Price

Place to get Clubman tinted in NoVA?

I'm looking to get tint as well and Laurel is a long drive from NoVA. I've heard good things about TNT Tint in Alexandria but do not have any first hand experience. Has anyone here had work done with them before?

Let me know where you decide to go... maybe we can get a twofer?

I post stuff on my MINI here: http://techometerblog.com/

Well, I've called around, here's the breakdown:

Dave - $229

TNT - ~$200

Carlos - $130.

Carlos really does do an excellent job for a very reasonable price. He gives a discount to DCMM members, and is fond of MINIs. That's probably why his price is so much more reasonable. It may be a bit of a haul to drive out there from NoVA, but IMO it's worth it. He's generally willing to schedule an install for a Saturday, which makes it a lot easier.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

The last time I had my windows tinted, I lived in Florida (1988-93). I presume tint is better these days, but should I expect to get bubbles and/or discoloration within 6-7 years? I'm not concerned with the price as much as I am the quality and technology as far as the actual product is concerned.

Also - considering both MD and VA quote legal tint as 'net' (meaning factory and aftermarket % combined), and most tint recommendations I've see are for exactly the max % that's legal, has anyone had any problems with this and Law Enforcement?

-Jim

Tinted to VA max. No problems during inspection and no problems from LEO's on the streets. Tint has been on for almost 18 months with no problems (that I didn't create). I liked the work so much, I took Lona's "Z" to have it done. I went to Halstar (SP?) in Laurel, MD and the trip was worth it.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

It WAS a haul but well worth it! I'll drive for a discount.

Carlos really does do an excellent job for a very reasonable price. He gives a discount to DCMM members, and is fond of MINIs. That's probably why his price is so much more reasonable. It may be a bit of a haul to drive out there from NoVA, but IMO it's worth it. He's generally willing to schedule an install for a Saturday, which makes it a lot easier.

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

If anyone is planning on going to see Carlos next week (26/27 November) I'll go along with you so Carlos know the MINI crowd appreciates his work. I'd like to put limo tint on my sunroof and maybe go darker on the rear side windows...

Tks!

If anyone is planning on going to see Carlos next week (26/27 November) I'll go along with you so Carlos know the MINI crowd appreciates his work. I'd like to put limo tint on my sunroof and maybe go darker on the rear side windows...

Tks!

I want to get Cricket tinted too, so I'd be up for going also.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

If anyone has the number for Carlos, he might make appointments and be very happy to have several cars show up! For the prices that I've seen mentioned, I'd be willing to have the entire car redone since I'm managed to scratch my tint in a couple of places.

Tks!

I could go on Fri 26th, around lunch time.

Okay, how does the 26th work for you Laura? How about you Jim? It's good for me. If 3-4 of us can go that day, I'll call Carlos and see if we can make reservations.

Jim,

Don't forget, the 26th is the Friday after Thanksgiving. I know not all contractors get that day off but I just wanted to toss that out there.

In a meantime, Ive checked couple of places around Rockville, the quotes were:

~$130 for some basic film that has no lifetime warranty against fading

~$160 for 'carbon' film - I think that's what Carlos is using

~$190 for a film that has lifetime warranty for like everything

~$400+ for ceramic :stupid:

Okay folks, we have a game plan. I just got off the phone with Carlos at Solar Solutions and yes, he will be open on the 26th. There's obviously no minimum number of people that he can get in and he asked for a maximum of 6. If anyone will be having existing tint removed, let me know as that will reduce the total number that can be done and Carlos would like to have those cars earlier. Since that includes me, I'll put mine down first so it's done and out of the way.

For now, it looks like me, GreenCactus and Price. Yarsay and TATTRAT, you've expressed interest so let me know. I'd like to give Carlos a number by Tuesday of next week.

Craig