DIREK

PMOA - service with bolt-ons

Hello everyone:

Quick question to those who go to PMOA for service. Do you get frowned upon when they see your car has aftermarket doohickeys? In particular, I have an NM Power Module on my F56 and i'm reluctant to take it off -- if i dont have to.

It's not throwing any CELs and the car drives great. I just don't want to hear "Oh, your warranty's voided coz you have this doohickey on your engine." BS.

Thoughts? Comments? Yay or Nay?

2015 Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S F56

6MT, Premium, Cold Weather, Media, LED, HUD

NM Engineering Power module

Borla Touring axle back exhaust

JCW style bonnet stripes

c'mon now, nobody goes to PMoA with bolt ons? :itsme:

JCW style bonnet stripes

Things like CAI, springs, etc.. they do not give you any issues. Now if you have added HR springs just don't think that they are covering a failed CV joint as you changed the geometry of the suspension.

As for anything with the ECU they may not like, but I don't thing a plug in would be as big an issue as if you had a third party tune in it.

If anything remove when you take it in and plug back in afterwards.

I used to remove brandy's CAI when it was going in for warranty work, so the had no reason to reject it.

c'mon now, nobody goes to PMoA with bolt ons? :itsme:

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

As others have stated, as long as your mod does not directly relate to any issues you are having, they have no grounds to reject you.

This is just my tin foil hat side, but keep in mind, we don't know if they are keeping records of all the mods you have (from previous visits), so if you come in with some kind of MAF issue, but you take off your aftermarket intake and put the OEM one on, they might call you out on that.

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

I wouldn't have any issue with leaving a "bolt-on" part on the vehicle, but what you have is different- You're messing with boost levels using that power module, and I know that if you came into my shop for warranty issues I'd make a note of it...

Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess I will just have to grin and bear removing the NM power module every time Roxie goes in for service. :motor:

JCW style bonnet stripes