GreenCactus

Scavenger Hunt - June 21, 2014

DCMM Scavenger Hunt

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Start time: 11:00am at Passport MINI of Alexandria

End time: 4:00pm (deadline) It will take a couple of hours to compile the results, so don't plan on leaving until about 6pm. (Please note: The more participants we have the longer the scoring process will be.)

End point: Sterling, VA. The exact location is part of the scavenger hunt, so it will not be disclosed. I can tell you that food and beverages that suit everyone will be available.

WHERE TO MEET: Passport MINI of Alexandria (It's the Meet and Greet location this month)

WHEN: Saturday, June 21 at 11am. It is in your best interest to be there on time, as that will allow you more time to find the items!

WHAT TO BRING: Full tank of gas, a navigator, and a camera. This is a change from past years - we will allow camera phones! Two-way radios could be helpful but are not required.

Cost: Free!!

How this will work: When you check in, you will receive a packet with the rules and the list of items/places you need to find. You will not be allowed to open this until 11am!

Though not required, a navigator would be very helpful. You can have up to 4 people on your team. It's limited to 4 for safety reasons, you don't have 5 seatbelts in your MINI. If you are not driving a MINI, you can have up to the number of seatbelts in your car.

Most of the things/places you need to find are in Northern Virginia, you will not need to go into DC. There is no way you can find everything on the list, but it will likely be a long day of driving .

You will need to turn in your items/pictures by 4pm. The exact location of the end point is yet to be determined. If anyone has a suggestion, please pm me. Anyone is welcome to join us for the end, whether you participated in the hunt or not.

Your packet will contain a full list of the rules and detailed instructions.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

I'm ready to assist this year, Laura! :top:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I will probably need a navigator. I can't imagine a 6-year-old will be much help...

We need to find a group of navigators so that people aren't held back. Poor Matthew would probably not have fun on this one :puke:

Will your husband John come play with us?

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I will probably need a navigator. I can't imagine a 6-year-old will be much help...

Lona is a Navigator in search of a driver - I can vouch for her, she's VERY good at this event. We have a trophy to prove it!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

He might... it took effort to get him to come to the picnic, but he had fun once he was there. He also came to the brunch after the beltway run. So it's not completely out of the question, just not very likely.

Love the vomit smiley!

Please don't encourage Ali and emoticons - you'll be overwhelmed...

He might... it took effort to get him to come to the picnic, but he had fun once he was there. He also came to the brunch after the beltway run. So it's not completely out of the question, just not very likely.

Love the vomit smiley!

Looks like Lona is available. I can vouch for her

Tggrrr010.jpg

My job is done here, I'll just pat myself on the back for a moment.

:hahaha:

:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

P.S. I think that's the most emoticons that I have ever used in a single post. I sure hope the grammar cops don't bust me for it! :wink:

My job is done here, I'll just pat myself on the back for a moment.

:hahaha:

:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

P.S. I think that's the most emoticons that I have ever used in a single post. I sure hope the grammar cops don't bust me for it! :wink:

I think Chris is the grammar cop, so you're safe :biggrin:

Tggrrr010.jpg