Goose

Carbon Cleaning Group Buy - Interested??

Update on 1st Gens - I was told very clearly by Freddy that it is not appropriate/necessary to do the walnut blasting on the 1st Gen engines, even if they are very old and high miles, like mine.

Instead, they will do an induction service using BG 44K.

So yeah... I guess I’ll be doing the induction service instead.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

30 minutes ago, Edge said:

Update on 1st Gens - I was told very clearly by Freddy that it is not appropriate/necessary to do the walnut blasting on the 1st Gen engines, even if they are very old and high miles, like mine.

Instead, they will do an induction service using BG 44K.

So yeah... I guess I’ll be doing the induction service instead.

I'm curious is the Induction service along the same cost?

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I managed some pics of my N18 with 103k on the clock. I was told it might not need the cleaning but I’m glad I got it done. 

36CA23E8-C412-42CC-88B1-24D6FB57731B.jpeg

298CB8DD-CF84-4740-9EC2-AC8795F01343.jpeg

• Like 1

R50 04 PS MCa - Sold

R53 05 PS MCSa - Sold

R56 12 LiB/B MCSm Born 10/13/11 Bought 10/31/11 Home 11/5/11. CW, TP, SP, Sunroof, Xenon w/B Housings, AnthraciteHeadliner, Tint, JCW CF door handles, JCW CF Spoiler, JCW STB, DDM Street CAI, Stubby, Black grill, Black R98, JB+

An induction service cleans carbon on the fuel side of your engine, this does not touch the back sides of the valves. 

If you don’t believe the gen1 engine with SC (boosted) has blow by then the walnut bast is not necessary. 

Induction is a chemical cleaning method, like the detergents already in your fuel just more consintrated. 

Comparing the two methods are apples and oranges, they clean different parts of the engine one is chemical one is mechanical. 

4 hours ago, TGGRRR (Ali) said:

I'm curious is the Induction service along the same cost?

Two different things, like comparing the price of a sway bar and coil overs. Both are suspension parts but different thinks

• Like 2

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

3 hours ago, 1975_mini said:

An induction service cleans carbon on the fuel side of your engine, this does not touch the back sides of the valves. 

If you don’t believe the gen1 engine with SC (boosted) has blow by then the walnut bast is not necessary. 

Induction is a chemical cleaning method, like the detergents already in your fuel just more consintrated. 

Comparing the two methods are apples and oranges, they clean different parts of the engine one is chemical one is mechanical. 

Two different things, like comparing the price of a sway bar and coil overs. Both are suspension parts but different thinks

I still would have paid the extra to have it done, but Freddy was pretty insistent that it would not be necessary on an R53.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

10 hours ago, 1975_mini said:

Great info!

signature-final.png

15 hours ago, Edge said:

I still would have paid the extra to have it done, but Freddy was pretty insistent that it would not be necessary on an R53.

Cool, does the it seem smoother at idle. 

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

On 7/20/2018 at 3:58 PM, 1975_mini said:

Cool, does the it seem smoother at idle. 

I haven’t had it done yet - it’s been difficult to coordinate a date to come in, because they aren’t normally open on weekends, and they don’t have loaner cars. I’m really wishing I had made it into that special Saturday group!

I finally have an appointment tomorrow morning - I’ll let you know how it goes.

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Edge said:

I haven’t had it done yet - it’s been difficult to coordinate a date to come in, because they aren’t normally open on weekends, and they don’t have loaner cars. I’m really wishing I had made it into that special Saturday group!

I finally have appointment tomorrow morning - I’ll let you know how it goes.

They have a couple loaners a Clubman and an older Civic. Unless they got rid of both.

IMG_0147.jpg

3 hours ago, SneakyBaron said:

They have a couple loaners a Clubman and an older Civic. Unless they got rid of both.

I asked Shawn Peace about that a little while ago - you’re right! They actually have 4 loaners now, to also include a BMW X1 (which is basically like a BMW Countryman) and a BMW 318ti.

I happily stand corrected - and good to know for next time. :)

They never mentioned loaners in the lead-up to scheduling this appointment, and I didn’t ask - because most independent shops don’t have loaners. I’m impressed that they do. Had I known this, I could have scheduled my appointment much sooner, without having to wait or get a ride.

Edited by Edge