TGGRRR (Ali)

Cabins

I'm looking for a room, so if anyone has one in a cabin or anything let me know. I'm also going to start looking on NAM.

Jason.

2009 MINI Clubman Factory JCW CR/B

Helix BOV, DDM CAI, Helix STS, 35% tint, Black R113 wheels, eibach pro kit, 8000K 55w HID's.

2006 MINI Cooper S PS/B 176 fwhp/ 165 fwtq SOLD

2004 Pontiac GTO BLK 389 rwhp / 454 rwtq SOLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have another cabin question. Do they provide things like toilet paper, cleaning products, kitchen towels or sponges?

Is there a dishwasher in the cabin? Do we need to bring dishwasher soap?

Can we drink the tap water? Or should we haul a brita filter?

Yes our cabin has begun discussing our planning.

:elephant:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

So in your discussion on planning did you come up with a plan? :tongue:

:brat badge:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

I have another cabin question. Do they provide things like toilet paper, cleaning products, kitchen towels or sponges?

Is there a dishwasher in the cabin? Do we need to bring dishwasher soap?

Can we drink the tap water? Or should we haul a brita filter?

The larger cabins, like ours have a dishwasher. I never used it...seems a waste of water to wash a few glasses and utensils. If your cabin has a dishwasher, then dishwasher soap is provided. Dish drainers are provided as well, which I do use.

Liquid dish soap is provided as well, but I bring some too as washing up from the spaghetti dinner needs lots of soap.

You can drink the tap water...it's a little chlorine-y but potable. I bring bottled water with me as the bottled stuff at the general store is pricey. A reusable drink bottle is quite handy.

Toilet paper is provided, but again I bring my own. Theirs tends to be not so soft and gentle.

Cleaning supplies are not provided beyond dish soap. I bring a big thing of Clorox wipes. I also bring 2 sponges with scrubby sides...one for dishes and one for wiping surfaces.

2 dish towels and a dish rag are provided. I bring an extra dish towel or 2 any how.

There are pots, pans, dishes and utensils. However, the number varies according to the number of beds. If your cabin sleeps 2, then there will be enough stuff for 2, maybe 4 people. Our cabin seems to have about 6 of everything, though it sleeps 4. I bring 2 larges pots cuz of the spaghetti dinner. If you plan on cooking large meals, you might want to add your favorite large pot/pan. You can always borrow from your neighbors if your packing space is limited.

To recap, here's what I bring for the kitchen:

liquid dish soap

2 scrubby sponges

1 or 2 dish towels

Clorox wipes

Garbage bags- remember to double bag garbage to keep the crows out. Make sure the lid on your outside garbage bin is on tightly. I've them knock off loose ones.

Ant traps...LOTS

Aluminum foil

Gallon sized and snack sized zip lock bags...easier to pack than food containers for left-overs.

Paper towels

Paper napkins

Paper plates - saves on washing up.

Plastic utensils-hate to use them, but I have to for the spaghetti dinner.

Plastic cups- see above.

A reusable water bottle

Rags- you'll need them for dusting/wiping off anything out doors that you want to sit on. The pollen is very heavy up there that time of year and I have to wipe off the porch chairs every day. If you have a picnic table nearby, they tend to be filthy.

Dust broom and pan- I have a little set that's easy to pack and I do use it, since brooms and mops are not in the cabins. If the kitchen floor is really yucky, I'll use a Clorox wipe and a damp rag.

Be aware that Fontana burns all its trash and garbage, and they don't recycle at all :(. Hence, I try to keep as much plastic out of the trash as possible, tho' the spaghetti dinner generates a woeful amount. They might have changed their recycling policy this year, but I don't know. Every year, I debate on whether to try to separate the recyclables and bring them home, but I haven't done it yet I'm ashamed to say.

Hope this answers your questions...keep 'em coming.

I leave in 31 days! YAY!

Edited by kgdblu

Quick question, I didn't want to start a new thread, I thought this one would be appropriate,

Does Fontana have laundry facilities? They do, right? If so, does it cost money? Coin-op? Detergent available?

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Alan,

Not sure if all of the cabins have laundry facilities or if there's a big one in the village but you are welcome to come over to our cabin, entertain Ali and do your laundry. We've been told that ours has a washer/dryer. We'll have detergent and all so just bring your dollar bills!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Cool thanks. sounds like you got the DEELUXE model :congrats:

Alan,

Not sure if all of the cabins have laundry facilities or if there's a big one in the village but you are welcome to come over to our cabin, entertain Ali and do your laundry. We've been told that ours has a washer/dryer. We'll have detergent and all so just bring your dollar bills!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Well we are funny and amusing. But you said to Alan to come over and entertain Ali, not entertain WITH Ali. I didn't skim this one because I was afraid you were going to say I'd be doing people's laundry....

Alan can drop his laundry in the washer, we head out and do a quick Dragon run, come back, toss it in the Dryer, we go hang out at the vendors area. That should entertain us well enough

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg