STXMINI

Run to Flying Ace

Event Title: Run to Flying Ace

Event Date: 01/14/2024 10:45 AM to 01/14/2024 12:00 PM

Event Address:

Interested in shaking off the cobwebs on your MINI prior to the Mistress run in February? David "Widdie" has a drive in mind for

Sunday January 14th

Start: 437 S King St, Leesburg, VA 20175 (Leesburg VA Safeway)

Driver's Meeting: 10:45 am

End: 40950 Flying Ace Ln, Lovettsville, VA 20180 (Flying Ace Farm & Distillery)

RSVP on the event here: 

10 hours ago, 1975_mini said:

Monks BBQ is open at flying Aces now, and they can serve cocktails on the brewery side. 

should be a fun trip

They've really went up a notch in their food in the past year, Mike and I really enjoy going to this place, looking forward to this run.

• Like 1

This is soooo on my list; unfortuantely I will be heading out of town and don't think I can wait until after the run to do so. 
If for some reason I can work out the logistics, I'll join in .. have a great time 

I did the pre-run on Sunday and everything looks good … minus the salt and brine.  The weekend is shaping up nicely as of today’s forecast, but you might want a hat if you will be driving with the top down.

I also wanted to let folks know that we are starting at the Leesburg Safeway instead of the usual Leesburg Public House – Cars and Coffee.  This gives us an easy escape route from Leesburg, so we don’t have to drive on Route 15.

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it and discussing plans for MTTS 2024 (Jill and I have booked all our hotels).

I have attached the gpx file.  _2024-01-08_.gpx

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Julie Weisgerber said:

I'm a new member, and excited to join an event! I'm bringing two friends in my mini as well. 

We're looking forward to meeting you and your friends! We'll have a brief driver's meeting before we get started. And then off we'll go.

I just wanted to thank @Widdie (David) for keeping us all safe yesterday. We had some bad weather that created patchy spots on the roads, but I felt safe during the entire run. Driving on the backroads, with the snow in the trees, was a different kind of beauty, I really enjoyed the drive! 

• Like 1