Lt. Dan

Stripes or No?

so my new Meatballs will be here Friday for the R53, but it's going to be too damned cold to put them on. So I fired up Forza and started playing.... And I had ideas.... So, I wanted everybody's opinion!!!

So, here is what it will look like with just the Meatballs (yes, it's getting gold wheels):

racecar2_zpscc471434.jpg

I thought it was a little plain, but a few people have said they like the "clean" look...

I decided to throw a stripe on the side of the car, but couldn't figure out how to end it at the front. after a little more thought, I remembered that my front bumper is in pretty nasty condition because of a bad clearbra install/removal by the previous owner, so I made this one, with a red stripe that drops down and covers the front bumper!

racecar_zps2d5134d7.jpg

I tried a couple different colors on the stripe, but nothing looked as good as the red...

So, that's where I'm at so far- What's everyones opinion? Stripe or no stripe? Have another idea I should try? Post it up and I'll go nuts in Forza after work tonight!!

:top::rock::motor:

that looks awesome man! love the unique design. I agree with orange...but the red looks killer too. My only concern is when the red fades...then you've got pink!

2009 MCS - Passenger seat delete--Rear seat delete--Arm rest delete--Cup holder delete--Seat Belt Delete--Cup holder added back because coffee

I like the idea of stripes, but the way it wraps around the front bumper almost looks like clown make up, maybe Ali's idea of orange will change that a bit. (Gulf'ish)

Martini livery is awesome!

Martini-style-Racing-Livery-by-CAM-SHAFT-for-the-Porsche-911-GT3-14.jpg

or

2010-Bargwanna%20Motorsport%20MINI%20livery%20concept%20LOWRES.jpg

I like the way it wraps around the headlights and rear fenders....checked flags optional, but I think making it a solid color on the bottom would look cleaner.

Edited by RDG_RCR

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

I like the idea of stripes, but the way it wraps around the front bumper almost looks like clown make up, maybe Ali's idea of orange will change that a bit. (Gulf'ish)

Martini livery is awesome!

Martini-style-Racing-Livery-by-CAM-SHAFT-for-the-Porsche-911-GT3-14.jpg

or

2010-Bargwanna%20Motorsport%20MINI%20livery%20concept%20LOWRES.jpg

I like the way it wraps around the headlights and rear fenders....checked flags optional, but I think making it a solid color on the bottom would look cleaner.

My 944 was white:

53CDFE44-C5ED-44E3-A209-E096B8D41618_zps8lw7z29z.jpg

If I had kept it, the plan was to either do a Martini scheme on it, or a Rothman's look:

Rothmans-Porsche-911-SC-RS.jpg

it's the color wheel orange is opposite blue so they contrast and pop off of each other, but it works better if the intensity of one of the colors is different then that other one. Cobalt blue and orange can be overpowering if there are large chunks of both colors.

Electric blue and orange or ice blue and orange work.

Then there's secondary complimentary colors. Next to orange is red and yellow, both of those colors will also contrast nicely with blue but they aren't as intense.

Then as you move around you start to lose contrast if you put blue with it's neighbors of green and purple, still pretty but now it's more harmonious and less contrast.

And Voila! there's your art lesson for the day :biggrin:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

That is why I like black or dark grey base, everything pops off of it.:rock:

it's the color wheel orange is opposite blue so they contrast and pop off of each other, but it works better if the intensity of one of the colors is different then that other one. Cobalt blue and orange can be overpowering if there are large chunks of both colors.

Electric blue and orange or ice blue and orange work.

Then there's secondary complimentary colors. Next to orange is red and yellow, both of those colors will also contrast nicely with blue but they aren't as intense.

Then as you move around you start to lose contrast if you put blue with it's neighbors of green and purple, still pretty but now it's more harmonious and less contrast.

And Voila! there's your art lesson for the day :biggrin:

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I have always been a fan of the euro stripe, with the number meatball on it.

Also drawing in the thrid color, Brandy's ebony had a gun metal grey as the larger primary stripe and the orange was the accent pin stripe the first time I did it.

Then Ali took brandy to the darkside (orangeside).

Sara was orginally going with orange stripes until she thought of the houndstooth idea. Ice blue and orange look great together.

mom1.jpg

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels