, buy your own parts to supply them with, and cross your fingers, hope for the best.

Thanks for the info! Im shopping around for labor rates=D I am a DIY kinda guy, but from what I read the engine and tranny need to come out and its just a a hassle. I dont have the time haha

'07 MCS | M7 AGS-R| M7 heatshield | RissRacing catless DP | Invidia Q300 | Vmaxx coils | Alta Endlinks

DIY is awesome but just research to see what you're getting into. Changing a clutch on a FWD car is infinitely more difficult than a clutch on a RWD. That being said, I've changed over a dozen RWD clutches and have done one FWD. . .and I'll never put myself through that foolishness of doing a FWD clutch by myself again.

NorthAmericanMotoring has a pretty good DIY clutch change thread with lots of photos. Well, it's more of a this is the worst way to do it and this is what i learned thread. But this guy made the mistakes so you don't have to. :)

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/how-to/218303-clutch-change-from-hell-how-not-to.html

Good luck!

Edited by elpollodiablo

Alice Cooper - Hyper Blue R53 with a few light mods

???? - Montego Blue 335xi with even lighter mods

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

, but from what I read the engine and tranny need to come out and its just a a hassle. I dont have the time haha

The engine doenst have to come out at all. All you have to do is support the engine while you drop the transmission. If you dont have a engine hoist you'll need at least two other people to hold up the trans and help you align the bolt holes.

Just for some info.

When I had the Quaife diff installed in my R56, the labor was $1000. (OXSpeed in Pasadena Md) I asked how much more changing the clutch would add and it was $100 plus parts. So figure about $1100 in labor to R&R the clutch.

No matter where you go, there you are!

Anyone ever call Behe over in Beltsville? They did my Mini...
There is some old, painful and unfortunate history between DCMM and Behe Performance (formerly known as Lucky Dog Garage). I will not dive into it on the public forums, but it is regrettable.

I will say this much though - Mr. John Behe is very talented at what he does.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

See our list of vendors...

http://dcmetrominis.org/forum/topic/1800-official-vendors/

You def have options.

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL"