TGGRRR (Ali)

MINIs Manis and Pedis

Gentlemen of DCMM. Are you gonna leave me swinging in the breeze all by myself with this? Can't we get a showing of men confident enough to make this a true club event? Come on, join us & take some pride in your feet (or hands) and when we are done, let's adjourn to have some great Thai for dinner. Any of you other men gonna join me or am I going to have to go it alone with the Womenz?

Umm...yeah about that....trust me there is no saving these toes...Hazmat suits might be required :biggrin:

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

Umm...yeah about that....trust me there is no saving these toes...Hazmat suits might be required :biggrin:

Okay, I mentioned hands! Give your hands some TLC here fella's? Polish and buffing are not required so only you and your manicurist will know the truth!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

THAT'S WHAT I"M TALKIN ABOUT! Step up there, play that man card!

You are going to get me on my soapbox if you keep up with the "Man up", "Real Men" comments. You might as well start using "Grow a pair" too. Really?

Can we start using "Be a Lady", "A real woman...", etc.? I don't think that will go over too well around here either.

We can start using one of your favorites.... "Murdered out."

Come on, these are just more examples of verbal peer pressure (no I'm not going to say bullying... we are not even close to that).

I'm not saying that we can't have conversations and poke at each other but certain phrases and terms are not appreciated by we sensitive men.

You don't want me on my soapbox... oh wait... :embarassed:

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

Bert - I respect your comments but I will point out the fact that I never used any of the expressions you mentioned. Perhaps it's semantics but I used the term "Man Card" and I honestly feel that does not have the same meanings or implications of the other terms referenced. I also never used any reference to "Metro" anything.

Perhaps I should have used the quote option since my response was to CARMAN but the slow speed of my typing resulted in my response being posted after another comment.

I believe it's obvious from my posts in this thread that the sole intent is to encourage participation without any regards to gender. If any offense was taken, please accept my most sincere apologies as none was intended.

Craig, No apologies necessary and no offense taken. You did not use those terms. I just don't like the terms as you have stated your dislike for murdered out. This is an open discussion, as long as we follow the stated club rules and posting guidelines, but it just gets to me sometimes. Really, "its me, not you." :biggrin:

I have to apologize for being too serious sometimes. Today is one of those times. It is a Monday, the conference calls have been back to back, non-stop (scanning the DCMM site during the boring parts), I'm working and the family is at the beach :banghead:, and it is HOT and HUMID out there. I'd rather be elsewhere right now. I'll be quiet now.

Bert - I think you have me confused with someone else regarding that term "Murdered out". I personally think it's over used, and a cliche but I find nothing wrong with it and I really can't complain about it too much as I've done that with two consecutive cars. My previous MINI was Laser Blue and I covered/removed all of the exterior chrome on it.

Anyway, this is hijacking this thread. My posts have been and are intended to get guys to drop the social stigma and if you want to get a darn pedicure or manicure, go do it. Let's have a fun afternoon out with our ladies.

I feel a need to apologize to the ladies since I was the one that started the hijacking of the thread. :frown:

My comment was meant as a joke directed towards my buddy Craig and nothing more.

So lets end this and get back to the normal discussion. Thanks B.

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Geez, I'd totally forgotten that you called me out like that Brian! If you go to this with me, we can get massaging seats next to each other and talk about all of those manly man things that manly men talk about when they are in places that manly men aren't expected to be. - sound of fists thumping on chest and making crazy Tim "the tool man" Taylor noise...

Too bad this isn't a Fish Pedicure spot. It would be down right comical to watch those little fishes go to town on Craig's Dawgs! :rofl::hahaha:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Growing up, we spent most of our time swimming in creeks and ponds so was used to that. I guess I was doing "cool" before it was even cool! Bring on the fishies!

Gentlemen of DCMM. Are you gonna leave me swinging in the breeze all by myself with this? Can't we get a showing of men confident enough to make this a true club event? Come on, join us & take some pride in your feet (or hands) and when we are done, let's adjourn to have some great Thai for dinner. Any of you other men gonna join me or am I going to have to go it alone with the Womenz?

So here's my objection to my participation. I don't care for strangers touching my feet, I feel very personal about those body parts. My (ex) wife can touch my feet but I pretty much no one else.

It's best explained by a scene out of Pulp Fiction where Travolta/Vincent explained it to Jackson/Jules re a foot massage. We all have our quirks :)

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Too bad this isn't a Fish Pedicure spot. It would be down right comical to watch those little fishes go to town on Craig's Dawgs! :rofl::hahaha:

Okay, I might be up for the fish thing... the piranha treatment.

Sorry for the spaz-out yesterday. :embarrassed: I'll stay calm.