TGGRRR (Ali)

I can't concentrate on work

Ahhh, another purple lover! Woo-hoo! :top:

It is probably a year or more out so if we can find a 2008 or newer MINI or Countryman in purple :wink: we might be able to convince her. I would love to be a 2 MINI family.

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

The body may remain intact, but if you have no crumple zones how well are the occupants protected. A car that crumples absorbs the shock so that the occupants are safer

You skimmed the video. About 17 seconds into the video, they specifically address the crumple zones and they admit that they are small but a crumple zone is only a single factor in passenger protection. Given the airbags, tensioners on the seat belts, the steering column that actually moves to give the driver room in an accident and I must say, I think I think they've done a rather good job.

If anyone would like to test a MINI in the same situation, I'm sure I can come up with 20 tons of K rail - you donate the MINI.

+1 to all that Haemish said, that car held up amazingly well considering the speed and the type of impact it went through.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

No skimming, cant see videos at work, couldn't watch it
Wait until you do! :tongue:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

im with katie, my dad was on the list to get a smart as soon as they came out but once we test drove one he changed his mind. It only come in auto, the suspension sucks, and it has 0 acceleration. But as much as we tried to keep one out of our driveway when my step sister totaled her cobalt she got a "convertibe" smart car and had my dad pop off the smart badges and put mercedes badges on it! :banghead: it truely shames our driveway!

I've seen the crash videos and know that they are safe for MoCo driving. I agree that the engineering on the tridion (sp?) body cage is impressive. We have driven them here and in Europe and she can rock Smart's version of the trip-tonic (sp?) transmission, but I do agree that it sucks in automatic. I don't know which has a worse transmission, the Smart or the Scion iQ but the iQ color selection is definitely the worst.

As for the Fiat 500, she doesn't like the shape of the exterior and didn't like test driving it. We visited 13 or 14 dealerships in NoVA and MoCo one saturday in late February before she saw that the MINI was best for me, and would keep me sane.:motor:

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

im with katie, my dad was on the list to get a smart as soon as they came out but once we test drove one he changed his mind. It only come in auto, the suspension sucks, and it has 0 acceleration. But as much as we tried to keep one out of our driveway when my step sister totaled her cobalt she got a "convertibe" smart car and had my dad pop off the smart badges and put mercedes badges on it! :banghead: it truely shames our driveway!

It could be worse... It could be the Hello Kitty Smart. :stupid:

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

+476,160 seconds until we leave for the Dragon.

+764,080 seconds until MOTD officially starts.

-5hours 45minutes since I could concentrate at work...

Wow, I actually got some work done today! Hurray!!!!!

I'm also crashing on some of my homework so I don't have to worry about it next week and for part of my homework (Journalism class), I'm going to write a feature story about MOTD! I had that brainstorm over the weekend!

Well, we don't have the greatest of weather forecasts for Fontana but as we all know, the weather is always a variable. I'm going to pack umbrellas and a rain jacket just to make my fun isn't spoiled. The upside of this is that the sport bikes and Harley's aren't as likely to be out in the rain!

10 day forecast for Fontana

Well, we don't have the greatest of weather forecasts for Fontana but as we all know, the weather is always a variable. I'm going to pack umbrellas and a rain jacket just to make my fun isn't spoiled. The upside of this is that the sport bikes and Harley's aren't as likely to be out in the rain!

10 day forecast for Fontana

It looks like that every year. I'm not worrying about it. (I'm also bringing rain gear!) I'm just happy to have only 3 more days of work!! And thanks to working until 8pm last night, I might be leaving early today!!! :biggrin::motor:

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

It looks like that every year. I'm not worrying about it. (I'm also bringing rain gear!) I'm just happy to have only 3 more days of work!! And thanks to working until 8pm last night, I might be leaving early today!!! :biggrin::motor:

I quit looking at the weather because it is so hard to predict around Fontana. Being surrounded by the mountains it can be raining all around the area but the Village is dry. :biggrin:

I am so so ready to get outa here :banghead: and head down :motor:

I am know thinking it might be worth leaving Sunday, staying somewhere about halfway and then plan on an early arrival on Monday :questionmark:

2012 Jeep Rubicon

While at work not wanting to be here, I was thinking about food :biggrin:

I would love to have lunch at the Filling Station one day during MOTD. Their Cuban has been voted " The best Cuban sandwich around " :rock:

Here is the link to their website . . http://www.thefillingstationdeli.com/

Anyone interested :questionmark:

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Sounds fun! It interferes with my plan to have a grilled cheese at Deals Gap everyday, so we'll see. I could always eat twice... :biggrin:

Grilled Cheese to go and enjoy it WITH the cuban and friends!