mini2nv2004

Too Cool Not To Share. PhillyMINI Rally Caught By Google Earth Camera

We feel like we hit the Google Earth Lottery. Last year on the PhillyMINI In The Mountains IV Run, 40+ MINI's were passed by the Google Earth car. Well guess what, it finally surfaced on Google.

Follow the link and look at the street view.... We were re-queing our cars near Muncy Valley, PA on Route 220/42, on a long straight-a-way, after turning right on Route 220, but just before turning left on Route 42.

Follow link:

Muncy Valley, PA - Google Maps

Cheers,

Joe Montante

Co-Prime MINIster, PhillyMINI

We feel like we hit the Google Earth Lottery. Last year on the PhillyMINI In The Mountains IV Run, 40+ MINI's were passed by the Google Earth car. Well guess what, it finally surfaced on Google.

Follow the link and look at the street view.... We were re-queing our cars near Muncy Valley, PA on Route 220/42, on a long straight-a-way, after turning right on Route 220, but just before turning left on Route 42.

Cheers,

Joe Montante

Sweet! Thats a long ways from Philly! The in-laws have a cabin near Forksville, and we go right through that stretch of road when we travel with them from the Ephrata area. I love that part of PA. If or when ya'all get up that way again I'd love to hear about it, may join you if it's open to non-members. Awesome motoring opportunities. Thanks for sharing

"Skylar" -2009 JCW Hard Top. See my Mondo-Minis page for more.

Sweet! Thats a long ways from Philly! The in-laws have a cabin near Forksville, and we go right through that stretch of road when we travel with them from the Ephrata area. I love that part of PA. If or when ya'all get up that way again I'd love to hear about it, may join you if it's open to non-members. Awesome motoring opportunities. Thanks for sharing

Over the last 5 years, this has become our Club's "mini" MINIs On Top. I arrange blocks of rooms at 2 local hotels and a lot of people stay Friday, Saturday or both.

We have a G2G Friday night, do the Mountain run Saturday and this year I hosted a Sunday run to Harvey's Lake. A full weekend of Motoring.

We start in Bear Creek, do Giant's Despair, lunch at World's End State Park, see High Knob Overlook, take a lap around Eaglesmere Lake, see the last falls at Ricketts Glen and come down from the mountains to eat BBQ in Wyoming Valley. 186 miles of fun.

Our runs are open to all MINI owners and as a non-Member we require $5 and for you to sign a waiver.

I can post it here next year or feel free to join our Forums at http://www.PhillyMINI.org. Forums are free, all you need is a VIN.

Cheers,

Joe

Edited by mini2nv2004

That is just... plain... cool. I bet you were all excited to see the Google maps van, and that you've all been checking the site frequently up until now! :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129