Edge

Spring Fling 2015: Drive & Lunch in VA wine country

Evergreen Mills 'seemed' okay to us last weekend. We just returned from driving Snickersville Turnpike to Lime Kiln, then Lime Kiln to 15. Here's the notable spots:

1. Starting from 7 on Snickerville, when you cross the 1-lane bridge, near the "3 Gables" farm

2. Between Colchester and Silicot Springs/St Louis Rd

3. Just entering Philomont, when the speed reduces

4. Leaving Philomont. There's an old cabin (circa 1700s) on the right side.

5. Right past Mountville Rd before Lime Kiln

On Lime Kiln:

1. Near the Triple Hickory Ranch

2. Near Goose Creek Lane (right after crossing Goose Creek)

3. Crooked Bridge Lane

4. 7/10 mile from turning off 15.

Note that the Lime Kiln potholes are listed in reverse-order, for tomorrow's run. So #4 is the first one you'll come to. I think that was one of the worst areas.

That's all we got to check out. It appears that there was some repair work done in a few areas.

Thanks Jim (and Jennifer)! I'm glad to hear that some of the potholes may be patched. Susan and I took note of the mileage at all of the worst potholes during the practice run, so we'll be referring to that (quick reference) tomorrow, and trying to call out "POTHOLE!" any time we come across one. :)

I'm looking forward to the run tomorrow! A quick reminder - don't forget to have your 2-way radios charged and your MINI's gas tank full! Also, if you can find it, please bring and wear your member badges. I'll be sporting mine, and it's always nice to see others wear theirs - so people can more easily know who you are (really helpful for newer members).

See you all in the morning! :motor:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Thanks for leading the run, Haemish :top: The group size was just about right in my opinion, and the weather wasn't too shabby either. Jennifer and I had a great time, and it was nice seeing old friends and meeting up with new ones.

Thanks also to Alex for sweeping and taking care of our 6 :rock:

Thanks for leading the run, Haemish :top: The group size was just about right in my opinion, and the weather wasn't too shabby either. Jennifer and I had a great time, and it was nice seeing old friends and meeting up with new ones.

Thanks also to Alex for sweeping and taking care of our 6 :rock:

This was an absolutely perfect day!!! Thanks Haemish and everyone

We had a blast

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg