GreenCactus

Scavenger Hunt - June 21, 2014

At this current point in time, I do NOT have work travel scheduled for the two week window from June 21 to July 3!!! As a result, I am glad that I will be able to attend my first event with DC Metro Minis!!! I will be accompanied by the lovely Mrs. Whales (Orleny, la Caleña loca), who will serve as navigator, despite only knowing how to navigate from our house to; Dulles Town Center, Columbia Mall, Towson Mall or Hagerstown Outlets...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

La Mosa

2006 JCW R53

You say you want a Revolution...

At this current point in time, I do NOT have work travel scheduled for the two week window from June 21 to July 3!!! As a result, I am glad that I will be able to attend my first event with DC Metro Minis!!! I will be accompanied by the lovely Mrs. Whales (Orleny, la Caleña loca), who will serve as navigator, despite only knowing how to navigate from our house to; Dulles Town Center, Columbia Mall, Towson Mall or Hagerstown Outlets...

Looking forward to meeting you! Us non NoVa people need to stick together!

I've updated the event information with the end point.

The end point will be in Sterling, VA. The exact location will be one of the clues, so I'm not telling exactly where. There will be food and drinks that will appeal to most people.

If don't want to participate in the scavenger hunt but would like to attend the food/drinks portion, please PM me and I will tell you the location. You will be sworn to secrecy, though! :wink:

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Hi Everyone!

We only have four teams so far. I know it's still early, but this event requires a lot of planning. I also need to order the prizes by the end of the week. We really need a few more teams to participate. I'd hate to cancel the event, but if we don't get more teams, I will have to.

I would consider running watson, is there a ball park on the area this adventure covers.

If I bring him we won't win on speed, but I am not above liberally interpting rules to benifit me.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I would consider running watson, is there a ball park on the area this adventure covers.

If I bring him we won't win on speed, but I am not above liberally interpting rules to benifit me.

I'm not going to answer that. :tongue:

It's not about speed... it's more time management. Since it's in Northern VA, there's a lot of traffic, so if that's an issue for Watson you may want to reconsider. I do my best to have clues that take you off of the main/busy roads, though. :smile:

I'm not going to answer that. :tongue:

It's not about speed... it's more time management. Since it's in Northern VA, there's a lot of traffic, so if that's an issue for Watson you may want to reconsider. I do my best to have clues that take you off of the main/busy roads, though. :smile:

Cool, he is good is traffic and around town. It is extended highway driving, the water pump is driven of crank, so fast you go faster it spins. To qoute 80s rock, "I can't drive 55"

I will talk to brandy and make it a solid yay or nay.

SO there's a bonus for driving a classic mini, right:top:

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Cool, he is good is traffic and around town. It is extended highway driving, the water pump is driven of crank, so fast you go faster it spins. To qoute 80s rock, "I can't drive 55"

I will talk to brandy and make it a solid yay or nay.

SO there's a bonus for driving a classic mini, right:top:

If there's a bonus for a classic then there should be a bonus for being in an Orange MINI.....

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

It really is. Hopefully the link works, but here's my photos from past events. I think I made the caption the clue.

2012 Scavenger Hunt

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.456588187685463.112476.224928094184808&type=3

2011 Scavenger Hunt

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.224940760850208.69624.224928094184808&type=3

Signature.JPG

Oh there will be a navigator. Or I may be a navigator.

So you're saying I can use gps?

In this case a your GPS is not a navigator. Your navigator is the person that looks at the clues and works with you to help you go find them. Then you find them and you guys go take a picture of it. You don't have to have one but they do make the day more fun.

For example the clue is to find a business with the name MINI in it. A GPS may not be that useful, you might need your smart phone for that. Having a real human means that they can be researching clues while you're driving around to them. The navigator helps you stay organized. Making sense?

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg