cmcveay

NCC Autocross

NCC Autocross would like to announce their seventh points event of the year on October 1st, 2011. It will be held at:

Regency Furniture Stadium

11765 St. Linus Drive

Waldorf, MD 20602

You can register online, ahead of time, and get a discount. Online registration is highly encouraged! Or, if it’s a last minute decision, you can still walk-up. But please, if you're going to come, register online. Plus it'll save you $5! Registration closes 11:59 PM on Thursday, September 29th, 2011

Breakdown:

Online Registration (BMWCCA Member): $30.00

Online Registration (Non-Member): $35.00

Walk-up Registration (BMWCCA Member): $35.00

Walk-up Registration (Non-Member): $40.00

Please register using registration website. Online registrations are done securely. Walk-ups are limited!!!

The NCC Autocross program uses a BMW-centric customized classing structure which pits your BMW or MINI against similar performance models in 3 levels of trim: Showroom, Tuner, and Modified. There is also a simple classing structure for non-BMW competitors. You can check out the full details at nccautocross.com.

Our program is beginner friendly, offering in-car instruction, guided course walks, and a dedicated group of organizers who are happy to answer any questions you might have or show you the ropes. Also, there are free loaner helmets available for use, so if you don't have your own helmet there is no need to go out and buy or rent one just to get a few fun runs in!

So whether you're a longtime BMW CCA veteran or never been to an autocross before, come check it all out online at our website: www.nccautocross.com

Please contact us with any questions you might have. We'll be happy to answer your questions. Please use our message board at http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?6841-10-01-2011-Autocross-Regency-Furniture-Stadium

See you on the 1st!

*** DISCLAIMER ***

This event is hosted by another club, vendor or other non-affiliated individual, it is not organized by DCMM. It is posted here for informational purposes only and DCMM accepts no responsibility for the event planning nor what takes place during the event. Participants shall expect to be subject to the rules and guidelines set forth by the event organizer(s).

*** DISCLAIMER ***

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

My number is 104, I was looking on the site to figure out where the numbers go, but I can't find it. I would love real numbers, but my flames will probably get in the way.

Has anyone seen the guidelines on this?

Ali

The last time I AutoX we used painters tape on our windows. Worked well enough. Some places have barcodes. I'll bring painters tape just in case or Laura could make numbers! :)

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Ali - you'll probably want to put the numbers on the body of the car. You are going to want to have your windows down or you are going to get really, really hot in the car (you don't have your AC on while doing autocross... Unlike the rest of us, you don't have much window space on the side.

I'm going to be there with Lona in a supporting role for this event and yes, there will be cameras and photo's involved.

There seems to be a pretty low turnout for this event overall which makes it a great opportunity for folks who have never tried autocross to get out and give it a whirl so if you've been thinking about it, head on out there for it!

Ali - you'll probably want to put the numbers on the body of the car. You are going to want to have your windows down or you are going to get really, really hot in the car (you don't have your AC on while doing autocross... Unlike the rest of us, you don't have much window space on the side.

I'm going to be there with Lona in a supporting role for this event and yes, there will be cameras and photo's involved.

There seems to be a pretty low turnout for this event overall which makes it a great opportunity for folks who have never tried autocross to get out and give it a whirl so if you've been thinking about it, head on out there for it!

Thanks Craig!

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I should add a couple of tidbits that will make the day more fun for you.

Empty anything you don't need for the day from your car and leave it at home. You can unload it after the event but why go to all of that trouble?

Check your oil. If you don't know how, buy a quart of oil and bring it to the event and ask me to show you how.

Be prepared to air your tires down for better traction. I'll bring my pressure gauge and a portable compressor. There's a filling station within a mile of the stadium so you can use that as well.

I will have my GoPro and anyone is welcome to use it if they wish. If you have cars between you, it can even make runs in multiple cars in the same heat.

If you think you are interested but have any concerns, please PM or email me (or ask while at the Annual club meeting later today). I autocrossed most of last summer and survived the autocross school. There will be instructor/experienced drivers that you can either ride with (in their car) or have in your car.

I have been autocrossing with the BMW club all year. You will have a great time. All the things in this post are accurate. Numbers need to go on the door. It is easy enough to make them with painters tape. Laura’s offer of making numbers will make your car look a lot better. Pump your tires up before you get there, and you will let some air out between runs. If you like to wear driving shoes, but do not like to stand around in them bring some other shoes. Everyone has to work when they aren’t running. That means you have to be ready to set cones up that get turned over. Bring a hat and comfortable shoes for that part. Plan to come early. If you haven’t autocrossed before learning the course is not easy. In the beginning it looks like a sea of cones. You also need comfortable shoes to walk the course a few times. Do not be a bashful about asking for help. If you haven’t done it before or aren’t confident, someone will be happy to ride along with you. I am delighted to see you all coming out. Generally there haven’t been a lot of MINIs. I am registered for the morning. When is everyone else registered?

