GreenCactus

Scavenger Hunt - June 21, 2014

WOW, and the award for most confusing answer to a simple question goes the Ali. :rofl:

Yes you can use your GPS to get between places. At least I don't see a rule against it.

In this case a your GPS is not a navigator. Your navigator is the person that looks at the clues and works with you to help you go find them. Then you find them and you guys go take a picture of it. You don't have to have one but they do make the day more fun.

For example the clue is to find a business with the name MINI in it. A GPS may not be that useful, you might need your smart phone for that. Having a real human means that they can be researching clues while you're driving around to them. The navigator helps you stay organized. Making sense?

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

It's not really a confusing if you expect someone doesn't know what kind of clues have been given in the past. Also if you think someone could be confusing the GPS/Navigation System with having a co-pilot/navigator to help look for clues, take photos so the driver can focus on the road. I think we need to cut Ali some slack.

She was explaining that for most of the clues a GPS won't help much, much like the clues from the past "take a photo of a red velvet MINI". Or "take a photo of a person in colonial clothing." I found someone dressed as Ben Franklin in front of the White House by chance in 2011, but in 2012 I used my factory nav to go to Mount Vernon.

Signature.JPG

It's not really a confusing if you expect someone doesn't know what kind of clues have been given in the past. Also if you think someone could be confusing the GPS/Navigation System with having a co-pilot/navigator to help look for clues, take photos so the driver can focus on the road. I think we need to cut Ali some slack.

She was explaining that for most of the clues a GPS won't help much, much like the clues from the past "take a photo of a red velvet MINI". Or "take a photo of a person in colonial clothing." I found someone dressed as Ben Franklin in front of the White House by chance in 2011, but in 2012 I used my factory nav to go to Mount Vernon.

Thanks! I was just trying to help her be successful :biggrin:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Here are the rules from the last scavenger hunt. They are subject to change, but probably not too much.

Rules

1. You may not start until 11:00am

2. You must check in by by 4:00pm. You will be penalized 1 point for every minute you’re late.

3. This is NOT a race! You will be disqualified if you get pulled over.

a. There is an envelope in your packet marked “Driver’s License”. Every member of your team who has a license must put it in the envelope and then seal the envelope. If the seal is broken upon your return, you’re disqualified.

4. You ARE allowed to use the internet and GPS. You can also ask other DCMMers, but they don’t have to answer.

5. Items must be “real” not toys, pictures, models, etc., unless specifically stated.

6. Pictures of items must be within a “reasonable distance” of the object/item. Reasonable distance is defined as no more than a 5 minute walk from where the picture is taken.

7. You need to name your team. It can be creative or just a number, but we need a way to identify you.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

This will be my first event with the group and I am flying solo this weekend. So, if anyone is interested in navigating for someone they don't know at all .. i.e. making a new friend .. I would love to have them along. :wavey:

Edited by Spades

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This will be my first event with the group and I am flying solo this weekend. So, if anyone is interested in navigating for someone they don't know at all .. i.e. making a new friend .. I would love to have them along. :wavey:

Do you need help with the logistics? Since my Navigator is 300ish miles away I won't take part in the hunt. But I'd be happy to help out as a non-hunter...

Maybe you guys can be a team?

Tggrrr010.jpg

I hope everyone is getting excited!! We're only a couple of days away, so if the "maybes" could firm up their RSVPs, that would be great. I want to make sure I have enough packets for everyone.

If you only want to join at the end, please put that in your RSVP and PM me so I can tell you the location. You can also talk to me at the Meet and Greet.

Everyone is welcome to participate, whether or not you have a MINI/Mini. The 3rd place team at the last Scavenger Hunt was in a Corvette. :rock:

A few things for Saturday...

If you haven't already, friend "Cricket S. Cooper" on Facebook and/or follow "cricketthemini" on Twitter. She might give out some helpful hints throughout the day. :wink:

Bring a clipboard if you have one. It will make it easier to check off the items you've found.

The end point is indoor (important if you remember the last scavenger hunt) and plenty for food and drinks will be available for purchase. It is family friendly, in case there are any kids. However, it is not pet friendly (unfortunately).

Lots of fun at the scavenger hunt!

http://imgur.com/S6xmDth

Thanks Laura!!!

Bill - you did great getting that shot, really should have bugged one of the groups of people that we saw

I was excited that we got these fancy chickens :top:

Laura - it was so much fun. I really appreciate everything that you put into the planning of the event

Tggrrr010.jpg