scottt

Valve gasket replacement

very easy, as long as the know lefty loosey, righty tighty and spiral pattern out from the middle when tightening back on you are good to go.:top:

Helpful hint: make sure to let the engine completely cool down if you like your finger prints.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Thanks for the info.

What are the chances that the valve cover is cracked? It's a 2010, with 30,000 miles on it.

When I did my google searches, that seemed to be the biggest cause of oil leakage, yet it seemed that all those mentions were Type S engines, which I don't have.

The leak tends to form at the vacuum line on the back left of the cover if you are standing in front of the car. (As know to some a the seafoam induction hose) Look and see if that seems to be the source, there is a seem from the molding process that can form a leak at that connection. So if that is the source replace the cover if not there it is likely just the gasket.

Thanks for the info.

What are the chances that the valve cover is cracked? It's a 2010, with 30,000 miles on it.

When I did my google searches, that seemed to be the biggest cause of oil leakage, yet it seemed that all those mentions were Type S engines, which I don't have.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I had mine done a couple of months ago. My R56 turbo required the entire cover to be replaced as oil was leaking out and puffing out the back. The cover was the most expensive part and it took the shop an hour to install. $450

2k10 Mini Cooper S (R56) 6sp, Coilover suspension, K&N Intake, Alta hotside, Stoptech Rotors, 17" white wheels w/ Conti DW, and resonator delete, S42 turbo upgrade, upgraded intercooler, tuned 250whp.

2k9 Lexus RX350 AWD, Classic Metallic, Sirius radio.

2k8 Audi R8, 4.2, Silver Metallic, StaSis Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius radio (Totalled)

2k14 Audi R8 5.2 Suzuka Grey, Larini Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius, K&N Filters w/ silicoln sleeve and tuned.