I have been autocrossing with the BMW club all year. You will have a great time. All the things in this post are accurate. Numbers need to go on the door. It is easy enough to make them with painters tape. Laura’s offer of making numbers will make your car look a lot better. Pump your tires up before you get there, and you will let some air out between runs. If you like to wear driving shoes, but do not like to stand around in them bring some other shoes. Everyone has to work when they aren’t running. That means you have to be ready to set cones up that get turned over. Bring a hat and comfortable shoes for that part. Plan to come early. If you haven’t autocrossed before learning the course is not easy. In the beginning it looks like a sea of cones. You also need comfortable shoes to walk the course a few times. Do not be a bashful about asking for help. If you haven’t done it before or aren’t confident, someone will be happy to ride along with you. I am delighted to see you all coming out. Generally there haven’t been a lot of MINIs. I am registered for the morning. When is everyone else registered?

Thanks for the tips Carl

I think we're all registered for the morning. I am going to take them up on the offer of having someone ride along.

I've watched this on Youtube a few times, it does look like the cones will be a bit confusing at first. I'm really looking forward to it.

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Carl,

Great tips, thanks for jumping in! And don't forget sunscreen!

If you don't plan on staying to watch the afternoon event, there's no need to bring a chair since you'll either be driving or working the course as Carl mentioned. I'll be glad to do a course walk through with anyone who would like to go through it. If you are lucky, you'll work the course first and then drive in the second heat of the morning round. That way, you get to see where other drivers have troubles and there's also a hint of rubber on the pavement if you find yourself adrift in a sea of orange cones.

A couple of tips that you'll hear again "In a spin, two feet in". Although it's highly unlikely, if you spin out, one foot on the clutch, one foot on the brake (okay, one on the brake for the autos) and depress them. You'll stop pretty quick. The other is "when in doubt, two feet out", get off of the gas and brakes, let the car decelerate and figure out where you are so you can get back on the course.

I would encourage everyone that hasn't done autocross before to ask for a navigator/instructor for at least your first run - this is a beginner friendly activity.

I'm really, really looking forward to watching everyone on Saturday, this is gonna be sooooo much fun!

Good to see so many Mini's coming out this weekend! Hopefully in a few months I'll be one of the group!!

We are offering a second slot in the afternoon session for only $20 bucks cash! So if your interested just come register at the tent and let us know that you want the afternoon second slot deal!! Come quick so that you don't lose your spot!!

We all look forward to seeing you there!:motor:

The Autocross Committee

Just to let you know if you are a novice or just want some additional advice we will have instructors there who are more than happy to ride along with anyone and provide advice. We also have loaner helmets just in case you don't have one. Just come up to the tent, find a committee member and let us know what you need!!

See you there!!

I don't think anyone is actually going to "care" or notice because you aren't out there competing for the points prizes and you aren't really competing against the other cars in the class. I did run Archi in T2 because of the number of mods that I'd done and I think Ali would be the closest to Stock.

Etherpool, would you care to weigh in on it? I'm sure it can be adjusted once you get there otherwise.

I'm not Etherpool, but after looking at the list that explains the vehicle classing, I have to say that I think all of you DCMM ladies belong in the Tuner class. Suspension mods (including just a rear sway bar), engine mods (including an R53 pulley or a CAI), or even something as simple as a Schroth harness will automatically push you into the "Tuner" class.

And Daniel... you and your GP definitely belong in the Tuner class too, IMO. Your GP may technically be "showroom stock", but has the JCW suspension, JCW tuning kit, and a whole bunch of custom/specific body panels. It's a special edition - IMO it should either be Group 2 Tuner or Group 1 Stock (where other "special edition" models are like the BMW Ms).

Now, I'm not just saying this from my armchair... I'm seriously considering joining you all on Saturday morning, in spite of the fact it's so darn early and all the way in Waldorf, MD. If I do, I'll be registering in Group 2 Tuner, even though almost all of my parts are "OEM", they are still far beyond a factory/stock Cooper S. :embarassed:

I've only ever autocrossed in my Mustang, a handful of times in the late 90s (with the Mercedes club, actually!)... it's been a long time, and I only did it for fun, not competitively. I had a great time though, and I'm sure it will be even better in the MINI!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I think we're all in the wrong class. None of us are "stock" or "factory" anymore, which means we should be Tuner 2. (I think.)

Also, what color numbers do you want? I can do black, white, red, blue, green or pink.

I'd like to rock mean PINK numbers!:girl::girl::girl::highfive:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL"