cmcveay

Luray Caverns Run

Oh, I know this is an important element for many of you. The nearest Starbucks is just over a mile away and it's at:

7375 Atlas Walk Way

Bldg. G

Gainesville, VA 201552992

571-248-8830

That's where we started the Melanoma rally, I know exactly where that is.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I gotta admit, I am pretty pissed at myself, and really wish I could have pulled it together to get out there today. What a beautiful day to be motoring. . .laying around, feeling like 8 different types of ass has been for the birds. And I didn't get to meet Merlin and some of the new first timers w/ DCMM.

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

I had a great day and I have a slew of pictures to process. I'll upload a link to the pics on Picassa as soon as they're ready.

Thanks for all of your work Craig and that was mighty fine sweeping Marty. Laura, great job on the relay (sorry about the attack of the stink bugs)

I wish my shoulder wasn't hurting, it was killing me to be passenger all day. Mark did a good job of keeping Tigger whining in joy!

Tggrrr010.jpg

Thanks to everyone who made it out for today's run to Luray caverns! Despite my printing the wrong route sheet, we still had lunch in Luray and we enjoyed the maze. Jono and others who couldn't make it, we will do this run again and you'll be there for it.

I hope everyone had fun and enjoyed the scenery and the roads... Including the two perfectly executed 19 MINI U-Turns!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Thanks to everyone who made it out for today's run to Luray caverns! Despite my printing the wrong route sheet, we still had lunch in Luray and we enjoyed the maze. Jono and others who couldn't make it, we will do this run again and you'll be there for it.

I hope everyone had fun and enjoyed the scenery and the roads... Including the two perfectly executed 19 MINI U-Turns!

Honestly Craig, the true sign of a good leader is how well they can handle a screw up. And the little glitches in the route were handled perfectly. They just made for more of an adventure.

I really enjoyed the run today. I wish I could have driven as the roads were great. Thank you for setting it up and getting us to Luray

Ali

Tggrrr010.jpg

19 MINI U turn, not even close to the record. Two years ago on the Blue Ridge Parkway tour, we had a 44 MINI U turn. THAT was different.

Wish I couldda made it. I did get the finishing touches on the Fall Colors Run finished up though.

I'll be there next time!

Dale,

I know you didn't make it 'cause you just didn't want to meet Merlin just yet. It's okay! :) I really wish we (Lona and I) could make it for the fall colors run this year, it would be an anniversary celebration for us, just a week late but with the same awesome group that was at our surprise wedding (you don't hear those words together too often do you?) I hope you guys have a great event this year though and we'll thinking about you all the way from Key West!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I had a blast also. I finally got the video uploaded to youtube after a headache. It's kind of long, but if you interested in seeing it here is the link.

That was so cool, I like how you slowed it down at points. Love how you incorporated my DB portrait. Great job

Tggrrr010.jpg

Thanks to everyone who made it out for today's run to Luray caverns! Despite my printing the wrong route sheet, we still had lunch in Luray and we enjoyed the maze.

Craig, it was a great run. Thanks for pulling it together.

I can say I am grateful that this did not happen to us.

Family lost in Massachusetts corn maze calls 911

BOSTON | Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:15pm EDT

(Reuters) - A fall outing to a Massachusetts farm this week turned frightful for a family who got lost in an elaborate corn maze and called 911 to be rescued.

The call for help came on Monday evening from the family lost in the dark in a seven-acre corn maze at a farm in Danvers, about 25 miles north of Boston, police said on Wednesday.

"I don't see anybody. I'm really scared. It's really dark and we've got a three-week-old baby with us," a woman can be heard saying in a recorded call to 911.

The husband, wife and their two children were actually only about 25 or 30 feet into the maze, but they panicked as darkness fell, worried the farm had closed, police said.

"We thought this would be fun. Instead it's a nightmare," the woman said in the call. The name of the family was not released.

A police canine unit responded and found the family by calling out. The dog on duty, Falco, did not have to track them down, said Danvers police spokesman Sergeant Robert Bettencourt.

While people have been known to lose their way in corn mazes, Bettencourt said he did not know of police responding to such a call before.

This year's corn maze at Connors Farm is called Salem Village-Headless Horseman and typically takes about 45 minutes or an hour to wander through, said manager Richard Potter.

In past years, the corn maze has been crafted in the shape of Clint Eastwood, the Family Guy and a scarecrow.

The farm attracts thousands of visitors who traipse through the cornfields each season, Potter said.

Potter said staff members had not left the farm when the family called police and knew there were people were in the maze. But he said he did not hear anyone call out for help.

"We want to have positive family experiences here," Potter said. "We don't want anybody to go through what they went through."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/12/us-corn-maze-lost-idUSTRE79B6I320111012

Craig, it was a great run. Thanks for pulling it together.

I can say I am grateful that this did not happen to us.

Family lost in Massachusetts corn maze calls 911

Yes, I heard about that too, even watched a video on it - it's been on a bunch of sites, including CNN (link with video). It immediately reminded me of Sunday. :biggrin:

...and all they had to do was keep turning right! (or keep turning left)

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Anyone have the route sheet for this run? Since I need to visit Luray for class, I might as well enjoy the journey!:motor:

I'd create an event out of it but my focus is primarily scholastic in nature. :stupido:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Anyone have the route sheet for this run? Since I need to visit Luray for class, I might as well enjoy the journey!:motor:

I'd create an event out of it but my focus is primarily scholastic in nature. :stupido:

Are you taking a physics class? :wink:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

October 9 2012 is a Tuesday (your date is 10-9-2011) so is the date the 6th perhaps?

This thread was revived for info on the route only. Edge, wanted the route plan because he needs it for a class project or something.

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

This thread was revived for info on the route only. Edge, wanted the route plan because he needs it for a class project or something.
Actually that was Quitta not me. :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Woops, I kept an eye on the thread since it was revived in hopes someone was making it into another run this year.

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!