TGGRRR (Ali)

DC Photo Shoot morning

Is everyone planning to come for lunch? I made reservations for 15ish so I think we're still good with that number. Teasim is pretty casual so I think we can have a few more or less and be fine

I'm in assuming weather cooperates for the run. If you cancel it, I will work.

Chances of snow are increasing... 40-60% depending on whose forecast you read. Amount seems to be in agreement... less than an inch.

Timing is where all the forecasts vary... NWS says "Snow likely in the morning, then rain and snow likely in the afternoon", and also has the highest percentage chance that I've found... another site gives a window of 11-3 for light snow... a third gives chances of flurries between 9-11... a fourth says "intermittent snow showers and flurries becoming a steady light snow later."

That's where we are as of now in the forecast department... I'll try to give an update tomorrow during the day, if I'm not too busy at work.

If we wake up and there's snow on the ground I may have to call it. I have really good snow tires so driving in an inch of snow is no big deal to us. But I want people to feel safe.

Is there anyone here that would come out anyway if there's a light amount of snow?

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Is there anyone here that would come out anyway if there's a light amount of snow?

Given the consensus across the forecasts that there will be an inch or less of snow, I would still come out, and will likely join in for lunch.

Timing seems to be coming together... the two sites that gave specific times seem to now have an hour of difference, with one site saying 10-noon, the other saying 9-noon as best chances of flurries/snow. Looking directly at the model data, two of the models correspond nearly perfectly with this timing (the models work in 3-hour windows, and show best chance of precip between 10a-1p, with a small amount between 7a-10a).

NWS has upped the chance of snow to 70% now... other sites are still lower, around 50%. NWS' forecast for DC now just says "Snow likely. Total accumulation around 1 inch possible" for tomorrow.

Is everyone planning to come for lunch? I made reservations for 15ish so I think we're still good with that number. Teasim is pretty casual so I think we can have a few more or less and be fine

Ali, weather changed our plans so we're not going out of town. If you're still on we'll join you for lunch.

Signature.JPG

Ok, based on what I'm hearing the event is on.

If you don't have proper tires please don't risk injury to yourself or your MINI if you are uncomfortable with the conditions. We can plan another photo event in nicer weather.

Please update your RSVP if you don't think you're coming so that I have an idea of how many to expect. I plan to be at the tidal basin right at 8:00 or hopefully 7:45. Because it's cold and we do want to get in and out of DC before it goes too late we'll start shooting pretty quickly.

If you're running late and you get to the tidal basin and there are no MINIs never fear. Head over to the Capital and see if you can find us there.

If you want my cell number to text or call me send a PM and I'll reply with it.

Tggrrr010.jpg

As of right now I'm keeping the event on and I'm fine with a smaller group. If a lot of you don't feel comfortable coming out and want another date I'll do it again in March at a different area. DC is a ghost town in Feb which is what we need for this.

Tggrrr010.jpg

I created a route sheet. Bring your walkie talkies if you have them. There are a few areas where it may be hard to stay together so I provided addresses so that you can make it using GPS if needed

Leave Tidal Basin Parking lot

Right on Independence Ave

Left at Light onto 15th St SW

1st Right onto Jefferson Dr SW

Left onto 4th St

STOP for Photoshoot with cars along the street.

Can get views with Monument and Capital

Right onto Madison

Left onto 3rd St NW

Immediate Right into parking lot

We want to park as close to the Capital as we can

Follow Tigger

Route into VA

Right onto First street

Right onto Maryland

Right onto Independence

Left onto 14th Street

Get onto 395 South (do not enter HOV lanes, stay right)

Exit 10B George Washington Memorial Parkway SOUTH

(we have to pass the park and turn around)

Take Exit to Reagan National Airport

Follow VA 233 E / Airport Access Rd

Turn Right onto Aviation Circle

Slight right onto GW Parkway NORTH

Stay in the right lane, Gravelly Point is on the right

Route to Teaism

682 N St Asaph St, Alexandria, VA 22314

Take a right out of the parking lot onto GW Parkway North

Turn around at exit for 395 South

Get back onto GW Parkway South

Drive 5.6 miles

Make a left onto Pendelton St

Take a quick left into free parking lot (covered lot)

The lot is pretty cool, we might want a few shots here.

When you leave the lot you have to walk through the courtyard to the right to get to Teaism

Tggrrr010.jpg

When you say "Jefferson Memorial paddle boat parking lot," do you mean the parking lot next to the paddle boats off Maine Ave. and Independence Ave. and completely on the other side of the Tidal Basin from the Jefferson Memorial and not at all near the Jefferson Memorial? I can't find paddle boats near the Jefferson Memorial on Google Earth. I have zoomed in really far.

Also, Cooper is washed, snow tires are on, I'll be there.

2013 Reef Blue R56 JCW

I have an extra walkie if someone needs it.

I'll also bring some extra Quick Detailer and micro fiber cloth if anyone needs it.

Miguel won't be able to attend with Mickito because of work. :-(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Rigsby" - 13 R59 MCRSm, CR, Blk SS, 17" Blk Star Bullets, Blk HL and FL, Blk Mirrors, Stone Guards, Chrome Line Ext & Int, JCW Int, Championship B/R, Packs: 1, 2, 3, 4, HK w/Sirius, NAV, MC, PDC

When you say "Jefferson Memorial paddle boat parking lot," do you mean the parking lot next to the paddle boats off Maine Ave. and Independence Ave. and completely on the other side of the Tidal Basin from the Jefferson Memorial and not at all near the Jefferson Memorial? I can't find paddle boats near the Jefferson Memorial on Google Earth. I have zoomed in really far.

Also, Cooper is washed, snow tires are on, I'll be there.

Yes, put this into the Google Maps search and you'll see it

Tidal Basin Paddle Boats, Maine Avenue Southwest, Washington, DC

Tggrrr010.jpg

The forecast still has the four letter word in it on most of the sites I checked (I actually did find one that didn't have the four letter word in it). Some are pushing the snow a bit more into the afternoon, though.

AccuWeather lists a 35-40% chance of snow for a good part of the day, but in their hourly forecast, they only list flurries in the 9:00-10:00 and noon-2:00 timeframes.

Forecast.io pushes the snow window more into the afternoon, with light snow noon-1p, and more snow later, 3-5p.

NWS still says 70% chance of snow. The area forecast specifically for SW DC says mainly between 9a-4p, and about 1/2 inch of new accumulation.

weather.com seems to side with NWS here... their hourly forecast has snow in it from 9a-5p, with 30% chance from 9a-noon and 50-70% chance from noon-4p.

From a TV perspective, WUSA9's future forecast map shows snow tomorrow afternoon, 1-5p or thereabouts.

Weather Underground's BestForecast is the one that simply says "Cloudy."

I'm hoping to find a touchless car wash tomorrow morning to get an OK wash, and will bring some Griots waterless car wash with me to clean up a little more.

Just saw this. First weekend not traveling in a while and made a New Year's resolution to finally meet up with you all in 2014. So... I will drive out for the photos but will not make it thru till lunch.

Park me somewhere behind the shiny clean cars, as Mini Maul is a mess!!!

MINI MAUL 2012 Countryman S ALL 4 Pure Red

2" Countryman Connection/Cooper Crap Lift | Breyton GTS-R 18"x8.5" | Pirelli Scorpion Verde 235/50-18 A/S Non RFTs | NM Torque Arm insert | LED Parking Light upgrade | H8 Yellow Fog Lamp upgrade | Rhino Rack XTray Cargo Rack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]