STXMINI

MINIs Take The States 2024

Ok friends, looks like $1300 is the going rate for shipping our MINIs from Seattle, I called around yesterday and that is the rate I was given as well. They also told me that to fill a truck exclusively with MINIs we would need 7-9 cars, and would need a pick up point and drop off point. I just gave them a Leesburg zip code in order to quote.

It's a few months later, who is still going to MTTS for sure? 

Mike is driving me out to ABQ, our route is pretty much set. Due to my hEDS I can only tolerate days of 7 hours of driving or less, so we're driving slowly to ABQ starting on the 5th

*I'm also doing Lava Hot Springs as my non rally day/overnight on my way to Bozeman. Would be interested to hear what everyone else is doing?

*And lastly, some of us are doing Mt Rainier on 7/21 between Yakima & Seattle and we got the 1:00 entrance time (It's reservation only this summer) if anyone would like to join us.

My new position does not have the flexibility I had in January, so we have to pull out.  So bummed to miss it.  I cancelled all the hotel reservations this weekend, I was dragging my feet, but there is no way I can be gone from work that long.  😢

1 hour ago, Duke said:

My new position does not have the flexibility I had in January, so we have to pull out.  So bummed to miss it.  I cancelled all the hotel reservations this weekend, I was dragging my feet, but there is no way I can be gone from work that long.  😢

This makes me so bummed, glad you're getting to MOTD though, you'll have a blast.

I am leaving Virginia on 10JUL24. Staying in Nashville, Oklahoma City, and picking up Jill at the airport in Albuquerque on the 12th. We have all the hotels booked and will be in Alpine, WY on the 17th (non-rally day). Haven’t completely decided if we will continue to Seattle or head back from Bozeman. We will decide that a few weeks out.

• Like 1

I'm planning to leave on July 6, arrive in Albuquerque on July 11. Will spend the off day in Jackson Hole, WY. I registered for Leg 1, only. Will probably go to Bozeman but no further. Will return home from there. I'm fairly new to DC Metro Minis, but this will be my 4th MTTS. My Mini is a red 2010 Clubman S.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, At Bat said:

I'm planning to leave on July 6, arrive in Albuquerque on July 11. Will spend the off day in Jackson Hole, WY. I registered for Leg 1, only. Will probably go to Bozeman but no further. Will return home from there. I'm fairly new to DC Metro Minis, but this will be my 4th MTTS. My Mini is a red 2010 Clubman S.

We're excited to have you here at DCMM. I think I've chatted with you in one of the MTTS FB groups, happy to have another MTTS veteran heading out there.

On 4/2/2024 at 8:31 PM, Sanderson Clan said:

Jason & I are still planning to go. All hotels except Seattle are booked. 

What day are you both arriving? I'm thinking of doing a DCMM dinner on the night of July 12th in ABQ

• Like 1

Hello to all!

I just joined the group and registered for the MTTS, my nephew and I will be enjoying the ride!

Can I get advice on items such as, I wish I would of known that before, or should of brought that, and items you thought you needed and never used. We will be leaving from Prince William Co. headed to Albuquerque, and returning from Seattle.

• Like 1

We are heading to Albuquerque from Fairfax Co & returning from Seattle as well. We’ll need to connect. I can’t think of anything other than to get radios of you don’t already have them. There’s also a good chance you’ll be traveling through areas without cell coverage. 

• Like 2

On 4/3/2024 at 5:02 PM, Widdie said:

I am leaving Virginia on 10JUL24. Staying in Nashville, Oklahoma City, and picking up Jill at the airport in Albuquerque on the 12th. We have all the hotels booked and will be in Alpine, WY on the 17th (non-rally day). Haven’t completely decided if we will continue to Seattle or head back from Bozeman. We will decide that a few weeks out.

I am flying out to ABQ on the 12th also from BWI. Spending the extra $ to fly non-stop arriving at 3pm. Jill?

1 hour ago, 2014_Mini said:

Hello to all!

I just joined the group and registered for the MTTS, my nephew and I will be enjoying the ride!

Can I get advice on items such as, I wish I would of known that before, or should of brought that, and items you thought you needed and never used. We will be leaving from Prince William Co. headed to Albuquerque, and returning from Seattle.

There are 2 dedicated FB pages to the event - including one for "newbies" and there are lots of questions, answers, and lists 🙂
I will say that every time I have gone (this will be 7th) I have packed entirely too much stuff .. 🙃

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 2014_Mini said:

Hello to all!

Welcome! We're happy to have you and hope to see you out there on the road.

The best items I had for my first MTTS in 2022 were:

-My purple waffle seat cushion (I have old bones 😄)

-Driving gloves

-Gel squeeze ball (Also for the hands)

-Small cooler for snacks & a cold drinks

For 2024 I'm going to add:

-Paper maps

-Smart water to help with the elevation changes

-Making sure I pick up the paper route sheet at each morning's rally because I found the MINI MTTS driving App hard to follow and would like to have a backup

Brought on 2022 but only used once: Outdoor chairs and my radio (I'll definitely bring my radio on MTTS24 for safety)

• Like 1

2nd the small cooler idea -- especially if you are staying in hotels that include breakfast .. too much food between hotel breakfast and MINI R&R breakfast, so nice to have the cooler for the spares .. 

Likewise on the radios - could have done without them, but they will take up space regardless because wouldn't want to not have them. Blanket vs chairs for any outdoor seating option is personal preference. 

Fingers crossed the driving app has been improved .. surely with the technology we have these days ... 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MINIFIED said:

I am flying out to ABQ on the 12th also from BWI. Spending the extra $ to fly non-stop arriving at 3pm. Jill?

There are 2 dedicated FB pages to the event - including one for "newbies" and there are lots of questions, answers, and lists 🙂
I will say that every time I have gone (this will be 7th) I have packed entirely too much stuff .. 🙃

Jill arrives at 5:09pm from Dulles via Denver.

• Like 1