TGGRRR (Ali)

Tint party

July 2nd

At my house where we have a 1 car garage

7505 Essex Ave

Springfield, VA 22150

We have dogs, they're very friendly.

If you're not being tinted please park on the street on the side where their are houses. There's no parking on the center side. You can also park in the driveway off to the side if there's room.

We can fire up the grill if people want to bring stuff to eat.

This day is currently booked but don't despair as Part 2 has been booked for the next day

Prices for MINIs are as follows

2 windows $75 (45 minutes)

2 door cars $130 (1 hourish)

4 door cars $160 (1 hour - 1 hour and a half)

Windshield strips (15 minutes)

$25 with the car/ $50 on its own

Ceramic tint + $40

lifetime warranty on film

For non MINIs or odd requests call Wardel directly at 571-251-5735 he will give you pricing and also ask him for timing so that I set up the slots right.

Please reply or comment with the time slot that you want and what you're doing, type of MINI etc.

schedule in the first comment

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Appointment schedule

1. 08:30 John (Obsessive) Corvette 90 minutes

2. 10:00 Denny (Rchitct) 1 hourish

3. 11:00 Matt (Sporkeh) 1 and a half hours

4 & 5. 12:30 Justin (Se7er) 3 hours

6. 3:30 Erik (04R53)

7. 5:00 open

Edited by TGGRRR

Tggrrr010.jpg

I am very excited. I know my kids complain of how bright it is in the car....

Are there different degrees of tint that he can do? Or is it all the same?

Mat

There are different tints and the laws in the surrounding states are all different. Depending on where you live some states let you go darker than others.

Tggrrr010.jpg

I am very excited. I know my kids complain of how bright it is in the car....

Are there different degrees of tint that he can do? Or is it all the same?

Mat

I don't know about Maryland, but in VA you can't go darker than 50% in the front and 35% in the back. (FYI, 50% means the tint allows 50% of light coming through. That also means that 35% offers darker tint than 50%).

I spoke with Wardel yesterday and he said he also offers 40% tint, but if you choose it for the front windows and you get pulled over, you will likely get a ticket.

Here's a link to the FAQ page on tint laws in this area:

http://dcmetrominis.org/forum/topic/4628-what-are-the-state-laws-regarding-car-window-tint/

Cricket was originally a DC resident, but I wanted tint, so I had it done VA legal (50% all around - I didn't want it darker in the back). I never had an issue with the DC police, but I didn't do anything crazy, either. Now that she's an MD resident, I'd love to get her retinted to 35% all around, but it's expensive (and time consuming) to remove the old tint. :(

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

GreenCactus said:

http://dcmetrominis.org/forum/topic/4628-what-are-the-state-laws-regarding-car-window-tint/

Cricket was originally a DC resident, but I wanted tint, so I had it done VA legal (50% all around - I didn't want it darker in the back). I never had an issue with the DC police, but I didn't do anything crazy, either. Now that she's an MD resident, I'd love to get her retinted to 35% all around, but it's expensive (and time consuming) to remove the old tint. :(

Yeah, I am thinking about the 50% all around for mine because I too dislike uneven tint between the front and back. Wardel said some people choose the 40% as a compromise between 35% and 50%). Of course this means you will probably get a ticket if you get pulled over.

Will he need to know ahead of time if I want the 50/35 or 50/50?
I doubt it. He'll have both rolls there with him, and he'll cut from the roll you ask for.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

If you want to bribe me you'll being apples, fuji or gala but sure you can show up early to see it.

Donuts ewwww :tongue:

I'll think about the apples...donuts are definitely happening. :eviltongue:

Grey Goose: 2016 F56 Moonwalk Grey JCW - TTFS/GTPeace Custom Stage 1 (Present)
Shadow: 2011 R56 HT MB/MB - MANIC Stage 1 (Past)

Ali,

We should schedule a lunch break for Wardel. Otherwise he will likely have to work non-stop from morning to evening.

I asked but he is happy to just keep going. So what I will do is buy him lunch and make sure he takes a break to eat between cars.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Ali,

We should schedule a lunch break for Wardel. Otherwise he will likely have to work non-stop from morning to evening.

We definitely want to feed the man so that he doesn't pass out from exhaustion! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Jamie Dee & Kamala

Ok we're at 8 cars, and going choose to 12 hours.

If anyone else wants in we can either start a wait list or someone else with a garage hosts. He has a 2 car minimum to come out

If you get a wait list, let me know... I have a 2 car garage and live right off Routes 66/28 & 29 where Chantilly/Centreville & Fairfax all meet.

*And if that's the case, then I'll move my time slot to Sunday (assuming he's still available then)

If you get a wait list, let me know... I have a 2 car garage and live right off Routes 66/28 & 29 where Chantilly/Centreville & Fairfax all meet.

*And if that's the case, then I'll move my time slot to Sunday (assuming he's still available then)

OK, so right now you have 7:00 AM

If another person wants in and can do Sunday then we'll confirm with Wardell and then create another event for Sunday. What is this, the marathon tint party???

Tggrrr010.jpg

http://www.dcmetrominis.org/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_general_faq#faq_vb3_tint_laws

FYI, do you all know that this is a thing? http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/pdf/med20.pdf

*Medical waiver in VA that allows you to get 35% on all sides and 70% on upper 5" of front windshield. Basically you need your doc to sign off that you're subject to skin cancer (or God forbid have it, or some other eye sensitivity). Given my pasty white redhead skin, I'm thinking I might look into this!

Ceramic tint + $40

is this worth it? Does anyone notice any interference with their technology gadgets and regular film? Is there any additional benefit of the Ceramic?

Apologies if this was answered elsewhere, I did try a search, but couldn't find anything on our forum... of course the websites where they're trying to sell you the stuff claim that it's necessary.

Thoughts?