TGGRRR (Ali)

2nd Annual MINIs Rally Against Melanoma

The payment for this event is done though the Melanoma fundraising website.

Membership payments to DCMM is done through paypal on under User CP.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

You're correct. :biggrin:

If you do pay for your membership today, I can have your packet ready for Sunday. I'm putting them together tonight. :top:

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Two quick questions:

1) I don't get the tie-breaking info: "Ties are determined by mileage, you tell me your mileage, you can give your exact mileage or just tell me what you think it should have been. If there's a tie, it goes to the person that is closest without going under"

Am I being dense when I don't understand this? :rofl:

2) I was thinking about PayPal-ing ahead of time. Can I throw in my membership fee into one payment?

It's easier if you can separate out your payments, but if you did roll them together, the club would issue us a check for the charity.

Here's how the tie breaker works. As rally masters we have run the rally enough times and come up with the ideal miles for each leg.

When you run the rally, chances are you will not run it as cleanly. You may come to a direction and realize you missed a clue. At which point, if you are really competitive and you know you have time, you would make a U-turn and look for that missed answer. Do that 6, 8, 10 times and your mileage is going to be really wonky. That's OK! We don't expect you to run the perfect mileage. Take a guess at the end of each leg on what you think the ideal mileage was. You could put in the mileage you have if you have run a pretty clean route. For example when Mark and I ran the rally that Dale organized, our actual mileage was like 15 miles over the rally route.

At the end if there is a tie, we will look at the mileage and who ever is the closest without being under our set ideal mileage will win.

Does that make sense?

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

You all have a great time today :top:

I am stuck at the office for a few hours and then over to my parents for a project.

I thought I would be able to meet at the finishing line but doesn't look feasible at this point :frown:

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Just a BIG THANK YOU for all the work. Great event good times.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/myipictures/

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"

Thank you EVERYONE That participated and volunteered.

Mark, Quitta and I set up the route

in addition, Audrey (who had to work and couldn't make it) helped us to create questionsCraig was there with help and guidance on the route

AND did all the scoring at the end. He was also our official event photographer.

Quitta, Josh and Celia did a great job with registration

Celia helped to send off the cars too

Mark, Quitta and Josh ran the checkpoint. This was a true team effort!!!

We also had some great support from our sponsors, such as Passport MINI (stuff for the goodie bags) the Melanoma Research Foundation (more stuff for goodie bags), Prima Car Care, Target (thanks Stephanie Kios), Go Badges and Craven Speed.

We wouldn't have been successful though without the participants who braved the heat, smiled and gave it their all. You guys are awesome and I hope you all had fun!!! There were some really creative answers there!

I did a quick total and came up with a number of $890 raised for the Melanoma Research Foundation!!! That Rocks!!!!! Last year we did about $600 so this was about a 3rd more.

I'm already trying to think of what we'll do next summer. I think we'll start it in MD, maybe near the new Passport dealer. We learned a lot at today's rally, A LOT!!! We plan to make next years another year of fun

Thank you everyone for your support :congrats::congrats::congrats:

Tggrrr010.jpg

I just wanted to announce the winners

Team Preemie was the winner (Ken and Nancy)

2nd place was Team Sheckly, not bad for their first event in a lovely spice orange MINI

3rd place was HR MINI with Dale and Regina

We had a 2 way tie for first and a 4 way tie for 3rd

There were 98 questions on the route, most people only missed from 5- 8 questions, the worst was around 11 questions. That's awesome!!

You guys ALL nailed the course.

Tggrrr010.jpg

My apologies for the delay in posting these. A few pictures from the Rally.

Photo Gallery

Thanks for the pictures..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/myipictures/

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"