cmcveay

NCC Autocross

I don't think anyone is actually going to "care" or notice because you aren't out there competing for the points prizes and you aren't really competing against the other cars in the class. I did run Archi in T2 because of the number of mods that I'd done and I think Ali would be the closest to Stock.

Etherpool, would you care to weigh in on it? I'm sure it can be adjusted once you get there otherwise.

As far car numbers the reason we want them is for people working the course so that they can call in which car does what. If you need depending on your car number you can borrow a few of mine. You only need two numbers. The first digit of the three denotes which heat you are in. Obviously we can tell that by what time your running so just the 2 digit car number will be fine.

I'm not Etherpool, but after looking at the list that explains the vehicle classing, I have to say that I think all of you DCMM ladies belong in the Tuner class. Suspension mods (including just a rear sway bar), engine mods (including an R53 pulley or a CAI), or even something as simple as a Schroth harness will automatically push you into the "Tuner" class.

And Daniel... you and your GP definitely belong in the Tuner class too, IMO. Your GP may technically be "showroom stock", but has the JCW suspension, JCW tuning kit, and a whole bunch of custom/specific body panels. It's a special edition - IMO it should either be Group 2 Tuner or Group 1 Stock (where other "special edition" models are like the BMW Ms).

Now, I'm not just saying this from my armchair... I'm seriously considering joining you all on Saturday morning, in spite of the fact it's so darn early and all the way in Waldorf, MD. If I do, I'll be registering in Group 2 Tuner, even though almost all of my parts are "OEM", they are still far beyond a factory/stock Cooper S. :embarassed:

I've only ever autocrossed in my Mustang, a handful of times in the late 90s (with the Mercedes club, actually!)... it's been a long time, and I only did it for fun, not competitively. I had a great time though, and I'm sure it will be even better in the MINI!

Edge is correct. I don't know your cars but it sounds like they all belong in tuner. If you have any questions about it you can ask us when you come up to the tent to confirm your registration. If corrections need to be made we will do it then.

Also, I hope you can make it out. If you autocrossed a Mustang you will LOVE auto-xing that Mini!! I got to autocross one last event and I'm so in. As soon as I sell my Mustang I'll be on the Mini hunt!!

Craig has added some more good tips. You will have lots of standing around outside. A chair is good. It will be chilly Saturday bring layers. The best driving tip I can give you all is look much farther ahead than you think you need to. You want to be looking at where you want to go, not where you are going. If you look at where you want to end up, you will naturally drive there.

Edited by FAST060

I'm registering as of tomorrow, aka payday. It will be my first auto cross in my MINI, so I'm a little nervous. I've done a good lot with my previous car though!
Deadline for the $5 off online registration is midnight tonight! You may want to do it now. :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I just finished all of our numbers!!

Ali - I just made yours smaller. :biggrin:

You are alllllllllllllllllright in my book! :top::top:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Ok you convinced me!!
:top:
Um. Well. It's apparently sold out??

Yeah that's fine. The first (and only time) I did an NCC event that was what I had done. So much for being responsible and waiting until I got paid lol :banghead:
Book it anyway! It said it was sold out for me too, when I did it earlier today. It said I was on the "waiting list", but yet my name is still listed on the attendee list. I'm still going. If I don't get to do it, oh well... I will have fun watching and cheering my friends on, and next time I'll sign up earlier. :embarassed:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

:top:Book it anyway! It said it was sold out for me too, when I did it earlier today. It said I was on the "waiting list", but yet my name is still listed on the attendee list. I'm still going. If I don't get to do it, oh well... I will have fun watching and cheering my friends on, and next time I'll sign up earlier. :embarassed:

It said something about only the BMW club members can be on the waiting list when I tried :questionmark::questionmark:

It said something about only the BMW club members can be on the waiting list when I tried :questionmark::questionmark:
Oh, OK. Yeah, I joined the BMWCCA today to get the discount, since I figured I'll probably be autocrossing multiple times in the next year, so I might as well be getting the extra member discount. I didn't realize non-members couldn't go on the waiting list. Sorry! :embarassed:

Oh, OK. Yeah, I joined the BMWCCA today to get the discount, since I figured I'll probably be autocrossing multiple times in the next year, so I might as well be getting the extra member discount. I didn't realize non-members couldn't go on the waiting list. Sorry! :embarassed:

Oh right on. I never end up knowing how many auto crosses I'll go to so I'm always scared to register so I don't lose money.

Ok so I found out that walk up registration opens at 11:30. I'm gonna try to get there earlier so I can hang out and say hi to everyone doing the morning session :)

OK that was major fun and I can't wait to go again.

Stephanie - Sorry we didn't hang out for you, we were all freezing, wet and hungry. Another half hour and we would have been grumpy and any longer then that I don't know what I would have done.

I'm glad I went, it was just plain fun. The people running the event were so friendly and helpful. I had an in car instructor who was patient and really good.

Even with the rain and the cold I was happy and really enjoyed the day.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Great Time Fam! :rock:

I wish we could have stayed for the group in the PM but as Ali said, we were all very close to being in "Rare Form". I hope you all had as much fun as we did.:motor:

Don't be surprised if you see AutoX events on the calendar more often. It's not too expensive to do once in a while and the experience is rewarding in more ways than one.

The Pillow-Top Stig had a blast even with the double-stuffed orthopedic shoes that BLUR was wearing!

My Mean Dirty Girl had a blast! :rock:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL"